Can Richmond go back to back? # Did overconfidence cost them against Collingwood #

Did overconfidence cost Richmond the win against Collingwood?

• yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on AFL.com. Pretty scathing from the AFL players.

CAN RICHMOND win back-to-back premierships?

Absolutely not, according to a survey as part of the AFL Players' top 50 poll.

In fact, 34 per cent of AFL players have tipped the Tigers to plummet down the ladder in 2018 following their breakthrough flag win last year.

We're getting back to where we belong - hated. But we're not there yet. Another couple of premierships should do it.

I have literally zero to be angry about.
You're absolutely right.
Fairytale build up.
Most dominant finals series this century.
Just an incredible premiership victory.
Amazing cellebration. The likes of which has not been seen in Australia before.
Natural order restored.

Celebrate with us. Share the love. Don't be so bitter and twisted about one of the great stories in VFL/AFL history :thumbsu:
Jump aboard the Tiggy train. Even after all of you salt and attempts to spoil, you're still most welcome. We're a sharing mob us Tigers :)

You're absolutely right.
Fairytale build up.
Most dominant finals series this century.
Just an incredible premiership victory.
Amazing cellebration. The likes of which has not been seen in Australia before.
Natural order restored.

Celebrate with us. Share the love. Don't be so bitter and twisted about one of the great stories in VFL/AFL history :thumbsu:
Jump aboard the Tiggy train. Even after all of you salt and attempts to spoil, you're still most welcome. We're a sharing mob us Tigers :)
Agree with all your sentiments there but Cats 07 finals series was overall more dominant.
Wins by 106, 6 and 119 will be hard to argue against.(ave margin 74 points)
But from a consistency pov, Tigers wins were sheer dominance

You are currently the best team at the mcg - i suspect this year you might even beat some good teams away.

By that logic, Adelaide is 'only' the best team at AO, WCE the best team at Subi (kinda redundant this year), etc etc.

We won more games than anyone else last year, in spite of having fewer games at our home ground than most had. You really need to get over your obsession.

You are currently the best team at the mcg - i suspect this year you might even beat some good teams away.
And isn't it wonderful that the MCG is where all Vic v Vic finals are played and where the Grand Final is played.
Thanks mate, you've made me smile. :thumbsu:

The MCG is where grand finals are played.
Your team has played there once or twice. Didn't complain about that.
If you're not accustomed to the ground, tell someone who cares.

Or build one that has the same dimensions. If only they had an opportunity to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the 5th best team can theoretically win the grand final. It happened last year too.
Tigers finished 3rd after the H&A season. Pretty much any team that makes the Top 4 has a pretty similar chance to win the flag.
The Dogs are still the outlier that won from outside the Top 4, pretty sure its still the only time with the current finals format.

But they would probably need to be allowed to play at their pwecious wittle home ground for every single game of the finals series (again)
The same benefit that any Melbourne based side would get, including Essendon

and get lots of free kicks (again).
Richmond finished the year last for free kicks against per game and last for +- free kicks with -59 for the year.

So you're 0 from 3

Last edited:
Tigers finished 3rd after the H&A season. Pretty much any team that makes the Top 4 has a pretty similar chance to win the flag.
The Dogs are still the outlier that won from outside the Top 4, pretty sure its still the only time with the current finals format.

Richmond finished the year last for free kicks against per game and last for +- free kicks with -59 for the year.

So you're 0 from 3

Go easy on him mate still has his trolling wheels on

So you're 0 from 3
I see, the tigers can't have been the 5th best team because they finished third.

So Adelaide were the best team and Richmond the third best team?

Just because Essendon get the benefit doesn't make it fair. Its called home ground advantage.

Your stat is meaningless, the umpires destroyed GWS and Adelaide.

You were gifted a flag, don't be so rude. I even gave you the receipt in case you want to swap it for a decent list.

I see, the tigers can't have been the 5th best team because they finished third.
Correct

After the home and away season, yes

Just because Essendon get the benefit doesn't make it fair. Its called home ground advantage.
It's called home STATE advantage in the finals. The only game in question, is the one against Geelong. Geelong have played every single final at the MCG except for 1 game against Freo which they lost. Why was this not an issue the year before when the Hawks finishing 3rd played Geelong who finished 2nd at the MCG?

GWS won the free kick count 27 to 28, so how did GWS get destroyed by the umpires?
Richmond won the free kick count 24 to 19, which is firstly, not getting destroyed and secondly actually pretty standard when compared to other games that have one team dominate the contested possessions.

You were gifted a flag, don't be so rude. I even gave you the receipt in case you want to swap it for a decent list.
You can't be gifted a flag when you beat every other Top 4 team by 8 goals in the finals

Stop being a troll, take it to Bay 13 if you want to post this kind of rubbish

At the end of the H&A season, when the finals start, it's a whole new ball game.
You have to be good to get into the finals.
Then, you have to beat the best in the comp to win a final.
Then. you have to win the Grand Final against the best of the rest.
We went into the GF as underdogs and rightfully so because we were.
Or would you like to return to the olden days when the Premiers were the team that finished the H&A on top of the ladder and there were no finals?

At the end of the H&A season, when the finals start, it's a whole new ball game.
You have to be good to get into the finals.
Then, you have to beat the best in the comp to win a final.
Then. you have to win the Grand Final against the best of the rest.
We went into the GF as underdogs and rightfully so because we were.
Or would you like to return to the olden days when the Premiers were the team that finished the H&A on top of the ladder and there were no finals?
Yes

To those that are saying Richmond only win at the MCG - I hope you realise they have 14 games at the MCG this year, up from 11 last year. If they make the finals they could play as many as 17 games there this year.
Why i have you as favs

Actually i do think you will beat teams away as well as at home this year.

I think your lot and gws are going to be stand outs for the season.

Yep they won. You must have missed it because you were in a public toilet licking the toilet bowl and crying because everyone hates you lol
Past your bed time?
Want a drink of water?
Your tummy hurts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back