Nostradamus Lives Ross Lyon Sexual Harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

The support for Ross from a number of Freo posters is really quite remarkable.

No wonder Michelle Cowan quit the club with this sort of culture.

You do realize that a supporter base does not represent the internal culture of a club.

Otherwise we can all assume that you are an adultering, back stabbing, junior umpire abusing, raffle rigging, rubber chicken choker.

Where? Legitimate question. All I can find is articles with exerts of what Gil said and the journalist adding the "understandings", "it is believed" etc that it was a workcover lodgement.

Not sure either the AFL or Freo ever actually said it was lodged with workcover.
Yeah much more likely the AFL journos have falsely claimed the AFL said something.

Of course he doesn’t given Lyon’s feud with him.

When we’re taking the opinion of Kim Hagdorn and Gerard Whateley seriously on this issue given their conflict of interest, it leaves me feeling the media are struggling for relevancey. All we need is Shane McInness to comment and that’s the trifecta of conflicts completed.

Irrespective, I’m concerned about the media coverage of this story and feel Lyon can’t survive this.

SEN radio reported this today. Gerard Whateley.
Was this aimed at me?

Whately just said the same things that were said in here. That Freo and AFL claimed it was workcover and now it had shown not to be = bad. No citation of either the AFL or Freo claiming it was workcover.

Look if Ross is genuinely a bad man he has to go. By the same token if this has be blown way out of proportion for the sake of a story then he becomes a victim. Either makes me feel sick to be honest.

When we’re taking the opinion of Kim Hagdorn and Gerard Whateley seriously on this issue given their conflict of interest, it leaves me feeling the media are struggling for relevancey. All we need is Shane McInness to comment and that’s the trifecta of conflicts completed.

Irrespective, I’m concerned about the media coverage of this story and feel Lyon can’t survive this.
If Lyon does not survive it will be of his own doing and not the media.

Was this aimed at me?

Whately just said the same things that were said in here. That Freo and AFL claimed it was workcover and now it had shown not to be = bad. No citation of either the AFL or Freo claiming it was workcover.

Look if Ross is genuinely a bad man he has to go. By the same token if this has be blown way out of proportion for the sake of a story then he becomes a victim. Either makes me feel sick to be honest.
Just replying to your question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't understand in this day and age where there is a saturation of media, why they would have tried to cover up what really happened.
This was really dumb on the part of both the AFL and Fremantle.

answer: because its bad. might as well give it a crack. if it doesn't pay off you get the same outcome or maybe a diminished outcome.

Yeah much more likely the AFL journos have falsely claimed the AFL said something.
Connected dots that aren't there.

It's BS if true because they are now using their own industry's incompetence as fuel for their own fire. Literally getting stuck into someone because some journalist made something up and then some other journalist showed it was a lie.

Just replying to your question.
So in other words, you know of nowhere where either Freo or the AFL made the statement this was a workcover case?

I've always found Whateley to be very fair in his comments generally - am very surprised to read your comments - why do you say "conflict of interest". Just curious.

Connected dots that aren't there.

It's BS if true because they are now using their own industry's incompetence as fuel for their own fire. Literally getting stuck into someone because some journalist made something up and then some other journalist showed it was a lie.

So in other words, you know of nowhere where either Freo or the AFL made the statement this was a workcover case?
Yes, AFL told SEN this info

I've always found Whateley to be very fair in his comments generally - am very surprised to read your comments - why do you say "conflict of interest". Just curious.
He got stuck into Ross big time when he crossed from Saints.

Ross was not happy with his statements and to this day will have nothing to do with him. Literally had to get Gerard to leave the studio and be replaced with Kingy for Ross to go on 360.

Was this aimed at me?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...yment-in-freo-settlement-20180505-p4zdk5.html

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/a2bba30b29561cc43b14b94af42f76e1

According to McLachlan, this relates to the process associated with those dealing with the complaint, from the complainant to the perpetrator and the bodies that investigated the matter, namely WorkCover and the AFL Integrity Unit.

Yes, AFL told SEN this info
You mean this?

On Sunday in The Age published a piece which began: "The AFL insists it was not party to the financial settlement reached with the woman at the centre of the Ross Lyon harassment claim, with the money instead being paid as a result of a Workcover claim."

The quote is because they are quoting another paper. It is literally the same stuff as everywhere else. This is not the AFL's words.

He got stuck into Ross big time when he crossed from Saints.

Ross was not happy with his statements and to this day will have nothing to do with him. Literally had to get Gerard to leave the studio and be replaced with Kingy for Ross to go on 360.
So it was Ross who had an issue with Gerard and not the other way around.
Gerard’s reporting seems fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back