Bon Jovi 2018 AFL Grand Final entertainment ? Black Eyed Peas confirmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the AFL are money whores in the extreme Ive always been perplexed by the fact they spend vast sums on entertainment that, at best, is hit and miss.

Its not like the superbowl where the half time show is an event in itself.

Who the AFL get in doesnt impact on tv viewership or ticket sales.

So why they couldnt get an upcoming Australian band to give out exposure which would command way less of a fee (if any) boggles.

They could even partner with 7 to make the auditions and tryouts another shithouse reality show where the grand prize is the headline act at the grand final. The AFL could even start a record label and sign these guys up.

They would get money in, rather than out.

It would still be hit and miss but expectations would be rock bottom at least.

The difference between The Killers and Fall Out Boy is that The Killers are actually good.

The problem with Fall Out Boy is that they (or their record label) have had a career-long habit of picking their worst and dumbest songs as singles. Everything they've done since the comeback has been self-congratulatory rubbish too.

The difference between The Killers and Fall Out Boy is that The Killers are actually good.
Agree 100%. But I was trying to look from a realistic perspective. FOB would actually make sense in ticking the required boxes. Although having never even seen a live clip of theirs, they could suck and be a disaster.

What is going on with Kevin love

I'd say he has had a worse playoff series than Carmelo and that is saying something

Looks absolutely cooked
Do you reckon Love missing game seven was a blessing in disguise for the Cavs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be someone like Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Twenty One Pilots, Paramore... even the killers again.

Someone who’s at least semi relevant.

Considering the AFL are money whores in the extreme Ive always been perplexed by the fact they spend vast sums on entertainment that, at best, is hit and miss.

Its not like the superbowl where the half time show is an event in itself.

Who the AFL get in doesnt impact on tv viewership or ticket sales.

So why they couldnt get an upcoming Australian band to give out exposure which would command way less of a fee (if any) boggles.

They could even partner with 7 to make the auditions and tryouts another shithouse reality show where the grand prize is the headline act at the grand final. The AFL could even start a record label and sign these guys up.

They would get money in, rather than out.

It would still be hit and miss but expectations would be rock bottom at least.

It is because they are generally a bunch of morons who have happened on a sport that is so good it sells itself regardless of how they stuff things up. The gig for GF entertainment would go to old mate in the cubicle down there cos he once met Diana Ross.

Not to be parochial (no, actually, to be parochial), they should have Australian acts.

Particularly acts that aren't yet famous.

The AFL would love that, as they get to skimp on the expenditure, and given the money-grubbing whores they are, they'd shamelessly ask to have the AFL Grand Final entertainment subsidized by the Australian taxpayer, all while having JJJ banners and promotions littered throughout the MCG.

Just what the game needs - some old blokes playing any one of about 15-20 different ‘stick it to The Man’ anthems

Could be worse. Could be Nickelback.

Actually i resend my previous remark.
We need Coldplay. They are relevant

God no. I know Im in a minority but damn they are beige and bland.

That said pretty much gonna be a blandathon whoever the AFL deem appropriate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back