Past Heath Grundy - Farewell Reg, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Reg has been fabulous once he got fit after limiting pre season.
Also, there is no one. And I do mean no one who does the ‘I’ll just accidentally fumble this ball over the sideline’ thing.

Think the umpires believe the lack of hype around him and think he's no good.

I also like that a few in the backline seem very capable of that exact move as well- McVeigh has the dummy, Grundys deliberately controlled fumble is elite. Once he retires he should be a coach to ensure the next generation master this skill

How come no one ever talks about his mark where he jumped over Darren Jolly? Absolutely unprecedented. The guy’s centre of gravity is like half a foot off the ground. It was like watching a dachshund clear a pool fence.
Thanks I had forgotten that mark!!
Grundy_Rd909_246b.jpg

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2009-05-25/grundys-grab-garners-attention

I didn't realise this thread goes all the way back to 2008. Some very interesting posts on the first few pages!
This was one of the few Grundy-centric threads I could find when looking for threads to become player watch threads.

Wasn't a regular poster back then but I had similar opinions on Grundy, has proven me wrong completely and became one of my favourite players the last 4-5 years.

Dug into my old photos and found this beauty showcasing Grundy's goalkicking ability. Check out that halftime score!

I still remember this board's reactions:

"Disappointing we took our foot off the pedal and didn't go for the 200 point win"
"Lack of ruthlessness in this team shows none of them will amount to anything"
"Longmire (who was reserves coach at the time) can't coach"

pcznEkZ.png

Last edited:
Congratulations Reg on 250 games this weekend.
An absolute rock down back and I even saw a running bounce last week.
Turning back the clock.
Hopefully by the fourth quarter we're up by enough that can swing him forward to snag a goal and really turn back the clock!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was clearly a below-par performance - only 5 goals and the team won by less than 100.

gEnEABt.png

inaccurate goal kicking in both games
54-39 not good enough

id expect 59-34

"Sydney defender Heath Grundy wants to play again next season, leaving the Swans with a potential list management dilemma over its key defensive stocks at the end of the year.
The 2012 premiership hero will discuss his future with Swans football boss Tom Harley in the second half of the year but said he is "definitely" keen to lace up for a 14th season."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/gr...or-2019-but-no-talks-yet-20180614-p4zlg7.html

Please sign him for another season.

Such a beast. It’s great to have a flashy defender that gets a lot of it and intercepts and rebounds. But how blessed we’ve been to have Reg, a defender so dominant he not only takes his opponent out of the game, but also himself out of the game. You barely sight Grundy in a game unless he’s peeling off and taking marks, by that point he can do that because he has worked his opponent so thoroughly over that his opponent is just dead and making Grundy look like McGovern.

A gun and arguably the most robbed multiple All Australian of all time. Get a win for him boys!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back