Most Improved Players of 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

Put both on the market, see who gets the highest offers, and it won't be your bloke mate.

De Goey is a special type, very rare beast, players like him win you premierships, i liken him to a Dayne Beams on roids.

Did you see the offers bandied about in the media for Josh Kelly last year? Your posts reek of someone stuck in their own clubs bubble.

Have you seen the offers bandied around in the media for De Goey this year?
The only fair way to do it is for us to take both so we can sit them side by side in a neutral environment and carefully study which one does best over a long period

Really?

Put both on the market, see who gets the highest offers, and it won't be your bloke mate.

De Goey is a special type, very rare beast, players like him win you premierships, i liken him to a Dayne Beams on roids.
Let me simplify it for you.

Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> De Goey.

With ridiculous ease.

De Goey is getting talk of offers of about 800-900k a year.

Kelly`s own agent said it was a 10 mil offer Kelly knocked back (and reportedly over 8 or 9 years).
Kelly signed for a `cheap` deal worth 800k per season over 2 years.

I mean it doesn't mean Kelly is a better player than De Goey (although he is) but I think if we`re talking offers on the open market Kelly blows it out of the water.

Really?

De Goey is great but Kelly is overwhelmingly elite. He doesn’t get as much recognition as some players because of who he plays for. If Kelly truly made himself available and open he could get a Franklin salary. It’s not even close here and you are fighting a losing battle here against 95 percent of Bigfooty.

De Goey is great but Kelly is overwhelmingly elite. He doesn’t get as much recognition as some players because of who he plays for. If Kelly truly made himself available and open he could get a Franklin salary. It’s not even close here and you are fighting a losing battle here against 95 percent of Bigfooty.
I'm not saying De Goey is currently better, i'm saying he's worth as much or more because of his promise and the type of player he is, he has Dusty like potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You the man, North have just offered him 1 millionpa, flog!

North offered Kelly $10m over 9 years last year. Just stop Frank, you're making a fool out of yourself. JDG is going to be a gun, but Josh Kelly is already an elite AFL player and I'm guessing most clubs would prefer him.

North offered Kelly $10m over 9 years last year. Just stop Frank, you're making a fool out of yourself. JDG is going to be a gun, but Josh Kelly is already an elite AFL player and I'm guessing most clubs would prefer him.
So now you're guessing?

This is just the courting period for North, when JDG refuses their offer they'll increase it.

De Goey is getting talk of offers of about 800-900k a year.

Kelly`s own agent said it was a 10 mil offer Kelly knocked back (and reportedly over 8 or 9 years).
Kelly signed for a `cheap` deal worth 800k per season over 2 years.

I mean it doesn't mean Kelly is a better player than De Goey (although he is) but I think if we`re talking offers on the open market Kelly blows it out of the water.
We wanted sign Kelly on $800k and apparently nearly did in February last year. We wish we could have, but I've no doubt we did some creative bean counter work to find more to keep him. Dont know how much but stories of us extending Heater's contract 2 years and then backending it to free up cash this year ring true. His contract was quietly extended with none of the usual publicity or even an announcement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back