No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say both finals this weekend were well umpired.

Umps couldn’t influence the games..
Pies & Eagles were on Fire.! Too good on the
day.

As long as that Fraud Matt Stevic stays away from Swans games I’ll be happy..

You have perfectly highlighted why I am active elsewhere on BF but reluctant to post on the Swans board.

That's a shame,

I hope you change your mind!

I have zero sympathy for gaff, my sympathy goes to the bloke with missing teeth and a brojen jaw.

I mean without getting too much into it I think it's been well established it was just a really unfortunate error in judgment that ended significantly worse than the action was intended. I believe you can have sympathy for both parties.

But it's done now and he won't be the only Eagle who will miss out on a flag if they win (which they won't)

That first half by Melbourne was as bad as any team has played in recent memory.

The Eagles’ players were walking around the Melbourne boys like they were statues. Some of their tackling efforts were nothing short of insipid.

Given the amount of arrogance in that Demons’ team, it’s hardly surprising that they clearly drank their own bath water.

Dropping 7 games at home is unforgivable when trying to win a p'ship so we were our own worse enemies but even if we won tge gold coast game & another 2, we finish top two. But tgen we were out on our feet.

Nice post! * Makes two strong points.

The diabolical home record was indeed unforgivable. Worse was the inability of the coach to acknowledge a clear problem or to successfully respond to it.

The other point was the tough draw. We ended up with the toughest draw. It still mystified me why the AFL gave us such a tough draw compared to the Tigers as one example. The draw could have been tougher on paper at least had we played Adelaide twice. I hope that we get a 2019 draw befitting a team with a mediocre record. This might prove mixed blessing as others in ithe B graders inc #lolcameNinf, the Dopers, Cats and both Addledville clubs. Each will be highly competitive next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice post! * Makes two strong points.

The diabolical home record was indeed unforgivable. Worse was the inability of the coach to acknowledge a clear problem or to successfully respond to it.

The other point was the tough draw. We ended up with the toughest draw. It still mystified me why the AFL gave us such a tough draw compared to the Tigers as one example. The draw could have been tougher on paper at least had we played Adelaide twice. I hope that we get a 2019 draw befitting a team with a mediocre record. This might prove mixed blessing as others in ithe B graders inc #lolcameNinf, the Dopers, Cats and both Addledville clubs. Each will be highly competitive next year.

I'm not blaming the coach though. This was an on field personnel issue IMO due to inexperience & constant changing of the team through injury. As I've mentioned before this doesn't allow a team to gel, especially down back.

I'm not blaming the coach though. This was an on field personnel issue IMO due to inexperience & constant changing of the team through injury. As I've mentioned before this doesn't allow a team to gel, especially down back.

Other teams were wiped by injury as well, Tigers aside during the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good the VFL admin deserves it. I hope they get s**t ratings.
All-time attendance record broken over the course of the season
First time ever that total memberships across the league were over 1 million

Hardly a failing administration

Who do you think has been a better ceo vlad or gil?

That first half by Melbourne was as bad as any team has played in recent memory.

The Eagles’ players were walking around the Melbourne boys like they were statues. Some of their tackling efforts were nothing short of insipid.

Given the amount of arrogance in that Demons’ team, it’s hardly surprising that they clearly drank their own bath water.

Was still better than our first 3/4 against GWS!

Serious question. Under Gill has the AFL seen exponential growth? That is, outside of its projected natural growth? I don't even know if such a thing even is available to the public. Still, certainly I'd say that Gill hasn't done any sort of action for the AFL that has resulted in a net positive whilst in charge and has prioritised Victorian football over the national competition. So that's where my qualm comes from in regards to the current AFL administration.

Serious question. Under Gill has the AFL seen exponential growth? That is, outside of its projected natural growth? I don't even know if such a thing even is available to the public. Still, certainly I'd say that Gill hasn't done any sort of action for the AFL that has resulted in a net positive whilst in charge and has prioritised Victorian football over the national competition. So that's where my qualm comes from in regards to the current AFL administration.
I think he’s been very ordinary and the recruitment of Hocking isn’t really a game saver either. Too many crackpot ideas...reduce this, restrict that, make this bigger, blah blah blah. It used to be such a simple game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back