What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that I take that Naughton’s going to be a forward whether we like it or not - that is, until Morris went down, now we’re not sure - and that Toby is slightly disappointed not to be playing as a mid this year.

Knowing Bevo you can lock in Naughton still being a forward.

Naughton did well as a forward against North last year, kicked a couple when needed. He's a clean mark, that's half the battle as a tall forward and it's not as if we have an abundance of tall forwards who can mark. Defenders save games, forwards win them.

I'm not convinced Naughton will kick 3 a week if that's what people are thinking. Sure he got under the guard of GCS but if he kicks say 5-6 goals from contested marks across the first two rounds you can bet he'll be regularly double-teamed and blocked when the high kicks come in after that. Once it hits the deck we're a low efficiency side i50 and I doubt we'd be good enough to exploit the extra player from having Naughton double-teamed..

Short of having two gilt-edged KPFs I'd be playing Scahche and one variable "other" every week. The "other" being a bit of a moving feast so the opposition will never be quite sure how to match up on us. Maybe Lewy Young for a couple of weeks, then Trengove, Bont or English or even Roberts for a week, then once in a blue moon, throw Naughton forward. Later in the year it could be Boyd when fit.

And you never know we might actually find a winning forward formula if we try enough variations.

Not sure where to put this comment, but here goes.

Just watching a repeat of Australian Story from last week, on the fight for justice by those affected by Thalidomide. I was so impressed with your President/Chairman's submission to the relevant parliamentary committee. I guess he did so in his capacity as a lawyer, or perhaps as a member of the VicHealth Board. Either way, he's gone right up in my estimation.

Not sure where to put this comment, but here goes.

Just watching a repeat of Australian Story from last week, on the fight for justice by those affected by Thalidomide. I was so impressed with your President/Chairman's submission to the relevant parliamentary committee. I guess he did so in his capacity as a lawyer, or perhaps as a member of the VicHealth Board. Either way, he's gone right up in my estimation.
He’s worked for many years on those cases, from 2009. Worth Googling. Someone needed to stand up for those unfortunate people faced with government indifference.

He’s worked for many years on those cases, from 2009. Worth Googling. Someone needed to stand up for those unfortunate people faced with government indifference.
Yep. I only saw a small portion of the program, but I gather quite a few women were taking this morning-sickness drug well after the government/relevant authorities knew there was a problem.

Yep. I only saw a small portion of the program, but I gather quite a few women were taking this morning-sickness drug well after the government/relevant authorities knew there was a problem.

Yep , that's what happened.
As a 10 yr old , I spent 3 months in Fairfield Hospital in the same ward as the " thalidomide kids "
It was extraordinary how they learnt to cope with their disability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Reiwoldt continues St Kilda's dislike for the Bulldogs. Tipped us to finish 17th
To be fair we've done nothing to excite the footy world so far in 2019. We've managed to lose to the two teams I thought would be fighting out the wooden spoon. I know it was just the JLT but it's hardly awe-inspiring. So I can understand why somebody might look at that form and say meh ... 17th. Even if he is a flog.

FWIW the bookies have us finishing 14th (that is to say we're 14th favourite for the flag).

To be fair we've done nothing to excite the footy world so far in 2019. We've managed to lose to the two teams I thought would be fighting out the wooden spoon. I know it was just the JLT but it's hardly awe-inspiring. So I can understand why somebody might look at that form and say meh ... 17th. Even if he is a flog.

FWIW the bookies have us finishing 14th (that is to say we're 14th favourite for the flag).
How did the two grand finalists go in the Feb/March cup last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back