Votes: 137 56.8%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 93 38.6%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In a few words … because OTHER teams have strengthened their midfields.
I never cease to be amazed how every time a team gets close to us, it's us taking our foot off the pedal or some excuse, like we are entitles to or are a given to win by 40 points every week. And we never dare mention the losses or analyse them- all aberrations - all of them. I don't give a **** who we were carrying with injury, once you cross the line you are fit to play, you don't get to whinge afterwards. If so many players were fit well the club ****** up and you should be disappointed in the match committee.
Do I think Collingwood are 40 points better than us - no - but there is a case to be made they are better than us. They played in a grand final (were 60 seconds away from winning it) and they beat us when it counted and have improved their team.
The signs were there late last year, but you don't want to acknowledge it and can't conceive any team is in our league.
There were some poor signs again last night. Face it, Carlton were mocked all week on here and wouldn't get within 15 goals of us posters said. Well????

to be fair if we didnt miss 5 sitters and * around with the ball inside 50 we would have won by 60+ last night

The prelim was just a bad night, it happens to the best of teams

That's pretty interesting, so unless Carlton get a very quick and direct clearance then Richmond will have a spare defensive side when Short runs back. However Carlton will have a spare of the left wing, which I didn't see them utilise correctly during the game. The midfielders this season need to be much smarter with the placement of their centre clearances because the results can be hugely beneficial.

There was the winger sprinting back to take the lose, so lambert could run off the back of the square. But there was also a HFF sprinting to the wing to take that spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no where near as many as we did

also they kicked 3 absolute arse goals
About as garbage as their hand twirls when they had kicked those garbage goals

In a few words … because OTHER teams have strengthened their midfields.
I never cease to be amazed how every time a team gets close to us, it's us taking our foot off the pedal or some excuse, like we are entitles to or are a given to win by 40 points every week. And we never dare mention the losses or analyse them- all aberrations - all of them. I don't give a **** who we were carrying with injury, once you cross the line you are fit to play, you don't get to whinge afterwards. If so many players were fit well the club ****** up and you should be disappointed in the match committee.
Do I think Collingwood are 40 points better than us - no - but there is a case to be made they are better than us. They played in a grand final (were 60 seconds away from winning it) and they beat us when it counted and have improved their team.
The signs were there late last year, but you don't want to acknowledge it and can't conceive any team is in our league.
There were some poor signs again last night. Face it, Carlton were mocked all week on here and wouldn't get within 15 goals of us posters said. Well????
As I said, Collingwood were white hot and I give them credit for touching us up. I’m just providing an explanation as to why I think we lost in the way that we did. Perhaps they have gone past us. I don’t know. I’m just saying I don’t think the result was a true indicator of where the two sides are at and therefore should not be over analysed. The same goes with the St Kilda game in 2017. Another example of an “off” night where the scoreline doesn’t accurately reflect the quality of both sides.

Two of those games that were brought up were dead rubbers and we could’ve afforded to lose both of them and it wouldn’t have made a difference to where we finished on the ladder. The logical thing to do in those situations is to try and play bruise free football, retain energy and give players a rest who needed freshening up (which we did). I’m sorry for not taking you seriously for using form in dead rubbers as a guide. I can also acknowledge that I think we have issues at the moment. Rance going down, Lynch and Jack finding chemistry, poor skills and our pressure seemed to be lacking last night. The original argument was that it’s our midfield depth that is the issue. I don’t think it is. Our midfield, in my opinion, is the third best in the league and is well and truly capable of delivering us another flag. That’s probably why up until arguably our best player did a knee, we have been flag favourites. It’s the first game of the season anyway. This time last year Sydney had just beaten West Coast in Perth and Hawthorn had just belted Collingwood. I’m not reading into it too much. If our form doesn’t pick up over the next few weeks then I will be concerned.

As for your last bullshit comment, I predicted we would win by 21 points in the preview thread (page 7, post #163) so I’m not sure where you’re going with that one.

For next week I would bring in Markov to play in Broads role and play Broad as the extra tall. Garthwaite is surely not ready fitness wise and we need Balta to ruck. That is the first back 6 i would try, with Garthwaite and Balta still being options going forward.

wtf was the daisy celebration?

what a twat

Celebrating the lotto-like fortune of still being on an AFL list. I tip my hat to him. That’s some USDA prime, A+ bullshit he’s been able to pull there.

Underlines the importance of Broad and KMc for next week.
Coll'wood has the swoop squad of De Goey,
Stephenson, Hoskin-Elliott and Thomas, scoring 40 goals.
End of the day, midfield supply is the key.
Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom.
Pendlebury returns from surgery.
Adams averaging 5 more CPs than the others.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For next week I would bring in Markov to play in Broads role and play Broad as the extra tall. Garthwaite is surely not ready fitness wise and we need Balta to ruck. That is the first back 6 i would try, with Garthwaite and Balta still being options going forward.
there is a write up of the VFL game on the clubs website. Garth isn't mentioned.

Underlines the importance of Broad and KMc for next week.
Coll'wood has the swoop squad of De Goey,
Stephenson, Hoskin-Elliott and Thomas, scoring 40 goals.
End of the day, midfield supply is the key.
Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom.
Pendlebury returns from surgery.
Adams averaging 5 more CPs than the others.
Another Colonwood copy.......'swoop squad' (geez I hate that) v's mosquito fleet

Add Elliot and remove Adams

Always nicknames.
Mosquito fleet for Carlton of 1980s, Baby Bombers, etc.
Saw one Coll'wood match and Adams was key across half-back.
Adams on 13 CPs compared to SS on 9.

To those potting Butler - remember it was his first game since around early July last year. (Yes I know he had a few real what-the moments)
I will cut him some slack because IMO he was a cog we really missed in Sept last year as an outside the box unpredictable type that tackles and pressures.
Lets see how he goes again before we shunt him out.

Honestly it's much better for us to be in the pack fighting tooth and nail for a top 4 spot than be well ahead of it. We won the flag in 2017 because we had to fight for it. We lost it in 2018 because we were so far ahead that we had to "defend" it, as if it was already ours. If Rance is the difference between finishing 1st and 3rd (and he could very well be the difference between 1st and 5th for all we know), we might actually be a better shot at it.

Comfortably the worst I’ve felt after a win. Worse than many losses we’ve had.
Biggest test for the club since 2016
And the only reason it isn’t bigger is that we’ve got a flag at least.
Agree.Even Rance while he'd rather be out there.At least he has a premiership medal under his belt.

Shattered about Rance but if we want to be a top 4 team we need to have the depth to back it up.

Time for the young boys to step up. What better way than being thrown in the deep end. It will only help us grow as a team.

#gotiges

Back