AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Came to check up on the injury update - SC related. But saw this post and had to say:

I've had the misfortune of playing cricket against Stevens a few seasons ago, and can confirm that he was honestly a massive knobber. And because of how he carried on he was the most hated player in our league.

He would bat himself at 8 (he was captain) and bowl only when the game was won, and despite doing nothing he would spend all game spewing out foul abuse from the slips. He was a rubbish player but acted like he was one of the best. He batted like a true coward, stepping away almost every ball to try and cut it.

We used to play against an all deaf team, who were a great bunch of blokes. One of our players had a day out against them one day, and the next week against Stevens he was greeted with 'you only make runs against the ******s.' That's just one example of the kind of character he was.

Thankfully in the final year we played them his team cheated, got docked points, and subsequently missed out on finals because of it.

Anyway, in all of my years of playing cricket I can honestly say that I've never played against a bigger piece of rancid, lactose intolerance-induced shyte.
You play in the same league as I do then. Which club?

Do you play against him now?
Nah I did last year. They took a stacked side down to LOC4 (had several 1st XI standard players) to win the flag.

Interesting Jake and Sam Reid had a very heated little exchange at one point. They would've played together at the bulldogs, would be interested in knowing the backstory there.

Interesting Jake and Sam Reid had a very heated little exchange at one point. They would've played together at the bulldogs, would be interested in knowing the backstory there.

Reid had already been at the Giants for a year before Jake was even drafted.

I'm not surprised. We played him in LOC1. Hope you take his head off next season.
Unfortunately they'll be two spots higher than us (LOC4 to LOC2). And I don't think you'd like me anymore if I told you which club I play for :p.

Anyway, back on Stringer, will hopefully be right for this week according to the report.

Came to check up on the injury update - SC related. But saw this post and had to say:

I've had the misfortune of playing cricket against Stevens a few seasons ago, and can confirm that he was honestly a massive knobber. And because of how he carried on he was the most hated player in our league.

He would bat himself at 8 (he was captain) and bowl only when the game was won, and despite doing nothing he would spend all game spewing out foul abuse from the slips. He was a rubbish player but acted like he was one of the best. He batted like a true coward, stepping away almost every ball to try and cut it.

We used to play against an all deaf team, who were a great bunch of blokes. One of our players had a day out against them one day, and the next week against Stevens he was greeted with 'you only make runs against the ******s (derogatory term used instead of mentally disabled).' That's just one example of the kind of character he was.

Thankfully in the final year we played them his team cheated, got docked points, and subsequently missed out on finals because of it.

Anyway, in all of my years of playing cricket I can honestly say that I've never played against a bigger piece of rancid, lactose intolerance-induced shyte.

Having played against him too I can confirm he is a massive whinging piece of s**t. Best part of the day was when he was given out (he didn't hit it) and he chucked his helmet further than he'd hit the ball all innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I can tell, he was only at three centre bounces on the weekend. Would love to see him attend more because it's pretty clear that while his disposal at them wasn't great, he has the combo of aggression, power and pace off the mark that we lack.

In the third example his physicality helps hold the ball up, which later leads to Heppell helping force a turnover.

giphy.gif

[IMG='width:480px;']https://media.giphy.com/media/9P93jYS7l8EmVRz5sC/giphy.gif[/IMG]

giphy.gif

There was one time a certain controversial player played at my cricket club (his club was aware of it) against him. Bloke made 60-odd not out and won the game, and he decided to ring up the club and say that a certain figure, who he had been banned from seeing if he wanted to continue playing, had gone out with him the night before to get him into trouble. All over a park cricket game.

What??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was really good today, apart from the kicking from set shots. Seemed to putting in immense effort, fracking glad he's not injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back