No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some international visitors coming over in a few weeks. And yes I have converted them to the tigers already. But I can't explain the rules because there are none. Well done AFL. **** off. Or maybe I will just lock them up with Whateley for a hour before they tap out.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!!!!!! Clap ! Clap ! Clap ! :clapping:

People pay their hard earned money for entry and over priced food and drinks.

People can boo or cheer for what ever the hell they want to. Is it illegal to boo?

**** off Robbo you flog. **** off AFL you control freaks. Don't tell people what is good and bad.
Absolutely, what a joke to be told you can’t boo, booing a player generally means that player is a gun, no one is booing players that are duds

I remember an interview with an ex champion. Might have been Dyer or Whitten.
He said if the crowd were booing him, he must be doing something right!
I don't generally boo, though do like to toss insults. Might boo the umps next week though, just to wind up these soft utensils in the media.

I have a theory as to why the game is dire - with low scores and terrible umpiring... (start rant)

I think it's a combination of things but the low scoring I put down partly to the lack of runners. Coaches can't change tactics quickly and teams lack the confidence when things aren't working. The team are then unsure what to do so place it safe, try and hold possession and low scores ensue. It could change but the rules committee have pulled the wrong reign.

I believe the terrible umpiring has come about because of shocking directives from AFL house. Hocking and co must have told them to give the ball player every opportunity to get rid of it, if they try then call play on. This has resulted in diabolical calls - most of them being non calls. The umps are occasionally calling HTB as it was last year (the correct way) and we're having a massive difference between the interpretations. This is having the opposite effect of what they intended. They need to pay it and reward the tackler.

This is what Hocking said about trialling 6-6-6 pre season:

Hocking said scoring was up 15 per cent across the three trial matches and tackling went down by 14 per cent.

"As far as midfielders go [with 6-6-6], there was more time — seconds longer — for decision making," Mr Hocking said.

This is what he said about tackling ....

The committee also wants to crack down on incorrect disposal under the holding the ball rule.

"The player who's actually contesting the ball, that person has to be protected, definitely," Hocking said.

"Incorrect disposal is the issue we have … that's crept into the game.

"We're not going to sit idle and let players throw the ball "

Cracking down on throws? Really? I've seen more throws this year than any other. There were at least 10 yesterday.

The tiggy-touchwood calls in marking contests are clearly another AFL house directive. They're pulling these out of their bums and it's totally unnecessary. I suspect they're trying to have more goals kicked so it's an obvious place to pay free kicks - near the square.

This is what he said about the ruck nomination....

Hocking said the controversial ruck nomination process was likely to stay "unless you have something you can throw at me that blows us away".

Does this blow you away Steve?... No nominations but if 2 players from the same team contest then it's a free against. Blown away Steve? Yep it's that easy ass clown.

So these so called 'smart men' trying to improve the game are actually ruining it. It's complete and utter stupidity.
The impact of these changes has backfired big-time.
The finger needs to be pointed at Steve Hocking - his rules committee and Gill.
(end rant)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be fair and i hate essendrugs, that was some of the worst umpiring ive seen and if that was us id be booing my head off.
people trying to say they were booing 'anzac day' can piss off, marshmallows trying to make a big deal out of something as usual.
if you pay to watch a sport you can do whatever you want.
Then youve got figjam condemning booing, as though his feral lot have never booed a good player.
cringeworthy.

Gill stop worrying about what the crowd is doing and start concentrating on fixing our great game that you and your mate have managed to f#$% up

Can't wait for Gill and Hocking to come out and say that the Boos for umps is disgraceful as it's a hard game to officiate.... when the reality is that they have caused the problem.

The game is a mess, and instead of turfing these new rules and saying " we ****ed up, they are not working " they will keep them and then introduce more rules to counter the new old rules further ******* it up.

This is all they had to do instead of bringing in new rules

As tigernsw said, get rid of the ruck nomination and just penalise the 3rd man up, let the teams work out who rucks. I watched the replay of wednesday and at one stage the umpire was waiting for Nank and Gawn to arrive from up the field for a stoppage ball up.

Slide rule aka below the knees....horribly exploited by the smart players who just into a player getting the hardball on the ground. Penalise the player who actually slides in feet/knees first.

Use common damn sense when judging free kicks, FFS afl just let the umpires umpire to how they see the game not to what you want the game to ******* look like.

Now for the new over reactive rules.

Get rid of 6-6-6, who gives a s**t if teams want to park players down back at centre bounces to stem the flow or run players off the back of the square to create overlap. Dangerfield and Geelong rule pure and simple who had too much say on this rule IMO.

Let runners back out on the ground, if they get in the way then penalise that runners team, it's not that hard and they will soon get out and back off trust me.

Make the players kicking out after a behind kick to themselves first and from the square, it's not working for it's intended purpose of coast to coast and up the guts, oppo backlines just don't need to push up as far anymore hence most teams slow play from defence.

Anyone want a Melbourne membership?

[IMG='width:30px;']https://2.gravatar.com/avatar/e1e167794fee3bd2da03d4871939c6fa?s=30&d=identicon&r=G[/IMG]
Alistair Paton
– Chris Cavanagh

A frustrated Melbourne fan has offered to give away his 2019 club membership to anyone who will take it in the wake of the club's disastrous start to the season.

Andrew Kelly posted an online advertisement on buying and selling platform Facebook marketplace yesterday offering his 2019 Gold level membership with a price tag of "Free".

The item description is short and sharp, reading "Just f…..g take it. Please".

screenshot_20190426-074729_facebook.jpg

The advertisement was posted in the wake of Melbourne's 43-point Anzac Eve loss to Richmond which leaves the club with a 1-5 record to start the season, finals all but ruled out of the equation.

The advertisement came after a Melbourne flag was spotted in a rubbish bin outside the MCG post-game on Wednesday night.

The Demons had entered the 2019 season with much promise, rated one of the premiership contenders after surging to a preliminary final last year.

The club is now at premiership odds of $67 with bookmaker TAB.

fb_img_1556228927429-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back