Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an otherwise educated mate who always says "nothink" and "somethink". Grinds my gears.
There's a couple of people who sit behind me at the footy and it's nails on a chalkboard. "I fink that's tewwible". Shudder.

What about people who say ‘I seen that’?

I always thought it was ‘I saw that’ but I see and hear this so often I’m really starting to question myself.
I seen is another example of poor grammar. Seen should be used with have, has, had etc. (I have seen that film) whereas saw comes after a noun/pronoun (I saw him write could of instead of could've).

I seen is another example of poor grammar. Seen should be used with have, has, had etc. (I have seen that film) whereas saw comes after a noun/pronoun (I saw him write could of instead of could've).

That’s what I thought but I honestly see ‘I seen’ more than ‘I saw’, so I started to question myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think your old teachers are following ex-students on social media for thier grammar ;)
I catch up for an occasional drink with one of my old teachers and he reckons that after over thirty years teaching he can't go anywhere in the world without running into one of his former pupils.

Brisbanites who are rugged up to the hilt.

Are you ******* serious?

Minimum 8 Maximum 20 is still shorts and t shirt weather!

**** I love tropical weather and don't miss temperate climates one iota (sorry Mum)
Wait until summer when all the recent arrivals are fainting from the heat and whining that they want to go back to Victoria.

Brisbanites who are rugged up to the hilt.

Are you ******* serious?

Minimum 8 Maximum 20 is still shorts and t shirt weather!

**** I love tropical weather and don't miss temperate climates one iota (sorry Mum)

same as in SE asia. But you gotta understand its all relative (although temperature is not relative).

I always thought it was ‘I saw that’ but I see and hear this so often I’m really starting to question myself.

I seen her. That is to say I saw her.

hqdefault.jpg

Good chance you'll hear that within the 4 walls of an afl club

Wait until summer when all the recent arrivals are fainting from the heat and whining that they want to go back to Victoria.

jeff kennett likes this

I am actually annoyed at the suggestion that 8 degrees = shorts and shirts weather. Definitely the same type of person that scratches their head at why people carry umbrellas rather than just letting themselves get rained on.

The “look at how tough I am” types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back