What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you implying you would be happy with the other Scott brother? ;)

God no!! He’ll be goneski soon too I reckon. Has had a very good list for a very long time but has only just kept the head above water.
A decent coach would’ve taken the cats to at least a flag over the last 5-6 yrs

Anyone see the Sh1t-stains’ ‘captain’s’ comments from yesterday’s photo op. Coniglio is either stupid, demented or severely lacking in mental capacity - I would suggest all 3. I seriously hope the Grub gets smashed this year, either onfield or off.

We get access to the Age online through work, will try to copy and paste when I can, but article on p40 of today’s online and printed version. Basically “Greene is misunderstood in the wider community, was very upset at being booed during GF parade, and what he did to Bont was purely retaliation for what Bont did to Haynes and another player in previous encounters”. So clawing at someone’s eyes and face, in Coniglio’s view, is justifiable retribution and all Bont’s fault. Coniglio in Italian means rabbit - an absolutely apt name for a spineless ‘captain’.

He talked about Toby Greene.

Coniglio said he hopes Greene doesn't get booed by Victorian crowds this year like he did last year. He also said Greene copped a lot of abusive comments during the Grand Final Parade which was unfair and meant he didn't enjoy it.

He said Greene's attack on Bont was in retaliation for Haynes and likened him to Brereton and such players who were regularly at the Tribunal.

Sorry, paraphrasing a bit, can't get past the paywall.

All I will say is that while reading the article I produced a little bit of vomit in my mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the GWS Giants Captain defends a GWS Giants player, big news story there. Toby Greene was Booed in the
Bushfire Relief Game which I found a bit harsh as he was giving up his time like all the other guys. Bont got
nailed by Cripps in a tackle in that game and did he take it like a man, no he flung Cripps to the ground when
he did not even have the ball like a vengeful child, what did you think of that act in a social type game IR ?

View attachment 837419
View attachment 837420

Coniglio: "let's celebrate a thug for his contributions to the game - kicking players in the head, trying to scratch their eyes out..."

What an ornament to the game - "here kids, play like a p1ece of sh1t, and you too will be lauded by Stephen Rabbit Coniglio".

So, predetermined targeting of another player. Then lies to the tribunal saying it was ‘accidental’ and spur of the moment. Coniglio has really dropped him in it now. Is Greene a compulsive liar, as well as a thug?

I trust our club has noted these comments and will use it as evidence at his next tribunal meeting. As there will be a next time....

Should be deregistered and would have been IF he wasn’t at the Giants.

So the GWS Giants Captain defends a GWS Giants player, big news story there. Toby Greene was Booed in the
Bushfire Relief Game which I found a bit harsh as he was giving up his time like all the other guys. Bont got
nailed by Cripps in a tackle in that game and did he take it like a man, no he flung Cripps to the ground when
he did not even have the ball like a vengeful child, what did you think of that act in a social type game IR ?
Greens a Grub of a human and it doesn’t seem his old man is much better!
What ever he gets he brought upon himself.

Don’t think it was bad with what Bont done it was tit for tat. They both had a smile and a laugh after that tackle.

Sorry, I found your reply hard to read without the usual 346 lines of meaningless stats...

Sorry, I found your reply hard to read without the usual 346 lines of meaningless stats...
Got nothing IR, if I was playing they would have needed to bring in the Army or some heavy machinery to
get me off Toby Greene, where were Marcus Bontempelli's concerned team mates ? Maybe just maybe the
lack of retribution is what annoyed you IR, because it made me furious.

Maybe Coniglio is not such an idiot. Starting to sound to me like they're purposely adding fuel to the fire to build the rivalry and dislike we have for one another. Think about it, how does some meaningless, poorly supported, disliked club remain relevant in the AFL and in that state they're in? Create the strongest rivalries they can with the other clubs. And they've chosen the doggies, a club with our list that should feature prominently in finals over the next few years. Plenty of big games against each other coming up and all the drama and beat up in the media.

View attachment 837419
View attachment 837420

Coniglio: "let's celebrate a thug for his contributions to the game - kicking players in the head, trying to scratch their eyes out..."

What an ornament to the game - "here kids, play like a p1ece of sh1t, and you too will be lauded by Stephen Rabbit Coniglio".
I don't mind Coniglio as a footballer but he's no deep-thinking orator. He should read back what he just said:

"I want people to look at him and celebrate what he does as a footballer ..."
&
"People need to celebrate him for what he can bring to the game and the personality that he is".

Well, Stephen that's what we're doing. I wouldn't exactly call it "celebration" but we're certainly responding to what he does as a footballer, what he brings to the game and the personality that he is.

Maybe Coniglio is not such an idiot. Starting to sound to me like they're purposely adding fuel to the fire to build the rivalry and dislike we have for one another. Think about it, how does some meaningless, poorly supported, disliked club remain relevant in the AFL and in that state they're in? Create the strongest rivalries they can with the other clubs. And they've chosen the doggies, a club with our list that should feature prominently in finals over the next few years. Plenty of big games against each other coming up and all the drama and beat up in the media.
Well, whether he meant it or not, our fans will certainly not let up on Grubby now, in fact he’s pretty much made the animosity worse by badmouthing Bont as well.

A captain defending a teammate. Stop the presses.. Good on him, if he didn't then he'd be a s**t captain. Just remember that what is often said in public is very different to what is said behind closed doors.

I would like to think both what Bont & Greene said in the lead up to the vic v all stars game was true & that will just be left in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back