Racing March Daily Punt - Coronavirus > Caulfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake Smile is at home on track better than Demmlers horse who made the Interdom final this year - name escapes me atm

Kualoa is a 4yo filly 1st up.

Stewarts arent bomb proof 1st up. 4yo filly against a 7yo. Get on Fake Smile here. Still a good place price as well to load up against an ordinary field

Fake Smile is at home on track better than Demmlers horse who made the Interdom final this year - name escapes me atm

Stewarts arent bomb proof 1st up. 4yo filly against a 7yo. Get on Fake Smile here. Still a good place price as well to load up against an ordinary field
Melton rc7

4th. Yep thats my day summed up right there

Funstar was absolutely dreadful today. Shocking performance

that being said, the tempo in that race was a DISGRACE
How these stupid jockeys can just sit back and let that happen is incomprehensible. As dumb as Rawiller in the last.

to be fair the track has been a ******* disgrace no matter the tempos that have been set.

Funstar was absolutely dreadful today. Shocking performance

that being said, the tempo in that race was a DISGRACE
How these stupid jockeys can just sit back and let that happen is incomprehensible. As dumb as Rawiller in the last.
I’ve watched far too many races in Sydney on wet ground where some horse (typically a roughie) is allowed to do as they please up front, only for the jockeys to get to the bend and realise “s**t are we going to catch it?”. Always makes a complete mess of the results. ******* shits me.

A couple of times I’ve gotten lucky and backed some Waterhouse/Bott plodder that holds on, but most of the time it kills whatever bet I had on.

Haven’t looked at exotics but tote pools look to have had 30-60% reduction on the week with closure of tabs.

TABs golden egg taken a real hit for their business strategy I’d say. Now that sport and that easy money off multis dry up will be interesting what way they go for the slim but currently boosted racing market as only betting commodity still going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may not have enough time for a strategy to develop if we are off by this weekend, but hopefully if increased turnover for corporates means some less percentage for takeout. A man can dream.

Haven’t looked at exotics but tote pools look to have had 30-60% reduction on the week with closure of tabs.

TABs golden egg taken a real hit for their business strategy I’d say. Now that sport and that easy money off multis dry up will be interesting what way they go for the slim but currently boosted racing market as only betting commodity still going.
Shane Anderson tweeted a few days ago Tabcorp were asking for a $500m bailout... they should be ashamed of themselves

Prize money slashed for Championships
By AAP
33 minutes ago

Prize money for Sydney's signature autumn races has been halved in response to racing's reduced income stream during the coronavirus crisis.
Racing is scheduled to go ahead subject to government regulationson April 4 and 11 with eight Group One races programmed for the two days of The Championships at Randwick

The Australian Turf Club and Racing NSW have agreed to reduce prize money because of the challenges presented by a drop in wagering which will be significantly reduced by the current lockdowns of pubs, clubs and TAB agencies.
Other sources of funding for prize money, on-course attendances and sponsorship, have also been severely impacted given the public is not allowed to attend race meetings.

Racing NSW has a Future Fund to enable the NSW Racing Industry to continue in the face of such challenges but says it is important to maintain those cash reserves for as long as possible given the uncertainty of the situation.

Prize money cuts:
Doncaster Mile: $3 million down to $1.5 million
TJ Smith: $2.5m to $1.25m
Australian Derby: $2m to $1m
Inglis Sires: $1m to $500,000
Country Championships Final: $500,000 to $400,000
Queen Elizabeth: $4m to $2m
Sydney Cup: $2m to $1m
Australian Oaks: $1m to $500,000
Coolmore Legacy: $1m to $500,000
Arrowfield Sprint: $1m to $500,000
Percy Sykes: $1m to $500,000
Provincial Championships: $500,000 to $400,000
Other Group and Listed races over the two days retain their advertised prize money.

Danon Premiums connectioms be spewing

Even more reason Shark should have went ASM.

Not really going to affect anyone else as greatly though is it? Horses probably would have been aimed at those races anyway. Obviously less prizemoney but for Danon and Shark they had other options.

Danon Premiums connectioms be spewing

Even more reason Shark should have went ASM.

Not really going to affect anyone else as greatly though is it? Horses probably would have been aimed at those races anyway. Obviously less prizemoney but for Danon and Shark they had other options.

The shark connections deserve it really. Bit stiff for Danon.

Shark had the chance even when stable mate was $8 they thought she'd just win so didn't bother bringing in the big guns. Now he's lost a George Ryder and on the way to a tough race for half price.

Racing for that sort of prizemoney, in relative present world terms, is incredibly fortunate. Hopefully it remains safe and continues for those employed in the industry. Not to mention the mug punter.

We may not have enough time for a strategy to develop if we are off by this weekend, but hopefully if increased turnover for corporates means some less percentage for takeout. A man can dream.
Most owned internationally who have seen their global operations cease completely due to no racing or sport. Huge overheads and no timeframe on a return for the events they wager on.

Admittedly in Australia it’s probably only Sportsbet and TAB that turn a profit on singles sport markets after costs, the loss of multis will hit hard for everyone though. I’d be very surprised if anyone was getting aggressive with market percentages at the moment.

Most owned internationally who have seen their global operations cease completely due to no racing or sport. Huge overheads and no timeframe on a return for the events they wager on.

Admittedly in Australia it’s probably only Sportsbet and TAB that turn a profit on singles sport markets after costs, the loss of multis will hit hard for everyone though. I’d be very surprised if anyone was getting aggressive with market percentages at the moment.

Well sort of, If anything we've seen the default option to gain money is to increase percentage. Now that they have only 1 sport they may still go the other way which they've proven is their go to move. Increase percentage, take the easy money while they can because they're going into shutdown for 6 months+ and the increase in percentage won't do anything for the average mug who is betting on horses because it's the only thing left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back