Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From about 10:10 in this video, this doctor lays the smackdown.

As he points out, hospital staff are getting laid off because there is so little work to do.

As he asks, shouldn't hospital admissions be up?

Something doesn't make sense here.

Surely the media isn't whipping us all into a frenzy again. Surely we wouldn't let them fool us again.

Why is he being called a doctor in that video when he's just a chiropractor?

Lot of people out today. Large crowd out the front of the artisan bakery / coffee shoppe. Couple of people figured out how it looked and started doing some calisthenics. Just a timing thing. 10 minutes later no one there at all.

Haha I seriously cannot comprehend this

You would think kids on school holidays would be stupid and be out but hardly any.

Legit packed with old farts, not wearing masks and being as rude as ever

Can’t believe we are ruining the economy for these insensitive *s

My grandparents haven’t been to the shops in 4 weeks, the family have been doing it for them

Wow! Quite the discrepancy. Any reasons for that?

Only thing I can think of is daycares and many businesses shut down before it was mandated by the government. People took it seriously early on because Vancouver is the hub from Asia.

I can’t talk for the other Provinces but people where I live at least are shopping just when needed and keeping their distance from each other pretty well.

From about 10:10 in this video, this doctor lays the smackdown.

As he points out, hospital staff are getting laid off because there is so little work to do.

As he asks, shouldn't hospital admissions be up?

Something doesn't make sense here.

Surely the media isn't whipping us all into a frenzy again. Surely we wouldn't let them fool us again.

The answer is no, they shouldn't be making more money. All elective surgeries have been called off, people will be putting off health matters that can wait. Private hospitals in Australia have taken a hammering as people are doing less at the moment.

If they convert the hospital into a corona ICU they will get a lot of work in the US.

Someone on SEN rang up last night with a good point.

We really have lived through a golden age here in Australia the last 40 years.

Im 40 and in my lifetime it has been very easy compared to other countries and the point was made that in Australia the years before 1980 were horrendous

Wars and depression and stuff

This is the younger generations biggest test so far.

If we cant stay at home and self isolation then we are in trouble.

Doing pretty well.

*not comparing it to war at all.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Border Force reports to Dutton
Who made the call to let it dock and everyone get off is the question

Border Force doesn't make health calls. NSW Health declined to attend the vessel and instead made an assessment over the phone. Someone from NSW Health was quoted last week as saying the staff were tired from working long hours.

Heads have to roll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a friend who is firmly right winged. Fair enough. He hates andrews and staunchly states andrews is doing a s**t job, andrews has always wanted a police state. I noted that i feel andrews has been good, delivered messages well. Like scomo. He wouldnt accept it.

I hate Dan Andrews with a passion but he has been good since his hand was forced by teams pulling out of the GP. He's been very - dare I say it - conservative.

Border Force doesn't make health calls. NSW Health declined to attend the vessel and instead made an assessment over the phone. Someone from NSW Health was quoted last week as saying the staff were tired from working long hours.

Heads have to roll.
Passport control?

I'd say the lockdown and fear of catching the virus is keeping all the hypochondriacs and those who can't be f’ed going to the doctor for minor ailments out of the A&Es - both here and in other countries.
Emergency room attendances at Public hospitals are way down for the people that go there for free treatment instead of to a medical centre

I hate Dan Andrews with a passion but he has been good since his hand was forced by teams pulling out of the GP. He's been very - dare I say it - conservative.
He's a doer and a forward thinker. Look at his civil construction program and free priority TAFE courses. He's always planning for the future of the state

I like your hypothesis. It's like when they say "don't wear masks", they'll say it doesn't work because they have ulterior motives.

Masks don't work because many people tend to behave more recklessly when they have them on.

Same theory explains why making bike helmets mandatory often increase the rate and severity of accidents involving cyclists.

You could encourage masks and then stress that you should still behave as if you didn't have one (eg coughing into elbows, washing hands, social distancing at all times) but many would view masks as permission to test the limits more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back