Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, if we did a New Zealand we'd be out of this already...

Of course, benefit of hindsight and all that but at the time there was debate as to whether the NZ approach was the best way to deal with it.

With the failures that went on with the hotel quarantining, I think even if we went down that path, we would be in the same position we are now.

Two more oldsters dead this afternoon, both in their 80s. Getting a little bit nnnnnnnnyyyyyeeeeah about these deaths, maybe they would have karked it anyway if they had caught a bad flu this winter? Hard to tell.
We'll be in for a bumper flu season next year, because thousands who, without the lockdown, would've died this year will die next year, plus the thousands of the 2021 cohort.

Two more oldsters dead this afternoon, both in their 80s. Getting a little bit nnnnnnnnyyyyyeeeeah about these deaths, maybe they would have karked it anyway if they had caught a bad flu this winter? Hard to tell.

You'd be a hit at the nursing home.

Our current setup isn’t right for elimination. It could be, but they need to make airports like military zones, have people work quarantine for months (like East Timor tours) not returning to their household every night.

make security multi layered, have hotels set up there and multiple tests if you come through

I'd like to know whether the 3 infected at Planet Fitness gym in Casula, NSW all went to the next door Crossroads Hotel,
and if not, whether they all used any common equipment in the gym, that might have got them infected by the virus getting onto the equipment, as opposed to aerosol contamination.

Two more cases of COVID-19 have been linked to the Planet Fitness gym in Casula, NSW Health confirmed this evening.
The two new cases are both men in their 20s, who came forward for testing after a confirmed case from the nearby Crossroads Hotel had also attended the gym.
Anyone who visited the gym between July 4 and July 10 is being told to self-isolate.
“We now have three confirmed cases associated with this gym and we are identifying the close contacts of these new cases to ensure they are also isolating and getting tested,” Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant said.

I don't mind the fabric on my face. I don't like it on other people's faces. I like to see expression while communicating. I'll support the use of masks temporarily. I'm against anything that reduces quality of human interaction long term though.
Are you against WFH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back