List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Mate just accuse Fages directly.

I wouldn't be in favour of Birch going around again, but if he's triggered a contract extension then there isn't much to be done now. It will be up to Alex to beat him out. If he plays consistently like he did v Essendon, then he will.
Why would I accuse Fagan when that isn't what I meant. Your daily exercise i guess...Jump to a conclusion.

Why would I accuse Fagan when that isn't what I meant. Your daily exercise i guess...Jump to a conclusion.

Hmm make a vague post about someone getting preferential treatment because of who he knows.

Whine when the most obvious candidate is pointed out.

If you don't want vague insinuations to be linked to Fagan, that's on you to be less vague.

Hmm make a vague post about someone getting preferential treatment because of who he knows.

If you don't want vague insinuations to be linked to Fagan, that's on you to be less vague.

I cannot think of anyone else who would be Birch's friend in high places. I'm obviously not in the know at all so it could well be someone else, but Fagan is the obvious one and if it is not him, say who it is.

When you have criticised match committee (i.e. Fagan) picking Birch all year and brushed off anyone who had concerns with Witho's performance then its hard not to assume that is who you mean.

I should say overall Mighty Lions I appreciate your insights.

Mate, it was the logical conclusion from your insinuation.

Especially for fans who don’t have any insider connections.

I have been one of Witherden‘s biggest cheerleaders over the years, but the kid hasn’t shown the improvement many here had hopped for.

I’d love for Witherden to take Birchall’s spot in the team. But he’s got to actually take it, not be gifted it.

Not whining..... interesting you describe my post as whining. Just pointing out I wasn't referring to Fagan.
Its an opinion that I am expressing is all. Same as Tom14 expressed his opinion.

Mate, it was the logical conclusion from your insinuation.

Especially for fans who don’t have any insider connections.

I have been one of Witherden‘s biggest cheerleaders over the years, but the kid hasn’t shown the improvement many here had hopped for.

I’d love for Witherden to take Birchall’s spot in the team. But he’s got to actually take it, not be gifted it.

Birchall extending for one more year might work in a player-coach capacity hopefully. He could be the Bundy in 2s in 2021, helping our next-gen defense to develop. For that to happen either Hinge, Witherden or even Prior/Brock Smith need to push him out on merit rather than be gifted.

Mate just accuse Fages directly.

I wouldn't be in favour of Birch going around again, but if he's triggered a contract extension then there isn't much to be done now. It will be up to Alex to beat him out. If he plays consistently like he did v Essendon, then he will.
Tom if he were to rephrase it with Fagan's name it still wouldn't be an accusation, it would just be a more direct way of insinuating that Fagan's relationship has something to do with the current situation both players find themselves in.....further more he was only offering his opinion which I think we can both agree it is not one we share, but considering we are a functioning opinion based board it would bring in to question a lot of the content that is shared on here if we started filter out options lol and to add to that if we were only interested in factual based content we could find that on AFL.com not here but I know find it enjoyable reading on how others perceive how things are playing......then again it's just your opinion that he accused Fagan so meh......lol

Steff doesn't have the friends in higher places like Birchall has.

Dunno, I know past contract talks were around Stef wanting to move closer to his actor/model partner...Had an idea she was located in NSW? Those in higher places could be trying to get that to happen...

I think it's obvious why Birch would be favoured over Martin in terms of keeping one or the other (keeping both is still a strong chance).

Martin will not be best 22 in 2021. His spot is essentially Oscars and Daniher will be up forward. If Oscar goes down, Stef is a very nice insurance policy but we've also got Smith contracted. While he's not an ideal replacement, he's contracted and Stef isn't.

Birchall is currently ahead of Witherden and in our best 22. He triggered his contract extension and is keen to go on. Outside of that, he was clearly brought in for a reason played the bulk of the season. He is clearly more important to our team in 2021 than Stef with Daniher coming in.

I think it's obvious why Birch would be favoured over Martin in terms of keeping one or the other (keeping both is still a strong chance).

Martin will not be best 22 in 2021. His spot is essentially Oscars and Daniher will be up forward. If Oscar goes down, Stef is a very nice insurance policy but we've also got Smith contracted. While he's not an ideal replacement, he's contracted and Stef isn't.

Birchall is currently ahead of Witherden and in our best 22. He triggered his contract extension and is keen to go on. Outside of that, he was clearly brought in for a reason played the bulk of the season. He is clearly more important to our team in 2021 than Stef with Daniher coming in.

Yep, I'll add Fullarton showed that he is going to be a gun athletic mobile ruck...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yed, I'll add Fullarton showed that he is going to be a gun athletic mobile ruck...

I love Fullertons potential. I wouldn't be surprised if from 2022 onwards we'd look at playing Fullarton in McStays spot, Daniher to play solely forward and Hippy to do his thing. May even happen this year if the three guys can't work well together.

I love Fullertons potential. I wouldn't be surprised if from 2022 onwards we'd look at playing Fullarton in McStays spot, Daniher to play solely forward and Hippy to do his thing. May even happen this year if the three guys can't work well together.

Same, love Fullarton..covers a lot of ground both him and Hippy have great stamina..this may seem a bit out there... but I could see both playing on the wings... At 2meter+ height not sure how the opposition would match up on.

Not whining..... interesting you describe my post as whining. Just pointing out I wasn't referring to Fagan.
Its an opinion that I am expressing is all. Same as Tom14 expressed his opinion.

Tom14 didn't have a go at you, unlike your effort.

Birchill shouldn't have even been playing in the finals. How Fagan didn't bring Answerth back into the side is beyond me considering he wasn't dropped in the first place. However, Birchill could be useful as an on-field-off-field coach next year. Give him less game time, and more time with fagan on the sidelines.

As long as they throw Danger in as steak knives 🤣
I'd rather Brandan Parfitt.

73aO.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back