Autopsy Round 6 2021: Hawks comeback from 32pts down, defeat Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Our 2 wins coming from 39 and 32 points down! We may not be the most skilled team out there, but we've got some bloody heart and fight in us!

Kosi great, Lewis good through the middle of the ground. Just needs to get his confidence up in front of the sticks and we'll have a great twin tower pairing.

O'Meara brilliant.

- The move off Tob to center half back changed the game! There is no reason why this doesn't persist further with Kosi breakout game, Gunners to come back in and a red-hot Jeka in waiting.

-Proud of the efforts from the boys led by Jaeger and Cj early.1&2 for mine in the pcm
-These blow-outs in quarters must be address a huge hole in the ruck atm.
- It was great to see the young lads really celebrate together after the win.
-Continue to tinker with the middle.

Give Finn a start next week and look to bring a Downie/Bramble in soon.

Our 2 wins coming from 39 and 32 points down! We may not be the most skilled team out there, but we've got some bloody heart and fight in us!

Kosi great, Lewis good through the middle of the ground. Just needs to get his confidence up in front of the sticks and we'll have a great twin tower pairing.

O'Meara brilliant.

‘there’s a few youngish players who fought through the 2018 VFL finals series which was real character building. Close wins and come from behind, extra time against port Melbourne

Crows didn’t score a goal after tob moved into defence and cutoff the easy marks to their talls. He controlled the air down back. Fantastic game by him.

fu** me omeara was good. He is by far our cleanest player off the deck. He has his confidence right up and is taking them one handed off the deck and then bailing around players or giving the don’t argue. Just dragged us back into the game and everyone lifted around him.

great game by impey, Cj and Hardwick. Scrimshaw also had some very good moments although well beaten by thiltoprpe in the air.

really happy with the effort to come back but we have to work on responding on field to what the opposition are doing or what we are not doing. Can’t keep conceding large scores in quarters.
Best part was he didnt drop his head kept doing what he had to do well

TOB should not be picked to play forward again as long as he wears a hawk jumper, with Kosi, Lewis and Jeka, Gunner to come back. That game shows how he should be used, if he’s going to continue to be played. Down back when the opposition has a ‘three headed monster’ forward line.

‘the Clarkson mantra is having two or more positions

Hopefully that gives us some confidence, bar 10 minutes of madness we should have won that by 5 goals .
Wrapt for the young guys.

TOB late career resurgance , the next Glen Jakovich ???

O'Meara brilliant.
Couldn’t have but it better SP. And heart is what you want from a young team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's something strange
In your defence
Who you gonna call?
O'Brien!

If there's something weird
And it Kicking goals
Who you gonna call?
O'Brien!

I ain't 'fraid of no Tex
I ain't 'fraid of no Tex

If you're seeing things
Tilthorpes in your head
Who can you call?
O'Brien!

An invisible man
Himmelberg' in your bed
Ow, who you gonna call?
O'Brien!
I ain't 'fraid of no Tex
I ain't 'fraid of no Tex

Who you gonna call?
O'Brien!

If you're all alone
KPF are goal prone
And call
O'Brien!

I ain't 'fraid of no Tex
Ooh, I hear it likes the girls
Hm, I ain't 'fraid of no Tex
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Who you gonna call?
O'Brien!

Mmm, if you've had a dose of a
Freaky ghost, baby
You better call
O'Brien!
Ow!
Lemme tell ya… bout O'Brien!

TOB should not be picked to play forward again as long as he wears a hawk jumper, with Kosi, Lewis and Jeka, Gunner to come back. That game shows how he should be used, if he’s going to continue to be played. Down back when the opposition has a ‘three headed monster’ forward line.
TOB can move about. That’s why he’s good on the team.
There may be a game where he is moved forward and kicks a bag. And he can ruck. He is actually a very handy player in this respect

Hopefully that gives us some confidence, bar 10 minutes of madness we should have won that by 5 goals .

Jackovich 2 flags Schoenmakers 1. I reckon Tim would be rapped with 1

571b1j.jpg

One good game does not a ‘late career resurgence’ maketh.
In fact, it was half a good game.
He’s been tried back there in the past and been average. Let’s see if he can do that repeatedly, or only when his place in the side, and indeed career, is on the line...

Questions over tall defenders, but TOB was so good back there, mind you, how long have I said it?

A 5 goal forward, that seems like an eternity ago...

Big boy seems cooked. Stratton-esque in the decline

We need 1 more speedy mid

Big Boy cooked? Thought he played well, took some really strong marks.

TOB can move about. That’s why he’s good on the team.
There may be a game where he is moved forward and kicks a bag. And he can ruck. He is actually a very handy player in this respect
If TOB was a shocking kick on goal he would probably have had a great defensive career so far. He just doesn't seem to mark a ball kicked by a Hawthorn player, it's a strange affliction.

His elite set shot will always have us wondering what may have been but he may just have to play third tall in the backline from now.
If he can make that his own it's exciting the flexibility it provides Day, Sicily and CJ in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back