Review Positives and Negatives - UP THE BLOODY COASTERS EDITION - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a long'un
If the club don't complain about the umpiring I'm cancelling my membership because I obviously care more about the season than they do.
Kick to Kennedy was not 15. Do we get to cry foul like every other team does weekly or are we the only ones on the planet banned from that.
28 years I've lived in WA and I've seen this script a thousand times.

At least I picked the sweep on the free kicks 25-15 (do I get a ******* prize ?) with them getting a bunch of free shots on goal. Picking the frees in an Eagles game is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's the same every time. No suprise there.

But geez we played dumb football in this game.
That umpiring was up there with the worst. Well done AFL
Congrats west coke you won against an undermaned richmond. Perpective fellas keep the faith
I don't mind losing fair and square. Can't win them all.

That was pathetic umpiring by soft utensils who should be sacked.

All I want is a fair go. Umpires should be wearing skirts, they suck.
Blatant cheating by the umps, they absolutely crucified us, but in the end we should have sealed the game at a number of points but made uncharacteristic errors that are truely hard to understand for a 3 time premiership side. The game was stolen from us, but ultimately we have to take responsibility for our mistakes. This really hurts from a natural justice point of view, but we learn from it and store it in the memory bank for later in the season.
How the fu** do WC get so many more frees than their oppo yr in yr out. Only thing positive out of that game is we know they are no chance to win the flag.
Get f’ed the umpiring was incompetent at best corrupt at worst.
That umpiring had to o be bordering on cheating. What an absolute disgrace.
Reckon we were tanking
how can we lose to that sh*t team i mean come on
Of course we are gonna b*tch and moan when sh*t umpiring cost us the game
Darling worked out all he had to do was jump into Vlastuin and Balta all game because the umps were turning a blind eye to it, however Yeo gets a slight tap on the shoulder and gets valuable clearance frees.
We lost from two bullsit frees.
Fuggin not 15 to jk! What a barry crocker! Mad!
A clear case of umpiring with an agenda.
I think the AFL need to paint some random lines 15m long at various parts of the ground so they remember how far 15m actually is, wouldn't be buying real estate from any of the whistleblowers thats for sure.
Cokers didn't win it, we lost it.
Still a chance for 4th with a good run home.
So pissed off bc I don’t even rate WC as a team…
JJK mark wasn't 15m and it also touched the ground, double whammy by the umps

won't even get an acknowledgement though even if tigers miss out on top 4 by a game
That one hurts purely because we weren't out played. WC weren't the better team, we were for basically the whole game.

Sloppy and bordering on arrogant play cost us the match. We basically choked it away. Delivery and decision making inside 50 and going for goal needs to be adressed.

Our best 22 still bests anyone. But you can't be dropping matches like that.
Im boiling with rage.
Carlton fan said:
Sorry to intrude,
You guys got ripped a new one buy the umpires.
I have always said when you play West Coast in Perth, the scoreboard should always start.5 goals to zero I'm their favour.
This covers the umpire gifted goals.
exactly they are ******* sh*te
No doubt we should have sealed the game earlier with some more characteristic composure, so it’s partly on us, but there is equally no doubt the umps dudded us at crucial occasions that directly resulted in Eagles goals and allowed them to run over the top of us. That’s not whinging or making excuses, that’s an observable fact, and we should be identifying umpire bias/mistakes so they can be held accountable and held to higher standards for the good of the sport. The playing group just have to take this one on the chin, play better and make the umps a non-factor instead of allowing them the opportunity to dictate outcomes.
plane cramp

4x 5 hour trips

club got ahead of themselves. very arrogant and shouldve stayed in perth after the drugs game
Frustrating, as that was a game WCE didn't win, we lost it. Umpires was atrocious and heavily favoured the home side. If that game was played anywhere but that shithole, we win by 5-6 goals. BUT - Boltons' two easy shots in the first, and then Jack going for the "stevieJ" when it was a regulation drop punt hurt us a lot in the end. Vlastuins terrible kick out, Broad's dropped mark in the square, Bakers' deliberate, Short's poor descion making, Balta's reluctance to follow Kennedy, Cotchin's fitness questions... All adds up.

Caddy is done. Castagna did some good things - spoiled a certain goal, but shanked and stuffed up 3-4 scoring opportunities for us. Short has been really disappointing this year, and Baker had a good start to the year, but he gives away too many undisciplined frees at crucial times. Aarts is useless other than his one goal a game. Needs to do a lot more.

I liked Chol in the Ruck, and don't be fooled with Nic Nat's game - his two goal assists were miss kicks, but his first quarter goal was fantastic. A lot of WCE goals came from pot luck. Maybe 3-4 were from structed play. They didn't impress me much.

We limp to the bye, like we have in the past 4 years. Get more players back and keep CCJ in the side at all costs. I look forward to Karen Cornes complaining about the standard of umpiring by highlighting the "dangerous tackle" by Pickett and the 7M kick which won the game for the Weagles...

Lamberts' immediate impact was awesome and we can look forward to Prestia returning and hopefully Nank a couple weeks later.

Out - Castagna (the joke is over Dimma), Aarts, Caddy
In - Prestia, RCD, Ralphsmith
The West Coast players were continually staging for frees.
Isn't there a simulation rule that got brought in for diving and simular things?
Looking at that pass to Kennedy that ball travelled less than 10 metres I’m totally pissed off at the umpiring of that decision
oscar and darling are the worst
SAweagle you dumb ******* campaigner go and get f’ed with your lurk liking BS flog
That's not even counting the 5 regular Tigers posters I have on permanent ignore.

You not wrong bruvs.

Waterman has his knockers, I'm not one of them myself but i see how he draws the eyre of fans at times.

But one thing that's consistent is the passion he shows week in week out, and and as you've rightly said, the clutch moments he steps up in time and time again.

I have full faith in him lining up for goal at a crucial point.

Yeah, I have no doubt Waterman is going to be an excellent long term player for us.

Gets a rough critique because he's prob one tall too many in our forward line atm.

I think something that gets overlooked in the Waterman debate is the Clutch gene.

You can't buy it and you can't train it. Waterman has it.
I really hope he doesn't look elsewhere for more opportunity. At full strength he's definitely no better than a borderline selection, but I'm pretty bullish about him having a decent career once he can fully establish himself as best 22.

He's got a lot of campaigner about him, and we aren't the campaigneriest team in the AFL so that doesn't hurt us out in the middle. The return of Yeo has seen a noticeable increase in our campaigner levels too.

Unfortunately for Snake he is just stuck behind a lot of guns, and he is getting to an age where players minds can start to get a bit of wanderlust about other clubs.

I've now watched it 5 times (and will watch it 15 more). Chol will not want to watch the review on that one. He leaves Yeo all alone to run off to who knows where?
Looks like the bloke in front of him (Lambert maybe?) told him to go mark NicNat because we had the numbers in the guts, and Jones was carrying on like a pork chop. Terrible call, and terrible play either way.

That Essendon supporting flog Andronicus is always chirpy on the main board when we're losing but has somehow gone silent. We didn't win did we???
Yeah, he's a clown. Just continuous spiteful comments every game day thread. Needs to get a life.

Undermanned Richmond side gaiz. We're clearly flat track bully's beating the reigning premiers from last year without..

Captain Luke Shuey
AA McGovern
AA Tim Kelly
AA Brad Sheppard.

I won't bother listing the others from each team, just the key outs, but to my understanding Nank and Tom Lynch were about it?

Don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone else but we kicked 5 red time goals to none.
One in each of the first three quarters and then two in the last.
But we always concede late goals?

Sorry to intrude but if you can’t see how that umpiring assisted you to win then you have a problem. That was some of the worst I have seen for a long time.

The mighty Eagles won despite some of the worst umpiring I've seen in a long time favouring your mob. If you can't see that, then you have a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the umpiring aside...undermanned Richmond? Lynch and...?
To be fair they are missing Lynch, Nank, Prestia and Astbury.

Mind you that seems less when compared to Gov, Sheppard, Shuey, Kelly and Rioli.

Choi looked better than Nank.
Vlastin did a better job on Jill Darling than Astbury could have done.
CJ scored as many goals as Lynch would have done.

We swap Shuey for Langdon, Kelly for Waterman, Sheppard for Nelson, Gov for Rotham and Rioli for Jones and we are automatically much better.

That would also allow us to have Gaff and Sheed playing more outside mid roles.

If not for a four hour drive to Tulsa today, I would have crushed a few breakfast beers in that 4th quarter. The boys wore their whoop ass boots and FINISHED! Edwards, Yeo, Ryan, Kennedy and a bender from the boundary…legendary passage of play there.

Reminds me of another legendary passage from yesteryear....

Mcgovern to vardy to ryan to sheed.

Flyan Ryan has set up sheed and kennedy to kick two of the best match winning goals you'll ever see.

Hes an absolute superstar.

I know we're all up and about but I need to highlight the biggest negative of the night for mine.

The Darling matchup was a total nightmare. Vlaustin would be BOG if the other team had won. The combo of him and Broad on Darling tonight was ridiculous.

I'm glad we pulled the win because I tell ya, we went an entire game getting absolutely ZERO out of one of our best players.

If we'd have lost I'd have been sitting here saying Simmo had no plan B as an avenue to goal and had to keep coming through Darling who would routinely get beaten and hamstring the team.

Thankfully..... that wasn't the case and Simmo very much DID have a plan B and we managed to find other avenues to goal in the 4th, bypassing Darling.

He wasn't just "bad". He was completely outpointed in every facet of the game. This is the bloke who was BOG last time we played them here and kicked a career high 6 goals in an unstoppable performance.

My concern here is that our system, as pointed out before, needs to adapt so it's not reliant on certain key players. So if Darling is getting clearly towelled up, like he was tonight, like he did by Laverde 2 weeks ago, we can still find a way to score.

I think i actually missed our 2nd ruck tonight. Sometimes Kennedy would be off, Oscar would be in the ruck and we literally had nobody to kick long to, except spuddy Darling.

2 out of his last 3 games JD has been completely shut down. Vlaustin is a quality AA player, but Laverde is a nobody makeshift pleb defender.

Need to keep an eye on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back