Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Don't be a smarmy campaigner. I've been places and done things you couldn't even imagine. Doesn't mean I have to go along with propaganda when I see it.
Yes all the terrible propaganda about the evils of men that’s all so horribly unjustified and personally directed at you.

life truly is hard as a man.

So with last weeks wind/rain that caused a bit of mayhem in Vic last week.... a tree on my property lost a branch that fell on the neighbours roof, broke a few tiles and thus caused his roof to leak water in a bedroom.

He wants the tree completely removed as its dangerous and they could have died.

* I'm willing to trim it as much as its legally allowed. The council will not remove it as the tree is not dead. Neighbor still wants it gone.

He wants me to pay his insurance excess of $800

* My insurance excess is $0 because I have a good deal. He should hunt for a better insurance plan instead of whinging about the cost.

It is an interesting one re insurance: if the tree is on your property, does it fall on to you to pay for repairs? (and therefor your insurance) Or is it his issue as the branch was, presumably, on his side of the fence?

It is an interesting one re insurance: if the tree is on your property, does it fall on to you to pay for repairs? (and therefor your insurance) Or is it his issue as the branch was, presumably, on his side of the fence?

Need Judge Judy to decide imo.

Tried getting the tree taken care of 2 years ago as the neighbour whinged about the leaves etc on his property. The council said no to complete removal and barely any of it was able to be trimmed (neighbour wasn't happy but that wasn't my fault).

Need Judge Judy to decide imo.

Tried getting the tree taken care of 2 years ago as the neighbour whinged about the leaves etc on his property. The council said no to complete removal and barely any of it was able to be trimmed (neighbour wasn't happy but that wasn't my fault).

If the council won't let you do anything sounds like you are allowed to tell your neighbor to go EAD.

Builders from next door show up on our doorstep this morning to say they are going to rip out the boundary fence this morning.

We knew it would happen and it would be a big problem. The fence is in the wrong spot so it means pulling down planter boxes and ripping out hedges. All we asked for was a bit of warning so we could arrange to have the dogs out of towns, and that they get the new fence up quickly so the place is secure and we can get our own landscapers in before spring.

They intend to put up temporary fencing for the next however many months until the job is done.

Pricks

Yes all the terrible propaganda about the evils of men that’s all so horribly unjustified and personally directed at you.

Where did I ever say that? You remind me a lot of TheManWithNoName with your social justice at the expense of common sense take on things.

That is absolutely fair. More needs to be done in that regard.

the concern about “all men are evil” propaganda... not so much really.

It's concerning because kids are seeing this I think, and it's bad for both girls and boys. I'm still not sure why it's ok to refer to the collective of "men" as being this, or needing to do that. You can even go further and segment men into their colour and sexual preference, though it seems only ok if you're white and straight, or "pale, male and stale".

Personally I prefer to take everyone on their merits regardless of race/sex/preference etc, well I try to anyway, I'm sure I'm biased in some way like everyone is, but better not to assign characteristics to people based on their demographic. This appears incredibly obvious to me, though these days it's probably controversial.

That the current androphobia in the media is making kids scared of men.

It could be worse. You could be a Carlton supporter.
Don't be a smarmy campaigner. I've been places and done things you couldn't even imagine. Doesn't mean I have to go along with propaganda when I see it.
Where did I ever say that? You remind me a lot of TheManWithNoName with your social justice at the expense of common sense take on things.

What evidence is there that androphobia in the media is making kids scared of men? Or more to the point given the rates of violence and sexual attacks committed by men is the reporting of it commensurately wrong?

Should we stop reporting on the atrocities men commit so that kids arent scared of you (if thats even whats happening)?

Im sure youll label me an SJW or a woke snowflake or some other s**t but the reality is if you see those reports and get offended and feel personally attacked you are almost certainly part of the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a firm believer in "equality of opportunity" not "equality of outcome."

The mega-woke movie In The Heights (although not woke enough - although the entire cast are from minorities there weren't enough Hispanic-Afros to suit the ideologically pure) is a bomb - $11M at the box office on opening weekend instead of the $25M-$50M confidently predicted. On its first day, LA Times ran an article headlined "Hispanic Blockbuster" and going on about how it was going to sweep all before it. Cue the howls of outrage from those now saying box office receipts are an irrelevant measure of a film's worth. Nevermind, it'll no doubt win many Oscars as the Academy Awards put new rules into place in 2020 that required future films to be diverse and inclusive in order to qualify for nomination.

Address inequality, across all areas, not just movies. Do something positive about it. Stop debasing acknowledgement of achievement by reducing merit-based excellence to a participation award where eligibility is based on racist and misandrist lines.

you are almost certainly part of the problem.

And you're not?

Or more to the point given the rates of violence and sexual attacks committed by men is the reporting of it commensurately wrong?
Should we stop reporting on the atrocities men commit so that kids arent scared of you (if thats even whats happening)?

There you go (yet) again.

Report only violence and sexual attacks (atrocities!) by MEN.

Violence and sexual attacks (never atrocities) by women are not to be mentioned. They do not exist and never have. Figures lie. It's all made up. Present evidence to the contrary and it's the exception or a one-off and either dismiss the evidence or attack whoever brought it up.

WTF is wrong with you that you cannot accept that ALL violence and ALL sexual attacks should not be tolerated or excused?

I, for one, would never label you an SJW or a woke snowflake or some other sh*t. And I would hate anyone else to do so. You're doing a perfectly good job of it yourself.

I'm a firm believer in "equality of opportunity" not "equality of outcome."

The mega-woke movie In The Heights (although not woke enough - although the entire cast are from minorities there weren't enough Hispanic-Afros to suit the ideologically pure) is a bomb - $11M at the box office on opening weekend instead of the $25M-$50M confidently predicted. On its first day, LA Times ran an article headlined "Hispanic Blockbuster" and going on about how it was going to sweep all before it. Cue the howls of outrage from those now saying box office receipts are an irrelevant measure of a film's worth. Nevermind, it'll no doubt win many Oscars as the Academy Awards put new rules into place in 2020 that required future films to be diverse and inclusive in order to qualify for nomination.

Address inequality, across all areas, not just movies. Do something positive about it. Stop debasing acknowledgement of achievement by reducing merit-based excellence to a participation award where eligibility is based on racist and misandrist lines.

Yeah far too much energy is invested in worrying about representation, quotas etc. Generally speaking this time should be invested in removing barriers to entry. Say in STEM fields, instead of worrying how many minorities are represented in jobs, make sure no one has a disadvantage to entering the field, then free choice should be the determining factor.

And you're not?

There you go (yet) again.

Report only violence and sexual attacks (atrocities!) by MEN.

Violence and sexual attacks (never atrocities) by women are not to be mentioned. They do not exist and never have. Figures lie. It's all made up. Present evidence to the contrary and it's the exception or a one-off and either dismiss the evidence or attack whoever brought it up.

WTF is wrong with you that you cannot accept that ALL violence and ALL sexual attacks should not be tolerated or excused?

I, for one, would never label you an SJW or a woke snowflake or some other sh*t. And I would hate anyone else to do so. You're doing a perfectly good job of it yourself.
Last time i watched the news women killing people and committing sexual attacks was absolutely reported on. Fact is it happens far far less than men committing those crimes therefore it cannot be reported on as often.

I never said that any of it should be tolerated, it shouldn't, and im certainly not insinuating that male victims are less valid or important than female victims but the bottom line is the perpetrators of these crimes are overwhelmingly male. So if you wanna go down the men count too, yeh, so lets address the fact they are committing the crimes, or should we just pretend thats untrue so we dont hurt feelings?

Last time i watched the news women killing people and committing sexual attacks was absolutely reported on. Fact is it happens far far less than men committing those crimes therefore it cannot be reported on as often.

I see we're on this roundabout again. "therefore it cannot be reported on as often" is self-evident. Notice the subtle change from "violence" to "killing."

I never said that any of it should be tolerated, it shouldn't, and im certainly not insinuating that male victims are less valid or important than female victims but the bottom line is the perpetrators of these crimes are overwhelmingly male. So if you wanna go down the men count too, yeh, so lets address the fact they are committing the crimes, or should we just pretend thats untrue so we dont hurt feelings?

Nah yeah nah, you're not turning that around on me. "So if you wanna go down the men count too, yeh, so lets address the fact they are committing the crimes." In one line you say male victims matter, and then you say it's men committing the crimes. I think the sticking point is your definition of "overwhelmingly". You're using it in the context of "almost exclusively" and that's what is getting people's backs up.

"should we just pretend thats untrue so we dont hurt feelings" - you may need to sit down with a nice cup of soy chai latte to hear this - many if not most people don't need their feelings protected by being wrapped in cotton wool and shielded from uncomfortable facts.

It's often been said that you can safely ignore anything leading up to the "but" in a sentence. I'd like to know how the second half of that paragraph has anything to do with "ALL violence and ALL sexual attacks should not be tolerated or excused?" Where in that sentence is gender stated or even half-implied?

How many people know that the rate of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men is roughly the same?

I see we're on this roundabout again. "therefore it cannot be reported on as often" is self-evident. Notice the subtle change from "violence" to "killing."

Nah yeah nah, you're not turning that around on me. "So if you wanna go down the men count too, yeh, so lets address the fact they are committing the crimes." In one line you say male victims matter, and then you say it's men committing the crimes. I think the sticking point is your definition of "overwhelmingly". You're using it in the context of "almost exclusively" and that's what is getting people's backs up.

"should we just pretend thats untrue so we dont hurt feelings" - you may need to sit down with a nice cup of soy chai latte to hear this - many if not most people don't need their feelings protected by being wrapped in cotton wool and shielded from uncomfortable facts.

It's often been said that you can safely ignore anything leading up to the "but" in a sentence. I'd like to know how the second half of that paragraph has anything to do with "ALL violence and ALL sexual attacks should not be tolerated or excused?" Where in that sentence is gender stated or even half-implied?
There’s just a lot of complete s**t in this.

we don’t victim blame, we rightly focus on the attacker and ways to ensure we reduce attacks.

the attacker is overwhelmingly male.

that’s it, that’s not discounting male victims as much as you might want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back