List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of depth, Daniel Talia as a rookie DFA, please and thank you

Of all the semi-cooked big bodied experienced KPP getting picked around the leagues (Spud Frawley *cough*) - Talia would have to be one of the better ones to grab for cheap for insurance

Reckon a few teams would ask about him. GWS, North and GC both could use some depth there. Dogs too.
Agree we should throw our hat in though. Perfect depth for a year.
He’s only 29 - could arguably give him a 3 year deal based on his body with releases for the club

He’s only 29 - could arguably give him a 3 year deal based on his body with releases for the club
you can't give DFA 3 year rookie contracts can you?

More pressing positions to fill and I don't think he would come as a backup.

Our KPD stocks for next year:
May
Lever
Petty
Tomlinson
Smith
Daw

I reckon other areas of the ground are much more of a priority.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our KPD stocks for next year:
May
Lever
Petty
Tomlinson
Smith
Daw

I reckon other areas of the ground are much more of a priority.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Daw, Smith and Hore might all be scratched off that list come next year (and Daw and Smith are questionable quality).
Don't need to throw everything at him but as a cheapo option for depth he'd be great. However I think another side will offer a bit more coin or opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he walks straight to the doggies.

Exactly what they need.

Would be a great get for the doggies - I wonder if both parties haven't gotten over the Michael Talia leaking club secrets to Daniel fiasco a few years ago

"Talia, 29, played 200 games for the Crows but has not featured this season due to knee and foot surgeries and setbacks with his rehabilitation."
You'd want to do your due diligence on his injury issues.

Reckon he walks straight to the doggies.

Exactly what they need.
Doubt it given the history around his brother. The Doggies are the one club that won’t go there.

IMO, our main area of need from a trade/FA perspective is more speedy, skilled midfielders/half-forwards. Without thinking too much about it, targets could be Jack Billings as a FA; Luke Breust; Patrick Lipinski or Petrevski-Seton on the cheap if we think they're developable.

Or, if it's correct that we're getting Maynard from the Pies, does that hint at moving Rivers or Salem to a wing/half-forward potentially, which solves the above issue? I also really like Jay Lockhart - could he spend the offseason training further up the ground to give us another option, rather than being a small defender at VFL level?

Weid is also a big question mark. I'd be happy to keep him as depth but if he does depart (and I wouldn't blame him for wanting a fresh start) then we'd need to target a youngish but ready-to-go key forward, as both Brown and T Mac are pushing 30. Guys like Callum Coleman Jones or Jake Ricciardi.

We've got excellent depth of inside mids, key defenders and general defenders - for me, the forward half of the ground should be the focus this offseason.

This from a mate at channel 9. For the record he’s not in the AFL space but grabbed this info that was floating around. Not many details unfortunately.

MFC has now advised those players who will not be offered new deals.

1 player so far has advised they would like to be traded with 1 more “open” to being traded.

I have no doubt more will be coming through in the next week or so.

This from a mate at channel 9. For the record he’s not in the AFL space but grabbed this info that was floating around. Not many details unfortunately.

MFC has now advised those players who will not be offered new deals.

1 player so far has advised they would like to be traded with 1 more “open” to being traded.

I have no doubt more will be coming through in the next week or so.
A real Sparrow to Crom vibe about this

A real Sparrow to Crom vibe about this

Adelaide will have around pick 21-24 in the second round after compo etc. We took him originally with 27... couple of years in the system... i'll take that pick back thanks.

Adelaide will have around pick 21-24 in the second round after compo etc. We took him originally with 27... couple of years in the system... i'll take that pick back thanks.
Reckon he could be decent if a side gave him a proper crack permanently in the guts. Doubt it'll ever be with us tho.

Reckon he could be decent if a side gave him a proper crack permanently in the guts. Doubt it'll ever be with us tho.
Would be great to watch him get more of the ball so he could miss more easy handballs

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back