Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Taylor Walker stay in the bottom 50?

Must be a tough decision on whether he goes in or not.

Suspect it’s a very easy decision.

As stated in the rules “This list includes weightings for off-field incidents”

Freo fans are very clever
Cameron Conca or Reece McCarthy , both very worthy recipients .
Hard to choose between the 2 but McCarthys efforts to gain status in the bottom 50 are more remarkable IMO .

Play Max Gawn highlights.

Step ladder extraordinaire

liam-ryan-mark-of-the-year-2019.gif

mitch-georgiades-hanger-on-max-gawn.gif

cody-weightman-hanger-on-max-gawn.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sitting right in front of that Georgiades mark. Bloody Gawn folded like a deck chair.
I saw 23 blokes fold like deck chairs against the Dogs the other week.

Player #40 - Rhys Mathieson
1632266113995.png
Pictured:
What did I say?
Don't try the urinal cake, it's not real cake
And what did you do
Try the urinal cake

Rhys Mathieson is a player who has been in the system for 6 years and is currently a fringe player for a team that regularly chokes in finals.
I get the distinct feeling he likes himself.

This year he described himself as the 'barometer' of the Lions, which came as a shock to know that AFL footballers know four-syllable words. Most of them are limited to three syllable words such as 'statutory', 'illicit', 'homesickness' and 'GGF'. Although Jaidyn Stephenson bucks this trend as he can at least pronounce 'Ivermectin'.

Pro-tip: if you describe yourself as the barometer of the team, try not to get dropped multiple times.

As a mid-forward, Rhys tackles pretty well and that's it. Kicking 2 goals from 11 games this year, he's an offensive threat on par with Chris Crocker (now Cara Cunningham) telling people to leave Britney alone or "they'll have to deal with me".

1632268611469.png

How did his season finish?
After registering 13 touches (3 clangers) and no goals in the first final against Melbourne, Rhys was dropped for the final against the Bulldogs. At least he's shelved his 'Shotgun Celebration' he used early in his career... probably because in 2019 Kade Simpson, well, it's worth watching (and Kade you're a legend):

Fun fact: As well as 'The Barometer', Rhys' nicknames are also listed as 'Beast Mode' and 'Loose Cannon' which leads me to believe he's still rocking a No Fear sticker on whatever car he drives. Probably a second hand Maloo Ute with a modified muffler and one working headlight.

Rhys, giving yourself a nickname is never a good idea. Take it from me, Whopper Chopper Mofra the Breastly Stallion. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2021.

Mof, mate, thats a picture of Charlie Cameron. Shithouse.

To clarify i mean this is a picture of Charlie Cameron, no idea who the first bloke is, Shaun Hart still play for the lions?

1632270226236.png

In Rhys' defence, he knows the four syllable word, but only because he heard someone else say it... he is only a footballer after all - he can't possibly know the word as well as its definition... He thinks it means "the person who keeps the mood up", not "the person whose performance indicates the standard of the team performance"...

I tend to think that a more appropriate nickname would be "the mascot", which encompasses the hype-up nature of his role, as well as acknowledging that he generally shouldn't be involved when the game is actually being played...

Player #40 - Rhys Mathieson
View attachment 1242766
Pictured:
What did I say?
Don't try the urinal cake, it's not real cake
And what did you do
Try the urinal cake

Rhys Mathieson is a player who has been in the system for 6 years and is currently a fringe player for a team that regularly chokes in finals.
I get the distinct feeling he likes himself.

This year he described himself as the 'barometer' of the Lions, which came as a shock to know that AFL footballers know four-syllable words. Most of them are limited to three syllable words such as 'statutory', 'illicit', 'homesickness' and 'GGF'. Although Jaidyn Stephenson bucks this trend as he can at least pronounce 'Ivermectin'.

Pro-tip: if you describe yourself as the barometer of the team, try not to get dropped multiple times.

As a mid-forward, Rhys tackles pretty well and that's it. Kicking 2 goals from 11 games this year, he's an offensive threat on par with Chris Crocker (now Cara Cunningham) telling people to leave Britney alone or "they'll have to deal with me".

View attachment 1242818

How did his season finish?
After registering 13 touches (3 clangers) and no goals in the first final against Melbourne, Rhys was dropped for the final against the Bulldogs. At least he's shelved his 'Shotgun Celebration' he used early in his career... probably because in 2019 Kade Simpson, well, it's worth watching (and Kade you're a legend):

Fun fact: As well as 'The Barometer', Rhys' nicknames are also listed as 'Beast Mode' and 'Loose Cannon' which leads me to believe he's still rocking a No Fear sticker on whatever car he drives. Probably a second hand Maloo Ute with a modified muffler and one working headlight.

Rhys, giving yourself a nickname is never a good idea. Take it from me, Whopper Chopper Mofra the Breastly Stallion. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2021.
Yeah, I've always thought the term 'Barometer' should be reserved for players whose inspirational performances have been known to lift the team around them. Like Sam Reid, for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back