No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sometimes he, and others, but especially him, it's not actually dropping,, and Fly admitted it, they teach the players to stay low. So he picks up the ball, stays low, and when the tackler arrives, he drives his body head first towards the tackler, and lifts the arm if he feels the contact isn't high enough.
We can all see what he's doing, including the umps. The rule needs tweaking again. The free kicks, at least one, probably should have been paid on the weekend. Happy they weren't and hopefully the rule is clarified as if you drive low towards the tackler, no free.

I know what you are saying and I agree Ginnivan does that as well. But at least 5 times this season I have seen him take possession in an upright position then start dropping at the knees as a tackler approaches. Just about every time he did it, he was incorrectly given a free kick.

I know what you are saying and I agree Ginnivan does that as well. But at least 5 times this season I have seen him take possession in an upright position then start dropping at the knees as a tackler approaches. Just about every time he did it, he was incorrectly given a free kick.
dimma would never recruit a player whos main attribute is staging and diving

still rapt that mansell attacked him that time

That is the rule already it’s just very hard to adjudicate in the moment whether a player has done those things on purpose or are just trying to win the ball

they said they made that a rule in 2015 and then again in 2017 and both times stopped using it after 3 weeks. then they finally decide to use it again against Vaginnivan after like 5 years. classic afl

Only watched a little of the game, but the one play I saw, he took posession of the ball, started to rise, then ducked down and tried to puch through to draw the high tackle. I thought this action was meant to be considered using your prior opportunity and you were to be penalised for holding the ball to discourage guys hurting themselves, simialr to the NFL players leading with their helmets.

they said they made that a rule in 2015 and then again in 2017 and both times stopped using it after 3 weeks. then they finally decide to use it again against Vaginnivan after like 5 years. classic afl

The funny thing is, there’s the rule about ‘driving the head’ being prior opportunity … I can’t remember which game it was, but earlier in the season we got pinged twice on the same game for that, which I don’t think I’d seen in the prior 20
games and haven’t seen it since ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a joke

Taking kids off premises, injecting them with something illegal, keeping no records (why not?) and then claiming they are owed an apology. This bloke gets far too many plaudits imo. Did some really good things like Dreamtime, Anzac Day, but was an ordinary semi thug as a player, coached for a billion years for just ok results and is treated with god like status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back