List Mgmt. Geoff Walsh | Returns to NMFC for a short-term advisory role

Remove this Banner Ad

The CEO said Noble is our man 2 weeks ago, so he can’t sack him. That’s why Walsh was hired to sack who Sonya wants sacked.

Then Sonya/Board should sack Noble if this is the case.

If this undermines Amarfio and he spits it/we think he is not up to it, he can go too at seasons end or when appropriate.

Plenty of clubs have backed the coach, then given them the arse a short time later.

Bringing GW or anyone to perform this function (sacking the coach) just reeks of weakness and incompetence.

I'm sure his function is more broad than this. I was referring to posters demanding a part time consultant sacks our senior coach.

Didn't she say "for now" or "at this moment" or "right now" or something akin to that as well?
She sure did. Didn't sound like a strong response IMO.

Then Sonya/Board should sack Noble if this is the case.

If this undermines Amarfio and he spits it/we think he is not up to it, he can go too at seasons end or when appropriate.

Plenty of clubs have backed the coach, then given them the arse a short time later.

Bringing GW or anyone to perform this function (sacking the coach) just reeks of weakness and incompetence.

I'm sure his function is more broad than this. I was referring to posters demanding a part time consultant sacks our senior coach.
Or it's giving those that wield the axe confirmation that this is the right head/s to chop. Should they know, probably, but to call on someone with his experience might be just the guidance they need. Not arguing, just fence sitting. Well, just wittling my way through a sunday morning 🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Animated GIF

Do it Geoff!!!!
Let’s hope it ends better than that and David (Daniel son ) noble doesn’t come back to haunt us

I didn’t know Walsh is on the Board of the AFLCA.

Weird that the AFLCA CEO called Noble on the topic. It should have been the AFLCA Chair.

More importantly, however, this conflict of interest is potentially a bigger concern for North than it is for the CA. If the goal of the CA is to support coaches, then any recommendation by Walsh to sack coaches would be counter to the goals of the Association where he is a Director. It would seem very reasonable that Walsh would feel some hope that the answer for North is not to sack coaches - otherwise how are the coaches represented by the CA supposed to trust their Board to be truly supporting them and keeping their best interests at heart?

I would hope this is something Sonja discussed with Walsh and agreed to manage before commencing the review and feel this issue will definitely be revisited if Noble and/ or other coaches aren’t dismissed as a consequence of the review.

Merlin007 - for your interest.

Weird that the AFLCA CEO called Noble on the topic. It should have been the AFLCA Chair.

More importantly, however, this conflict of interest is potentially a bigger concern for North than it is for the CA. If the goal of the CA is to support coaches, then any recommendation by Walsh to sack coaches would be counter to the goals of the Association where he is a Director. It would seem very reasonable that Walsh would feel some hope that the answer for North is not to sack coaches - otherwise how are the coaches represented by the CA supposed to trust their Board to be truly supporting them and keeping their best interests at heart?

I would hope this is something Sonja discussed with Walsh and agreed to manage before commencing the review and feel this issue will definitely be revisited if Noble and/ or other coaches aren’t dismissed as a consequence of the review.

thanks - obviously some complications here, and tbh, not the best look (and yes, given it's a board member involved, it should be the AFLCA Chair having discussions, not the CEO who reports to the board). I do wonder however why this issue didn't come up in the context of Walsh's involvement in the Carlton review, where coaches did lose jobs. IMO typical of the fairly lax conception about conflicts of interest in the industry as a whole (club presidents as media personalities, AFL employees (ie "journalists") criticising constituent clubs - the list goes on)

He was on the board when Carlton turfed Teague last year after their review. Didn't seem to be any issue with that.

He was on the board when Carlton turfed Teague last year after their review. Didn't seem to be any issue with that.

Indeed

Interesting. Good point.

If I was the chair or CEO of the Coaches Association, I’d be pretty annoyed with one of the Directors repeatedly working on projects involving sacking coaches. It’s a bad look and makes Walsh’s role as a Director look to lack authenticity.

I reckon Caro and/ or some of the other bottom feeding media scum will be all over this.

Edit: ….especially since half of them get their content from Bigfooty and I’ve written the story for them!

Can't comment on the quality of the pitch but I can see plenty of synergies if the angle was female tradies. Have done plenty of sponsorship pitches in my life and there is always an angle. EOFY is irrelevant - some like to spend remaining money or maybe hold to the new FY. Unless you know something about the quality of the pitch then I think you are being harsh.

I do, hence why I brought it up.

No skin off my nose what people think.

Just some feedback I heard, supporters can take it or leave it.

Still think this is the case??

Huge traction now that Amarfio goes. Matter of time.
Yes you're still full of shit.

No traction that Ben A goes either. Just a bit of panty wringing.

Interesting. Good point.

If I was the chair or CEO of the Coaches Association, I’d be pretty annoyed with one of the Directors repeatedly working on projects involving sacking coaches. It’s a bad look and makes Walsh’s role as a Director look to lack authenticity.

I reckon Caro and/ or some of the other bottom feeding media scum will be all over this.

Edit: ….especially since half of them get their content from Bigfooty and I’ve written the story for them!
If they do, I hope they start retrospectively with Carlton; amazing coincidence how this becomes an issues when North is involved

I do, hence why I brought it up.

No skin off my nose what people think.

Just some feedback I heard, supporters can take it or leave it.
Fair enough - if the actual pitch was crap that's a different story. Tell us more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back