Toast Round 19 = Collingwood 80-76 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done super sub Carmichael. Bobbing up for two goals will help his claim to a spot, showing some positional flexibility. Looked like he started forward for those as well.

Elliott though. It wasn't just the goal, the mark was impressive also. Saw the kick going high to a two on one with a small Magpie in between two taller Bombers defenders. Did not like our chances. Jamie of course casually takes a chest mark. Just briliant.

Dear Essendon fans-you’ve given us 13 years of Zakharais

Get ready for Elliot!!!
The Zaharakis one ebbed and flowed and it was always a matter of who would be in front at the right time. Today was a genuine snatch.

Billy Elliott has always been one of my favourites, mainly because of his courage, persistence and determination to overcome all his serious injuries. They would've beaten down a lesser man. What extraordinary strength of character.
To see him win the game with nerves of steel is such just reward for him. What extraordinary The reaction of his team mates is something he'll always remember.
To both Billy's,
👏👏👏👏👏❤❤❤❤🙏🙏🙏🙏

Another side playing their grand final against us. If they could motivate themselves like this when, I dunno, their season actually had any relevance whatsoever, then maybe they'd have won at least one single final since the first iPhone was released.
This is what pisses me off about mediocre oppo teams. They would rather sacrifice their season and put all their eggs on the Collingwood basket and give it everything they've got against Collingwood. It's just pathetic.

I think we have to admit that at least this one had a modicum of luck :D But who cares? Freakin' awesome win!! Thank you Jamie!

Finals almost assured now.

Things I was hoping to see before the game
  • Crisp back to form/fitness/elan - not quite his best, but a good game, particularly in the last
  • N.Daicos solid despite extra attention - I'd say he was solid
  • AJ to build on his debut and kick 3/4 - got the three!
  • Adams to lead from the front with 5+ clearances - 7 clearances. Tick
  • Ginnivan to give up the dairy and just play the game. He'll be better for it - not so much milking. Unfortunately umps were not fair with their calls
  • Mason to pull out one of his rippers. Perfect conditions for him. Sun's out, big game, big crowd - not quite. but good start and ripping mark. Was easily our best ruck
  • A win. No matter how or by how much, just do it. - anyhow is right. Still not able to believe this one, and that's after a couple of months of some reality challenging wins
Solid game from Cox I thought. Contained Draper (certainly better than Cameron did). Had the height mismatch forward quite a bit against Laverde. Why we continually didn't look for him forward I don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few have mentioned Bianco’s brilliantly weighted pass to Elliott, and rightly so, but special shout out to Pendlebury for showing composure with the kick in and not doing the “easy” thing to blast it down the middle. He didn’t even hesitate, took responsibility for the kick, spotted up Murphy, and started the chain because they were so busy defending the corridor.

Agree that Cox was good, just not one of his classic rippers he pulls out once every year or so. Makes for a tough decision next week. Cameron was absolutely smashed by Draper though. Even his marking was off, just the one and that wasn't anything special.

I'm definitely happy to have Grundy back next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back