AFL Autopsy RND 19: Loss to the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Ham had a terrible game. next to useless. and he *ed up that assignment at the end - he should have just stayed with Bianco. but our players look like Brown's cows as Jones misses that shot. there is 0 structure setup, which is on the whole team.

i agree with King, the players were ready to celebrate with Jones, when they should have been setting up just in case.
How many weeks has Ham been sub?

Club should have a policy that no one is sub if they haven't been used or played a game at AFL/VFL level the week before.

We were basically a player short, woeful decision.

How many weeks has Ham been sub?

Club should have a policy that no one is sub if they haven't been used or played a game at AFL/VFL level the week before.

We were basically a player short, woeful decision.
especially when medical subs are typically playing 2-3 quarters a week anyway

This explains about everything

Attachments

• B74EF144-9A6F-47B1-B12B-6A2B227F0DE9.png
    B74EF144-9A6F-47B1-B12B-6A2B227F0DE9.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 117
This explains about everything
It really doesn't. It's trying to spread blame around using emotionally loaded teams ("leadership") instead of the simple fact that Ham made the wrong decision and the Pies capitalised on it. Those guys in the image are more or less where they should be: in the corridor with the Pies players. Ham right one way, his opponent went the other and set-up the goal, and that's just the way it is.

It really doesn't. It's trying to spread blame around using emotionally loaded teams ("leadership") instead of the simple fact that Ham made the wrong decision and the Pies capitalised on it. Those guys in the image are more or less where they should be: in the corridor with the Pies players. Ham right one way, his opponent went the other and set-up the goal, and that's just the way it is.
Explains why no one was on Bianco. They needed to man up, was distressing.
Ham is a total liability though, have no idea why he’s even close to selection. Cutler, Stewart, Ambrissio, Voss, waterman are all better picks.

Explains why no one was on Bianco. They needed to man up, was distressing.
It's been covered earlier in the thread and it's just as simple as Ham made a poor mistake, he pressed on Moore and his opponent went the other way and all the other players on the ground bar like 5 were taken completely out of the game from that point

Weird game. Pies outscored us 10 goals to 1 in first & 4th quarters and we outscored them 10 to 2 in the 2nd & 3rd. Difference was in last they couldn’t miss shots and we had Stringer, Durham and Jones all miss gettable shots

You could see it a mile away.

Really poor game by Hind today. Didn't provide enough run. Gave up 2 goals due to poor tackling efforts.
Happens every week with Hind

Watch him closely

As good as Zerrett was, he either was absolutely cooked chasing Daicos (Goal of the year nominee) or did it at 30%

Kept slowing and accelerating in the same run

I hope he was absolutely cooked

Not sure what the Collingwood supporters are LOLing at? Essendon mucked around, the only reason they won. They looked second-rate for the majority of the game. This is after two less than a kick wins against bottom 4 sides. This "good in a close finish" is hilarious. We can see statistically that this never lasts, despite some teams having a good run for a season.

I love their ball movement when they take on the game. This comes with the pacey and skillful players they have. However, their list is soo far from being any good sustainable. Their talls are poo and their contest work at a clearance is shizen. The two most important aspects for long-term results.

I know it is funny to win a game you didn't deserve because your opponents choked. However, it's not that important for Essendon this year. Losing for dumb reasons now is better than when we're actually challenging. Helps the rebuild really, which is clearly a few years ahead of Collingwoods, despite some injuries and form slumps through the middle of the year.

I mean honestly, did you (Collingwood supporters) start this year expecting bottom 4? All Collingwood supporters I know did. Do you expect to actually do anything in the finals? Would you be surprised if you're in the bottom half of the table next year?

Are you loling cause you hope people are upset or cause this is your copium to avoid what has been a fun, but a pointless year for you? I feel embarrassed for you.

My cope is watching how much Essendon dominated for most of the game. Our best> your best. Our list>>>>your list.
Interesting point of view, I honestly believe that was close to one of our worst games of the season and the stats probably suggest such a conclusion. But just following that logic, doesn't that prove the exact opposite? Collingwood really only showed up for a quarter and 10 minutes but still came away with the four points. So it's more like a below average Collingwood performance was equivalent to a good Essendon performance which would make sense analytically speaking.

Are you loling cause you hope people are upset or cause this is your copium to avoid what has been a fun, but a pointless year for you? I feel embarrassed for you.
To answer your question I was LOL'ing because you weren't even involved in the conversation, was just a random jab for no reason.

But on the original topic of eddie's comment, not sure why people think it's okay to wish harm on players and so that's why I was calling it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting point of view, I honestly believe that was close to one of our worst games of the season and the stats probably suggest such a conclusion. But just following that logic, doesn't that prove the exact opposite? Collingwood really only showed up for a quarter and 10 minutes but still came away with the four points. So it's more like a below average Collingwood performance was equivalent to a good Essendon performance which would make sense analytically speaking.

But anyway on the original topic of eddie's comment, not sure why people think it's okay to wish harm on players and so that's why I'm calling it out.

It looked bad cause you were SMASHED at the clearances and dominated in the air. Essendon threw the game away in the 1st quarter, 11 inside the 50s for 0 disposals inside 50. This meant you were running fast breaks, which clearly we struggled to defend.

I think you were much worse against North and Adelaide tbh.

Think it was pretty clear today.

Nah

Collingwood even at full strength (which we’re still not at) only has one real weakness and that’s in the clearances.

But Richmond already showed everyone you can win multiple flags without winning clearances so it’s not an issue clearly as we keep winning despite losing clearances.

I actually tipped us to make the 8 (the posts are there in my history) because I knew the list was there and just needed a coach who wasn’t a complete moron to take over.

Our current best 22 is better than the side that got within a kick of the flag in 2018 so all the talk of us finishing bottom 4 this year made absolutely no sense to me.

If we could manage to actually keep players over 195cm off our injury list we’d be even better because not having those talls down back or up forward is really screwing with our structure.

To answer your question I was LOL'ing because you weren't even involved in the conversation, was just a random jab for no reason.

But on the original topic of eddie's comment, not sure why people think it's okay to wish harm on players and so that's why I was calling it out.

Its just a comment by an Essendon supporter on the Essendon board about an opposition player who is a bit of a douche. Why would you comment?

It looked bad cause you were SMASHED at the clearances and dominated in the air. Essendon threw the game away in the 1st quarter, 11 inside the 50s for 0 disposals inside 50. This meant you were running fast breaks, which clearly we struggled to defend.

I think you were much worse against North and Adelaide tbh.
And I completely agree, we were getting smashed in the clearances up until about 10 minutes left in the 4th when we finally remembered how to win the ball in the middle. But I think it's rather unfitting to make a comparative conclusion of two teams list when one is clearly not at it's best. Both sides are in rebuilding stages and are yet to really put together those consistent performances you see from say Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong and such over the last few years.

Its just a comment by an Essendon supporter on the Essendon board about an opposition player who is a bit of a douche. Why would you comment?
Because I don't think it's right, I would call out people in our own board if they gloated about the same thing happening to an Essendon player.

Nah

Collingwood even at full strength (which we’re still not at) only has one real weakness and that’s in the clearances.

But Richmond already showed everyone you can win multiple flags without winning clearances so it’s not an issue clearly as we keep winning despite losing clearances.

I actually tipped us to make the 8 (the posts are there in my history) because I knew the list was there and just needed a coach who wasn’t a complete moron to take over.

Our current best 22 is better than the side that got within a kick of the flag in 2018 so all the talk of us finishing bottom 4 this year made absolutely no sense to me.

If we could manage to actually keep players over 195cm off our injury list we’d be even better because not having those talls down back or up forward is really screwing with our structure.
Your lack of even solid key defenders outside of Moore is a huge issue.

Enjoy the win but to say that you have "only one real weakness" when you've managed to beat three clear cut bottom 6 sides by under 10 points three weeks in a row, it's very concerning for Collingwood.

Nah

Nah you guys are doing well with some future talent mixed in with the last hurrah of a couple of old champs. It has also been a weird year with Richmond, St Kilda, and Doggies underperforming. Same with bombers through the first half of the year.

Kind of why the top 15 effective players today included 12 Essendon players.

After you trade Grundy and De Goey at the end of this year you'll be able to get some top-end talent to start your rebuild in earnest seeing you've only had the one top-end talent through FS in the last few years.

Bombers have drafted really well in the last couple of years.

Your lack of even solid key defenders outside of Moore is a huge issue.

Enjoy the win but to say that you have "only one real weakness" when you've managed to beat three clear cut bottom 6 sides by under 10 points three weeks in a row, it's very concerning for Collingwood.

Not when 2 of the teams we smashed in our current run were Fremantle in Perth and Melbourne.

Bad kicking was all that stopped us smashing Carlton too

Happy to write these close ones off as not taking lower sides seriously enough until proven otherwise

And I completely agree, we were getting smashed in the clearances up until about 10 minutes left in the 4th when we finally remembered how to win the ball in the middle. But I think it's rather unfitting to make a comparative conclusion of two teams list when one is clearly not at it's best. Both sides are in rebuilding stages and are yet to really put together those consistent performances you see from say Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong and such over the last few years.

Because I don't think it's right, I would call out people in our own board if they gloated about the same thing happening to an Essendon player.
Was it a dangerous incident for him? No it is more annoying and after his year of flopping ducking ect he's painted himself as an arse. He did his shoosh symbol after winning an undeserved free kick on ANZAC day. It was nice to see him not get one when there should have been one. **** him.

Not when 2 of the teams we smashed in our current run were Fremantle in Perth and Melbourne.

Bad kicking was all that stopped us smashing Carlton too

Happy to write these close ones off as not taking lower sides seriously until proven otherwise
I think it might be the other way around. After Collingwood was cruising to where their talent level suggested they should be most sides didn't take them seriously. The only reason you didn't lose by 6+ goals today was bad kicking. First, it was field kicking in the front half during the 1st quarter. Then there were a few sitters early in the last that would have broken your back.

Essendon didn't put you away cause they weren't respecting you through that period of the game. I appreciate the lesson our players learnt today. No matter how shit your opponent seems to be, if they have a sniff late anything can happen.

Nah

The difference is Essendon aren’t rebuilding with a bunch of 30-34 year olds playing each week (apart from Heppel). You might have a lot of holes in your list once Pendles, Sidebottom, Howe and cox retires in a few years.

Let’s see how it plays out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back