Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of pre-season performances has anyone been down to Arden St lately to check out the new turf? Has it been training the house down?
More seriously, it will be good to have it back in use soon.
The new turf is the first to arrive and the last to leave.

Really up and about, and covers the ground well I heard. Likely to get a run in preseason, but will only feature in the VFl.
Always pulls the birds :cool:

Speaking of pre-season performances has anyone been down to Arden St lately to check out the new turf? Has it been training the house down?
More seriously, it will be good to have it back in use soon.
There last evening.

Temporary fences are still up and the turf looks dry - even with the sprinklers going.

Otherwise looks good and shouldn't be far away.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if I come across as a dick, but there’s a random thread for debate’s about stuff like Australia Day. Just saying maybe take that discussion there and keep this one about how our preseason is going.
100% spot on. You are just saying what most are thinking.

I spend more time scrolling through threads than reading them lately, because most of them get hijacked by random crap that has nothing to do with the thread.

I understand that there will always be a level of s**t posting in every thread, but it would be nice with a thread like this where people who can’t get to training like to read on the teams progress, that it gets kept to a minimum.

100% spot on. You are just saying what most are thinking.

I spend more time scrolling through threads than reading them lately, because most of them get hijacked by random crap that has nothing to do with the thread.

I understand that there will always be a level of s**t posting in every thread, but it would be nice with a thread like this where people who can’t get to training like to read on the teams progress, that it gets kept to a minimum.

Fundamentally, BigFooty is about oversharing - that’s what it is … and so this gatekeeping the discourse is, in a sense, more oversharing!

Also - regarding the Australia Day debate - I am glad my club are activists and not a bunch of lame arse pacifists

I overshare !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both he and Phillips put space between themselves and the warlord out of stoppage on several occasions.

Phillips looked like he runs a 2:9something bursting out of centre clearances for the first clearance in each of the first 3 qrts
Pretty sure he did run 2.9 at his combine trials. GR posted a result from a 100m race somewhere a few years ago and his 100m time was in the 11s range. Schoolboys race too not an adult time.

Good to hear
Seems like they have been given one last mini break (4 day weekend) before the season stats

So Wednesday is the last ever session at la trobe

View attachment 1893385
You're *en kidding!!!

I was gonna be in melbourne on Friday and was looking forward to watching training.

I blame all you campaigners crapping on about Invasion Day for this!

I agree, recognising everyone's feelings/history is important. I'm not sure how many indigenous people we have making decisions at board level.
So you’re saying your feelings that it’s nice to have a long weekend at a convenient time during the summer and celebrate the establishment of the noble Australian tradition of setting up inhumane offshore detention centres in the pacific are more important than the feelings of the first Australians, whose society was turned upside down that day?

So you’re saying your feelings that it’s nice to have a long weekend at a convenient time during the summer and celebrate the establishment of the noble Australian tradition of setting up inhumane offshore detention centres in the pacific are more important than the feelings of the first Australians, whose society was turned upside down that day?
Personally I would change 26 Jan to multicultural day.
Australia Day can go somewhere else
It's the day we became multicultural.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back