Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

They changed stream providers from stream motion to some other company. I believe thats where all the issues lie.
Yes they did. I reckon that's when the buffering issue is likely to have begun.

I would probably check your Wi-Fi to ensure it has dual band.

It makes a huge difference in terms of reliability and speed without choosing to go with ethernet (although most houses can only do 100 mbits best case through powerline).
I have an ax5400 dual band router and the TV is actually plugged in to a cat-6 Ethernet cable anyway (Chromecast built-in). I can get 4k from other sources beautifully.

Anyway, NBN guy is here now so FTTC will be replaced by FTTP.

Yes they did. I reckon that's when the buffering issue is likely to have begun.

I have an ax5400 dual band router and the TV is actually plugged in to a cat-6 Ethernet cable anyway (Chromecast built-in). I can get 4k from other sources beautifully.

Anyway, NBN guy is here now so FTTC will be replaced by FTTP.
Tempted to do that too but it adds a few bucks to the plan.

For me on 110MB/s it had been perfect until recently, when the 4k logo began to appear as a watermark. The TV is 4k so everything should work fine but (a) we get a second or so of buffering every 5 minutes or so and (b) the image is nowhere near the same as genuine 4k content viewed from other sources.

Today, if they turn up I'm getting the fibre install completed (ordered in November last year but delayed because twice, NBN scheduled the tech to come on days when I had surgery and each time the rescue was a month further out and once because the tech wouldn't install the box where I wanted it).

I used to get Kayo for free occasionally and at a discounted rate but those days are in the past. Now I just cop it sweet with a positive attitude and if it buffers then so be it, as I suspect that problem is at the server end not at my end.
Canned my Kayo subscription last season. Had enough of the constant buffering and paying premium for a s**t service.

I’ve found another service that shows all live sport, as well as movies and TV shows from around the world for roughly $8 a month I believe. Happy to discuss over PM if you’re interested.

Canned my Kayo subscription last season. Had enough of the constant buffering and paying premium for a s**t service.

I’ve found another service that shows all live sport, as well as movies and TV shows from around the world for roughly $8 a month I believe. Happy to discuss over PM if you’re interested.

What about frontrow website, you can get free streaming of afl it's just that it sometimes have russian dubbing so turn it off to hear the original sound.

I found another service also - my parents' Foxtel Go!

80m run to outbuilding, fixed wireless or ethernet??
Fibre.

Fixed wireless would also work but avoid copper due to (a) risk of lightning strike and (b) potential difference between the buildings being that distance apart.

Whirlpool is probably a good source of information assuming you ignore 80% of the crap and listen to Pugs the cable guy above just about everyone else.

10 years in the system and always looks exhausted and he can’t hardly lift his feet when running

And only two skills in his arsenal
Boot it long anywhere as long as it’s long
And chip it sideways or backwards with a short kick

That’s our captain drafted at pick 8 with a very long contract to boot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not kidding when I say I never want to see this prick play again, Corr gets a lot of s**t but at least he does some good things. Awful atrocious player who let ******* Brad Close kick 4, the worst captain in AFL history by a WIDE margin

5 touches to half time.

This is the person the players love and wanted to lead them.

Most of our players simply don't care. Why would they?

Ben McKay was right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back