Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Taken from the Lions FB supporter page:

View attachment 1968220

Always thought Aka had more than half a clue about footy and don’t think he’s wrong on this one.
Great footy player and a great of the club but to be honest, I wouldn’t trust a word that comes out of his mouth.
He is entitled to his opinion but that is all it is.
And it ultimately means didely squat!

Great footy player and a great of the club but to be honest, I wouldn’t trust a word that comes out of his mouth.
So you would be a 'no' vote on the 'Aker for Coach' option then? 😎

Aka's problem as far as getting good coaching gigs etc is his outspokeness/personality but IMO he does know footy pretty well. We were definitely outcoached on the weekend and it's far from the first time it has happened.

I'm in the camp that Aker is just full of it except in this instance I hear the same thing from other supporters who've been in footy a long time.

Maybe they're all at least partly wrong.

When you're winning the coaching doesn't matter that much but when you don't deliver on expectations it's all on the coach (s)

This is the same for any sporting coach. Just ask some of the greatest caddies in the golf about the low points when their charge couldn't deliver. Seen some brutal sackings there.

I really like 3KZ.

He fronted up after the Melbourne game plenty of times.

There's hardly anyone on these threads from time to time and I welcome all opinions.

We need more people to come on here. It's just the same old most of the time.

3KZ at least sparks reactions. A lot of people just agree with each other and have an in house put down of the ones they dislike.

I really like 3KZ.

There's hardly anyone on these threads from time to time and I welcome all opinions.

3KZ at least sparks reactions. A lot of people just agree with each other and have an in house put down of the ones they dislike.

I like 3KZ too, and I agree he fronted up after the Melbourne game.

For my take, it's not the difference of opinion which gets under the skin of posters here, I'm sure most posters on the board have no issues with opinions that are different from theirs, it's the continuous derogatory and condescending way those opinions are voiced that rankles others. It's totally disrespectful to servants of the club who have taken us from an absolute laughing stock to a regular finals contender.

For my take, it's not the difference of opinion which gets under the skin of posters here, I'm sure most posters on the board have no issues with opinions that are different from theirs, it's the continuous derogatory and condescending way those opinions are voiced that rankles others. It's totally disrespectful to servants of the club who have taken us from an absolute laughing stock to a regular finals contender.
Agree 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like 3KZ.

wait a minute
Are you Lester 😂

I really like 3KZ.

I like you too because you know what you are talking about, based upon years of watching and thinking about the game. Well there’s that and the fact that you seem like a good bloke.

I like you too because you know what you are talking about, based upon years of watching and thinking about the game. Well there’s that and the fact that you seem like a good bloke.

I'm a good bloke too.....

So are the people who work at the club that got us to within a goal of a premiership last year........

I’ve bolded the players I love and respect, plus given them all a love index rating. I probably wouldn’t countenance dropping the bolded players, but all players need to be made to fight for their spot or at the very least understand that eventually the mulligans have to stop. The fact that many on that list are on ‘cruise control’ or are going backwards is down to the coach for mine.

Andrews 10/10
Bailey 9/10

Berry 6/10
Cameron 8/10
Daniher 10/10
Dunkley 8/10

Hipwood 5/10
McCarthy 10/10
McCluggage 9/10

McInerney 6/10
Neale 10/10
Rayner 4/10
Starcevich 5/10
Wilmot 9/10

I'm a good bloke too.....

So are the people who work at the club that got us to within a goal of a premiership last year........
I actually think you are a good bloke. I love your posting.

Do you think Prior, Madden, Lyons, Lester, Fort, Robertson, Robinson, Mathieson and a couple of others think Fagan is a good bloke or a fair bloke or doing a good job?

I’ve bolded the players I love and respect, plus given them all a love index rating. I probably wouldn’t countenance dropping the bolded players, but all players need to be made to fight for their spot or at the very least understand that eventually the mulligans have to stop. The fact that many on that list are on ‘cruise control’ or are going backwards is down to the coach for mine.

Andrews 10/10
Bailey 9/10

Berry 6/10
Cameron 8/10
Daniher 10/10
Dunkley 8/10

Hipwood 5/10
McCarthy 10/10
McCluggage 9/10

McInerney 6/10
Neale 10/10
Rayner 4/10
Starcevich 5/10
Wilmot 9/10

I don't disagree with a lot of those tbh. I wouldn't rate them as low as you, but most supporters would be on the same page.

But it's not about mulligans, it's about knowing what your end objective is & what is the best way to get there, I just think the people at the club have more experience in today's day & age getting the best out of professional athletes than what you do.

It's not the 1970's, giving sprays & dropping half the team, doing 'mouthguard in' training sessions after a big loss etc.

The people at the club aren't dills. No one who has failed to break into our seniors before being delisted has turned out to be the next Michael Voss or Leigh Matthews.

There's no middle ground between expert and having no idea for someone who hasn't been part of an afl setup for close to 20 years?
Mate he is definitely an expert. Experts don’t always get it right, there are some who have more experience than others, there are some experts that you listen to over others but make no mistake, Aker is an expert.

I don't disagree with a lot of those tbh. I wouldn't rate them as low as you, but most supporters would be on the same page.

But it's not about mulligans, it's about knowing what your end objective is & what is the best way to get there, I just think the people at the club have more experience in today's day & age getting the best out of professional athletes than what you do.

It's not the 1970's, giving sprays & dropping half the team, doing 'mouthguard in' training sessions after a big loss etc.

The people at the club aren't dills. No one who has failed to break into our seniors before being delisted has turned out to be the next Michael Voss or Leigh Matthews.
But that's what I did with the U12's and we cruised to an 85 point victory! ;)

Sand dune hill repeats with no water...... We'll turn these 11 year olds into men yet.
Yep. We kicked 12.23.95. Not happy with the wayward kicking, so this week at training they'll be having shots at goal wearing 2kg ankle weights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back