Remove this Banner Ad

Doctor Jolly

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 28, 2006
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Sydney had a a tough early draw. They played Mike Shehans flag pick away, Last years grand finalist at home, a team looking hot for 2008 away, and next week host the premiers of 2006 which looks more like a win than anything.
They should be 3-1 with the one loss by 2 points.

"Young" guns looking great. I use the term in quotes because our young players are mostly in the early 20's, having served a good apprenciship previously.
Hall looks far better than he did in 2006, and we have Everitt, Davis and Malceski to come back into that side.

Sydney had a a tough early draw. They played Mike Shehans flag pick away, Last years grand finalist at home, a team looking hot for 2008 away, and next week host the premiers of 2006 which looks more like a win than anything.
They should be 3-1 with the one loss by 2 points.

"Young" guns looking great. I use the term in quotes because our young players are mostly in the early 20's, having served a good apprenciship previously.
Hall looks far better than he did in 2006, and we have Everitt, Davis and Malceski to come back into that side.

We are OK Dr.

Sydney are a hard team to beat easily because we give 95% ish effort all the time and we know how to tackle. I am slightly surprised at how well we have gone - Moore kicking a goal on the run would have got us home in round 1 and we would be 3/3. Don't forget the Saints kicked 2 goals in the last 3 quarters against us.

Swans young blokes - Moore, Jack, Barlow, Grundy are doing well - the next 4 weeks will be the test, as it will for all sides.

Not really.

Sydney are always going to be competitive.

Don't think they will ever be quite as good as they were in 2005 and 2006, but they are still one of the hardest sides to beat on their day.

Top 4 chance, but I think will finish 6-8.

Not surprised at all. Tipped them today simply because of their record at the Gabba.
I think they'll finish around the same as last year. Who knows though.

Only time I wont be tipping the swans is against the pies :D

IMHO There is a train of thought that they have the most techinically astute and innovative coach in the league (Paul Roos)

Having said that, they are a bit boring and frustraiting to watch at times ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows that your smart. the Swans were shockingly bad against Collingwood last year.

Totally agree. There are 3 games I dont expect to win this year. Hold little hope in fact. Geelong at Skilled, and Collingwood anywhere.

Although the pies have run us off our feet in the midfield in recent years, if the current midfield plays throughout the year, we may make some inroads into the pies hold over us.

Since Paul Roos has taken over as coach I couldnt be more proud of this team and think it stacks up to any other in the comp over the same period. Not heaps of talent but total endeavour. Rarely get thrashed and play finals every year.

Tough as nails, uncompromising and hard at every contest. :thumbsu:

Wish that some people could see the team as what they are and have some respect for a team that always gives it all rather than wasting time with cheap shots (usually after the have gotten beaten)

Game tonight was a cracker. Preferred that game over cellar dwellars circle work. Swans had a ton of possessions and should have won by more but Bradshaw kept them in it. Great game:thumbsu:

Bit early to make any predictions after 3 rounds - anything could happen to any team as yet. Only prediction I would make at the moment is for Carlton and Melbourne to finish bottom 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back