News “Freo in Gun over Harrassment Allegations”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d speculate it was the guy who didn’t do a press conference yesterday as he was deep in meetings given this was going to break.
This. Thought it was dealt with and done and dusted though.
There is a five week old thread on the scandal board that suggests that.
Yep. Probably best to leave it there.

“The AFL notes that the person has strongly denied the allegation and welcomes an investigation into the complaint and will fully co-operate,” the spokesperson said at the time.

An AFL spokesperson said last night: “The process was completed to the AFL’s satisfaction some months ago, and the AFL has imposed no sanction.”
Sounds like it's cool.

If you've got a complaint of this nature, how about seeing it through, rather than taking the money, then becoming a hashtag.

The most pertinent part is ofcourse most of the way down the article in true witch hunting style.

“The AFL notes that the person has strongly denied the allegation and welcomes an investigation into the complaint and will fully co-operate,” the spokesperson said at the time.

An AFL spokesperson said last night: “The process was completed to the AFL’s satisfaction some months ago, and the AFL has imposed no sanction.”

"The accounts department told the journalist who flew over to get the scoop a month ago that the travel expense would be hard to claim if there wasn't something printed." - Taylor Black, writing for the Bigfooty Bullshit

When the report won't name the official and states they were cleared, no sanctions required but still gets run with, it's a slow news day.

It's literally a story of nothing. Wind blew over bin a month ago but we are all ok now.

I don’t want to negate how serious these allegations are, and they should be followed up and acted upon to the hilt, but given the timelines described, why now is it pressing enough to be released to the media instead of earlier ? Is there anything else announced in the last few days that it would be preferred that no one focuses on , or has their attention diverted from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the confirmation of the deal.

"The accounts department told the journalist who flew over to get the scoop a month ago that the travel expense would be hard to claim if there wasn't something printed." - Taylor Black, writing for the Bigfooty Bullshit

When the report won't name the official and states they were cleared, no sanctions required but still gets run with, it's a slow news day.

It's literally a story of nothing. Wind blew over bin a month ago but we are all ok now.

Unjustified allegations can do unfair damage to some men, yet the lesson of #metoo is it’s only by airing allegations that many victims have the confidence to come forward.

I’m led to believe the Herald Sun have been on the phone everyday to W.A trying to squeeze info out of prominent W.A journalists and footy figures.

Clearly they have found nothing and instead, have released a s**t article that takes us on a merry-go round of (in Ross language) Rumour and Innuendo.

The key “fact” here is the AFL have looked at it and decided it’s bullshit. With their stance on equality it could’ve been an opportunity for the AFL to take a tough stance and make an example of this figure. They didn’t so nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we know it was Lyon. Dude has seemed super chilled this year not like a guy who is potentially going to lose his position and family.

How do we know it was Lyon. Dude has seemed super chilled this year not like a guy who is potentially going to lose his position and family.
Not saying it is him but that could just be the Lyon persona.
His last year at St Kilda was spent under huge financial stress and he didn't miss a beat either.

I’m led to believe the Herald Sun have been on the phone everyday to W.A trying to squeeze info out of prominent W.A journalists and footy figures.

Clearly they have found nothing and instead, have released a s**t article that takes us on a merry-go round of (in Ross language) Rumour and Innuendo.

The key “fact” here is the AFL have looked at it and decided it’s bullshit. With their stance on equality it could’ve been an opportunity for the AFL to take a tough stance and make an example of this figure. They didn’t so nothing to see here.

Have you seen the AFL investigation? I’m wondering your basis for saying the allegations are “bullshit”. No sanction from the AFL is not an acquittal.
Meanwhile, we know there was some kind of a deal to resolve the issue.
Incidentally, this week in Melbourne a deal was revealed to have been done by the former leader of the Greens to silence an accuser. He paid out 50 grand, got her to sign a no guilt deal.

Given the fact that he hasn't immediately been stood down you'd think that the club either reckons there's nothing to it or it's something so minor that they thought they could sort it out behind closed doors. If it was something major I doubt any club would attempt to hush it up-not in this day and age.
Except the article implies that the club had a plan B for the position. Doesn't sound like they thought it was that minor.

I remember a few years ago at the Doig, Lyon finished off his speech with an apology to his wife. Maybe that and his serial offending (obviously assuming) are related?

I find it hard to believe it's Lyon though. I think he is level headed enough, like the majority of us older blokes, to concede that our looks have deteriorated substantially that our chances with the younger ladies are well and truly gone. Could it be some other high figure in the club?

What is it then?

Maybe they decided it was a false accusation.
Maybe they backed away due to:
- Lack of evidence.
- They lack powers for a full investigation
- They were happy to leave the investigation as a sufficient warning.
- Or maybe it was a sham investigation.

I dunno, but the AFL isn’t a court, it’s a vested interest and ATM their process is under wraps.

Sounds like a beat up to me, when did putting the hard word on become harassment?
When a senior official in an organization targets a junior employee.
Not saying that's what happened but that is considered harassment.

Ah yes, the media being gravediggers again it seems. The wording in that article is disgusting.

On another note this is why my father doesn't employ people with soft utensil mentalities aged 27 and under. You never know how much the online world has crippled their interpretation and understanding of how the real world works. "Sexual harassment"

Ah yes, the media being gravediggers again it seems. The wording in that article is disgusting.

On another note this is why my father doesn't employ people with soft utensil mentalities aged 27 and under. You never know how much the online world has crippled their interpretation and understanding of how the real world works. "Sexual harassment"
TBF that lady don't even had a utensil , how can you described her of having soft utensil mentality. Maybe the person is not Ross but somebody else .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back