AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Give him some ******* midfield minutes already.
I think the idea of holding off kids in safer positions is good most of the time, it's pretty clear he's above that and could be ultilising his run and carry through the middle of the ground through handball receives and hit ups on the lead. Fitness doesn't seem to be an issue either, he runs out games beautifully, you can see him wanting to impose himself further up the ground and has to end up holding back a bit.

Well played tonight. His hesitation to tackle Martin in the middle of the ground in the third quarter was disappointing although he made up for it with some clutch marking in the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played tonight. His hesitation to tackle Martin in the middle of the ground in the third quarter was disappointing although he made up for it with some clutch marking in the last.

I actually thought he anticipated the fend off, tried to grab the arm (which forces a quick kick usually) but missed.

Good thought process, but knowing how to stop Martin and actually doing it are different things. He'll learn from it though, I'm sure :)

I agree. McNiece and McKenna in our backline, unleash McGrath in the midfield at least for a portion of the game to see how our midfield improves. Those quick hands will be very handy there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back