Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

You just get the feeling that some time this season Bolton will roll the dice with Silvagni & I am confident that if he does, Silvagni won't look out of place at AFL level.
I think everyone's looking forward to seeing him play - Bolts should have to name him at some point in the season. If plays anything like Steven or Sergio then there should definitely be a spot for him at AFL level.

Surname aside, from what I have seen this kid has what it takes. Smart footballer.

Of course he seems to have inherited his old man's desperation and courage. That is great but needs to be tempered to avoid catastrophic punishment

Disappointing if true.

If he's playing well in the magoos, why shouldn't he be picked? We made a big deal about the rookies having 'no ceiling' in The Journey, I'd be very disappointed if they've put a ceiling on the lad.
Continuing the metaphor , I'd say it's less about putting a ceiling on him and more about making sure he has a solid floor on which to base his debut. He needs more fitness at the very least.

Continuing the metaphor , I'd say it's less about putting a ceiling on him and more about making sure he has a solid floor on which to base his debut. He needs more fitness at the very least.
So there were ceilings for some? If that's the reason then fair enough. It just goes against the big speech we made public early on.

Bullshit. Didnt realise the VFL was an under 16's competition.

Darcy Parish is playing okay and that kid looks like he'd be able to walk sideways through prinson bars

You think you know more than the club's fitness/medical staff?
Jack has been managed through every game he has played this year, and rested often.
Yesterday he played about 60-70% game time.
Third quarter he was off about 50% of the time.
He was getting hammy/thigh treatment constantly at the breaks, and recently had a thigh injury.
And Bolts talks about how the kid is growing into his body and needs to learn about his body.
Club are managing him really well. Clearly they feel he needs to be carefully managed at this stage.

I cannot comment on Darcy and don't care anyhow.

Bullshit. Didnt realise the VFL was an under 16's competition.

Darcy Parish is playing okay and that kid looks like he'd be able to walk sideways through prinson bars

Probably need to use a better example of a club who can use professional player welfare and development strategies than the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely no rush with Silvagni.
As with Mckay, another few days and we would be looking at drafting him this year.

It's not until you get close to him to see just how immature a body he has.
The fact he's performing well against men right now, albeit through managed workloads, should only hold him in good stead going forward.

Definitely no rush with Silvagni.
As with Mckay, another few days and we would be looking at drafting him this year.

It's not until you get close to him to see just how immature a body he has.
The fact he's performing well against men right now, albeit through managed workloads, should only hold him in good stead going forward.

Sort of works out well.
At the risk of going early, I suspect 2016 might be Walker's last, and if he plays the remaining games he will crack 200 and get his name up in the club's hallway.
All the while Jack is working on his body and game, and then in the off season can chose if he wants to take jumper no.1 or leave that to his brother Ben, who from what I have heard around the traps is an even better prospect than Jack.
So Tex gets to 200 and retires in style, which paves the way for the freeing up / handover of the historic no.1 jumper handover.

So Tex gets to 200 and retires in style, which paves the way for the freeing up / handover of the historic no.1 jumper handover.

I'd like to think Silvagni doesn't get the #1 jumper.
The romance is nice and he really looks like he'll make a player......but why the extra burden of carrying the #1.

I know that alone doesn't mean much but he may feel it does. There's enough pressure on him already.....Who cares for a silly number?

You think you know more than the club's fitness/medical staff?
Jack has been managed through every game he has played this year, and rested often.
Yesterday he played about 60-70% game time.
Third quarter he was off about 50% of the time.
He was getting hammy/thigh treatment constantly at the breaks, and recently had a thigh injury.
And Bolts talks about how the kid is growing into his body and needs to learn about his body.
Club are managing him really well. Clearly they feel he needs to be carefully managed at this stage.

I cannot comment on Darcy and don't care anyhow.
This is the same staff who are playing Walker so, yeah I think i'd do a little bit of a better job.

The romance is nice and he really looks like he'll make a player......but why the extra burden of carrying the #1.

I know that alone doesn't mean much but he may feel it does. There's enough pressure on him already.....Who cares for a silly number?

Yes agree totally but my point is more the fact that the opportunity may well present . Up to Javk if he takes it and I can see why he wouldn't

But then sibling rivalry may come into it

I disagree it's just a silly number though

That number is a huge part of the history of the club

Maybe the club leave that number free for a number of years and if either boy decides they feel confident enough to want it then they can take it

I don't know. In the end it'll be up to him and I am sure he will get good advice about the choice

Maybe ...

Jack 2
Ben 22

I dont know. Apparently, according to Fev, a couple of years ago he was being show about the club and told Walker thatnwhen he gets drafted he'd have to hand the number over... I'm sure it was just shits and giggles though.

I'm fine with Jack not debuting at all this year, same with McKay. Both are project players and are still to raw and physically underdeveloped to be playing seniors atm. We don't want a Jack Watts type scenario.

I'd let them develop in the 2's but some size on in the off season, then have another look next year.

I feel supporters with Big Harry in particular will be too impatient with him, and he will get criticised like Hawkins did for the early part of his career if he's not kicking goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back