Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

If reports that he's nowhere near it are accurate and we're not going to play him, I'd take 16 in a heartbeat.

He looked ready to play at the end of the season, but we were pushing for finals and there was no one in defence that you would drop. I was thinking he would slot in with Kelly out (maybe Gleeson playing Kelly role and Francis on the third tall/intercepting)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The club is not willingly putting him up on the trade table. Francis is seeking a trade

I'm not saying they have - I am hoping behind closed doors that they are doing their very best to convince him to stay (don't take that to mean I have any evidence to the contrary).

Today's entire trade talk summary is dedicated to Aaron Francis probably not going anywhere
Adelaide List Manager Justin Reid on Bomber Aaron Francis:
“He’s a contracted player at Essendon.
“I’ve spoken to Adrian Dodoro at the Essendon Football Club and my understanding is he is a required player.
“We certainly tracked him for two or three years leading into his draft year, so we know a lot about Aaron.
“Obviously a lot of that information we’ve got on file and he’s a lovely kid so we’ll see where things play out."

Port Adelaide General Manager of Football Chris Davies on Bomber Aaron Francis:
"Players who are talented and South Australian and want to come home, you’re interested in.
"But I think it's reasonable to suggest right now, with Aaron having a couple of years left on his contract at Essendon, that will be a really tough one to get done.
"And Essendon have obviously got some other priorities at this point, and that's more than fair."
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-10-13/trade-talk-october-13

Looks like Port Adelaide is more interested than the Crows, but they don't have the picks, and there isn't a lot of time to wheel and deal because we're busy with the other stuff.

See I read that as Crows are keen but Port can’t get him
They're both doing the contracted player thing, but Port are more like 'we are interested', whereas I read Adelaide as 'yeah, we've heard of him'. I guess in Adelaide's case it depends on the Bryce Gibbs stuff. If that gets done their draft position will be similar to Port's.

They're both doing the contracted player thing, but Port are more like 'we are interested', whereas I read Adelaide as 'yeah, we've heard of him'. I guess in Adelaide's case it depends on the Bryce Gibbs stuff. If that gets done their draft position will be similar to Port's.
That is exactly what I took out of that chat. Only Adelaide list manager was keeping his cards closer to his chest, or so it seemed

My gut feel is that both teams are happy to explore this again in twelve months time. Essendon are probably asking for a fair bit - I'd assume that we'd want a first round pick - and it is really unclear whether Francis can make the grade. Come back in twelve months and the price probably won't be any higher even if Francis makes gains during the year.

My gut feel is that both teams are happy to explore this again in twelve months time. Essendon are probably asking for a fair bit - I'd assume that we'd want a first round pick - and it is really unclear whether Francis can make the grade. Come back in twelve months and the price probably won't be any higher even if Francis makes gains during the year.

Im locking in the rising star/brownlow double.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Francis is gone! 90percent sure its to Adelaide Crows and not Port. I heard the interviews today that Lore quoted and they are frothing for him in SA.
Apparently Francis blew the intercepts marks stats out of the water in his u18s years. So makes perfect sense he drops straight in Lever pos when fit

Adelaide and Essendon cant say bo peep about the francis deal because they are screwing down on Carlton & WBD respectively.

So this is how it needs to happen, deals will happen in this order!

EFC & GC - Saad
EFC & WBD - Stringer for our left over slops
AFC & CARL - Gibbs
AFC & BRIS - Cameron
AFC & EFC - Francis

SMOKEY -
KENNEDY to EFC if Carlton stall anymore! Apparently they are faaar apart atm.

Adelaide and Essendon cant say bo peep about the francis deal because they are screwing down on Carlton & WBD respectively.

So this is how it needs to happen, deals will happen in this order!

EFC & GC - Saad
EFC & WBD - Stringer for our left over slops
AFC & CARL - Gibbs
AFC & BRIS - Cameron
AFC & EFC - Francis

SMOKEY -
KENNEDY to EFC if Carlton stall anymore! Apparently they are faaar apart atm.
The smokey sounds good. I'd love that simply for the Carten spite. Three way split, Adelaide, Essendon and GWS? I don't know who has what so I cbf working out the intricacies.

Francis is gone! 90percent sure its to Adelaide Crows and not Port. I heard the interviews today that Lore quoted and they are frothing for him in SA.
Apparently Francis blew the intercepts marks stats out of the water in his u18s years. So makes perfect sense he drops straight in Lever pos when fit
There is very little out there to suggest they are 'frothing' for him.

Hi guys- Port and the Crows always compete for homecomings... not sure if either will take this year though. They will be in his ear for the next two years but. where do you see his value next year, higher or lower?

Hi guys- Port and the Crows always compete for homecomings... not sure if either will take this year though. They will be in his ear for the next two years but. where do you see his value next year, higher or lower?
Depends on Aaron. He has committed himself to returning fitter next year and it will be all up to him.

So he is a bit of a fatty then??
He is probably a little lazy and still needs to work on his fitness to run out games at AFL level. If he can do that his value will rise, if it doesn't it could well drop even further so it is all unto him, he certainly has a lot of talent fitness is holding him back at this point though

He is probably a little lazy

In an elite environment like the Essendon Football club, every part of the club from the gear stewards to physio staff, the club captain, the CEO and the coach and everyone else needs to show extremely high standards of professionalism at all times.

In this context, no amount of lazy is acceptable. This behaviour needs to be called out.

If Francis remains at EFC for next year, he had better turn back up to training in the best shape of his life or else he may never ever play another game of AFL in his life...

In an elite environment like the Essendon Football club, every part of the club from the gear stewards to physio staff, the club captain, the CEO and the coach and everyone else needs to show extremely high standards of professionalism at all times.

In this context, no amount of lazy is acceptable. This behaviour needs to be called out.

If Francis remains at EFC for next year, he had better turn back up to training in the best shape of his life or else he may never ever play another game of AFL in his life...

Yet on the trade thread you are calling out Dodoro for not making trading in Stringer our priority. Stringer is being booted for his poor professional standards in the last two years.

Francis was fit enough by the end of the season, he just put himself behind the eight ball through poor maintenance over Christmas which was then compounded by preseason injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back