Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

File this one under pre-season boredom/over analysis.

I'm surprised by how tall Francis looks in some of the footage/photographs.

Maybe he is a genuine 193cm/KPP size now.

And yet I'm 185cm (w/o shoes) and at the Crichton Medal it wasn't clear that he was taller than me. There is no chance that he is 193cm.

Though to be fair the height of footballers seem to often be misleading. Hurley and Goddard are both supposed to be 193cm and neither is likely. Hurley is certainly taller than Francis though.

In a faraway ideal world he'd be our future big bodied mid. But it won't be next year other than a taster here and there.

I think he will get his first chance as a defender but for now, ideally, Hooker would be our rock in defence whilst Francis uses his match-winning potential as a forward.

Despite Hookers goal kicking issues, the forward line did function well last season so I don't see Hooker being moved back on a permanent basis. Francis played back most of last season so while I can see him being thrown around if he stays at VFL level, there's no place for him there in the firsts.

Hurley, Hartley, Ambrose, Bags, Saad in for McGrath, Francis in for Kelly rotating with Goddard for spells in the midfield.

I am 207cm and Francis had me by a ginger follicle. There's something going on with this lad's height.
kevin-hart-air-jordan-1-bred-platform-shoes-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Crow singled out Francis as one that he was impressed with up in NT.

Keep going son.

I hope he was being Genuine & he does look to have trimmed down a bit. I do however think that the media department have clear instructions to pump his tyres up this preseason after his disappointing year.

I agree though, keep going son! We’re all rooting for you.

I hope he was being Genuine & he does look to have trimmed down a bit. I do however think that the media department have clear instructions to pump his tyres up this preseason after his disappointing year.

I agree though, keep going son! We’re all rooting for you.
Was it really that bad?

I think, generally speaking, we’re over reacting to Francis

Was it really that bad?

yep.
We have Langford from a year earlier who played just as much VFL.
Redman continues to develop.

I think the fear is that all the naysayers may be right. even though he has a good 10+ years of a career in front of him.

people need to relax.

Was it really that bad?

I think it's a bit of both. The public is overreacting but all in all it was still a pretty disappointing year for him.
We all came into the season hoping he would achieve 10-15 seniors games & he didn't even come close.

I'm not worried about where he's at & he's trending in the right direction now so I'm happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back