Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

From the previous page I doubt anyone would be shitty with him for taking on another job. But I reckon there would be a fair few players lining up in the VFL side that would be pissed if Francis played round 1 vs Adelaide.

Needs to earn his spot through the VFL now.
earn shmearn.
if he's ready and best 22, VFL stint or not he plays.

I wonder if he would consider coaching my D-grade bball team at MSAC? We recently had a solid end of season trip he could’ve come to.

Doing part time works and is coaching basketball which he’s enjoying

Yeah Francis ain’t coming back which is a shame

jZpE5.gif

Is it fair to say that after what Josh Green did on the weekend and what has happened with Francis that the club will be done with recruiting rangas?

They are more of a scourge than pokie machines.

Yeah I know, Darren Bewick - he was the pokie equivalent of winning the jackpot though and how often does that happen?
Na I think you might find that by the end of the year the club may be done recruiting South Australians.

Hoping he can quickly get up to speed with the game - I want him in the team because he's hard at the ball, which is a weakness in the team - I'm not interested in flashy bits of play.

Na I think you might find that by the end of the year the club may be done recruiting South Australians.
Yep, even when we get the good ones they don't stick around!

That's the other thing with Francis is that if he does start playing really good consistent footy at the top level will he still want to go home? Hopefully not as if so I suspect we would be lucky to get back what he is worth. I guess all the club can do is point out that his health and welfare need to come first and not to apply any pressure on him but just mention we used a really high draft pick on him and that he would be a really bad person if he were to not stay here for his whole career.

But yep, I agree not more South Aussies. Wanganeen leaving was worse than when I got dumped by my girl friend who I loved in 1996, Hardwick (actually was he from SA?) although that was salary cap pressure I think, Josh Jenkis (actually I think we traded him :( and also the best player that has ever played the game in Angus Monfries, who now plays AFL W I think.

We should stick to recruiting West Aussies. Even when we mistakenly think the A graders are plodders and try to get rid of them they wont go i.e. Hooker. It's just geographically too far for that trip home.

The only other places (apart from Victoria) we should recruit from are Tasmania (in the event the AFL decide to help them out rather than using them as organ donors) the Tiwi Islands, Canberra (James Hird) and Canada.

Actually we should only recruit players that were born in Canada, as according to my research every single player we have ever recruited from Canada has won the Norwich rising star.

Last edited:
Hoping he can quickly get up to speed with the game - I want him in the team because he's hard at the ball, which is a weakness in the team - I'm not interested in flashy bits of play.
Yep he is definitely more of the old fashioned type of player but a bit strong bloke that can take a great mark and do the inspirational/explosive stuff is like having a boosting power from Mario Kart!!

It if all comes together he will be a big moment player too, which is invaluable.

Anyway his progress is serving as a good anti-depressant re the injury to Gleeson. May it continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking about putting him Captain of my Supercoach team -- thoughts?

I couldn't see a Supercoach thread so thought I'd post in here.

lol.

You would need a change of direction in his career for that to work, like with the bounce of the ball in the drawn grand final:)

Sure, load up, and get in early.

Yep, even when we get the good ones they don't stick around!

That's the other thing with Francis is that if he does start playing really good consistent footy at the top level will he still want to go home? Hopefully not as if so I suspect we would be lucky to get back what he is worth. I guess all the club can do is point out that his health and welfare need to come first and not to apply any pressure on him but just mention we used a really high draft pick on him and that he would be a really bad person if he were to not stay here for his whole career.

But yep, I agree not more South Aussies. Wanganeen leaving was worse than when I got dumped by my girl friend who I loved in 1996, Hardwick (actually was he from SA?) although that was salary cap pressure I think, Josh Jenkis (actually I think we traded him :( and also the best player that has ever played the game in Angus Monfries, who now plays AFL W I think.

We should stick to recruiting West Aussies. Even when we mistakenly think the A graders are plodders and try to get rid of them they wont go i.e. Hooker. It's just geographically too far for that trip home.

The only other places (apart from Victoria) we should recruit from are Tasmania (in the event the AFL decide to help them out rather than using them as organ donors) the Tiwi Islands, Canberra (James Hird) and Canada.

Actually we should only recruit players that were born in Canada, as according to my research every single player we have ever recruited from Canada has won the Norwich rising star.
But on the other side none of the WA boys have wanted to go back to WA, even Ryder didn't go back.

Bullish on him?

Think he can go top 5 in your b&f?
Think he can go top 5 in the Brownlow.

Post a screenshot of your SC team after round 1 so we can see how well your team did with Francis as captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back