Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see him named but suspect it'll be another game or 2 until he gets a start, let him keep working on his tank.
There has been quite a bit of fluff about him this week so hopefully that means he comes in.
I'd like to see him play Brisbane this week then back to the VFL the following. We need to get as much football into this guy as possible.

I suspected he would just miss out. They would have flat out named him if he was going to play. Not to worry. He will be back sooner than later.

Brown named in starting 18.

Francis on extended bench.

setting-fire-to-things.gif
Nailed it

He earned a spot. He deserved a spot. Forced changes made a spot available to him. The opponent was perfectly suited. He had a week to recover after a senior game due to the bye.

I'm sure there is a very good reason he wasn't picked... but I don't know what it is.

Watch us make him travel as emergency and not get a gig.

So is he going to be the travelling emergency?

If he doesn't play it would be a waste of a chance to further improve his fitness in the VFL.

Would be stupid if he did travel and not play. VFL has a bye next week as well so that would be 2 weeks with no game.

He takes this one of two ways, he either cracks the shits or goes 'Ok if what I'm doing now gets me within a bees dick I've got to put in 10% more to get me over the hump'

As others have said, if he's the travelling emergency and doesn't play I'll cry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure the club do the teams on like Wednesday or something, the players would all know whether they're playing or emergency and whether they're travelling or not, before an extended bench is revealed. Being named as an emergency is a significant step for Francis anyway.

He takes this one of two ways, he either cracks the shits or goes 'Ok if what I'm doing now gets me within a bees dick I've got to put in 10% more to get me over the hump'

As others have said, if he's the travelling emergency and doesn't play I'll cry
Wat?

He took time out voluntarily to deal with issues! You think he could maybe be that entitled that getting pumped up by the club and being clearly very close is not good enough?

That would be... bizarre in the extreme

Didn't stay past half time but his first half of football was excellent bar one brain fade where he was caught holding the ball. Leaping at everything and marking at will. Field kicking was even more impressive for me, typified by a 50m kick to Stewart on the lead. A class above is an understatement, keeping him in the VFL is bringing a gun to a knife fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back