Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouldn't be a problem for him to kick 3 times as many goals in one year than he's previously kicked in six.
When he switched forward this year after missing a chunk of games and not playing forward in about 4 years, he had 8 scoring shots from 5 games. So if he works on conversion and plays 22 games he should do it easily.

Im not sure that will be enough to keep him getting a game with what little he offers from a pressure stand point and other categories ect
After his first game forward he averaged 1.5 contested marks, 3 inside 50s and 5 score involvements a game. That’s pretty impactful.

Even if by some miracle he's able to discover where the goals are, he's a massive liability in forward pressure. Like I said, an opposition coach would put his most attacking defender on him.

Last edited:
Even if by some miracle he's able to discover where the goals are, he's a massive liability in forward pressure. Like I said, an opposition coach would put his most attacking defender on him.
Is he compared to Wright, Hooker or Jones? Are we rating his forward pressure by KP or smalls scales?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he compared to Wright, Hooker or Jones? Are we rating his forward pressure by KP or smalls scales?
Wright and Hooker aren't intrinsically great at pressure but they have a significant capacity to hurt you on the scoreboard if you ignore them.

Francis will struggle to run two ways after quarter time but he won't even do any significant damage running the only way he can.

Wright scored nearly as many goals in one game that Francis has his career.

Francis kicked 2 goals in 5 games

Wright 29 from 21 games

Hooker 33 from 18 games

H.Jones 20 from 16

But yeh your also comparing him to a guy retired, a guy who couldn't get a game for Gold Coast and a guy who debuted this year

Obviously he plays much higher and fwiw I have him in the best side starting and also think he offers something different to HJ and Wright.

Francis kicked 2 goals in 5 games

Wright 29 from 21 games

Hooker 33 from 18 games

H.Jones 20 from 16

But yeh your also comparing him to a guy retired, a guy who couldn't get a game for Gold Coast and a guy who debuted this year

Obviously he plays much higher and fwiw I have him in the best side starting and also think he offers something different to HJ and Wright.
He had 7 shots in his last 4 games. He obviously needs to improve the accuracy, but is creating the chances. 1.75 shots a game puts him between Wright and Jones.

He had 7 shots in his last 4 games. He obviously needs to improve the accuracy, but is creating the chances. 1.75 shots a game puts him between Wright and Jones.
Oh yes. Another thing he's terrible at. Accuracy.

It's amazing really. Francis has shown himself to be one tenth the player Wright is and Wright's no superstar and yet people are sure that any minute now Francis will come out and be a star.

If you're looking for someone to be handy depth then Francis has got you covered. If you're expecting him to fulfill his no 6 draft pick expectations or even just be consistently best 22, that ship has sailed. Lack of killer instinct and lack of tank and lack of KPP height is a bad combo.

Every time he was able to lead up he Looked decent as a forward. When they kicked it on his head he struggled as you would expect. What he did do is give a good contest 90% of the time.
I think he will be fine as a forward.
Time will tell if the likes of Baldwin are good enough to take a forward spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back