Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

MFC: Brayshaw to be monitored

“He has had a number of scans and he has been cleared of any damage.

“He will now be treated for concussion symptoms through the week and be monitored.”

I hope he's rested. Anyone who comes off from a head knock and can't return should have a mandatory week off, but even more important with kids.

I don't reckon he'll play either. I think he was due for a rest at some stage this season, so might as well do it when he's slightly NQR.
I agree that if his neck/head is NQR he won't play, but he has played 4 minutes game time in 2 weeks so I'm thinking he'll be well rested otherwise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get these kids right. I don't believe Brayshaw should have been playing earlier in the year anyway. Just rushed back into the side and clearly wasn't himself.

Don't stuff it Melbourne. Oliver, Viney, Trac and Brayshaw will be scary good TOGETHER in 2018 onwards.

Anyone else here Goody on the weekend?
He said Gus was actually in the reserves because he put on 4 kilos and had to lose weight and be taught better habits

Not suprised.. he looks a lot slower than last year.

I actually thought in the first quarter Sunday he looked really good, then once he got run down everything went down hill

It looked like his confidence dropped away, in the first quarter he looked assured of what he wanted to do but after he was run down he then looked doubtful with footy in hand

Remove this Banner Ad

Back