Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistically agree mate.

But Greene is a more mobile prospect with a nasty edge as mentioned and Luke was always around to harass him.

I rate Sloane but that particular game was just a weird anomaly, our bottom 4 team effectively froze eventual grand finalists out of a half of footy.

The eye test rated today's LMac effort higher.

Also playing mid v Sloan and def v Greene

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But Greene is a more mobile prospect with a nasty edge as mentioned and Luke was always around to harass him.

I rate Sloane but that particular game was just a weird anomaly, our bottom 4 team effectively froze eventual grand finalists out of a half of footy.

Fair enough

Probably splitting hairs anyway.

Hope this is the standard now.

Considering the form Greene has been in and the venue we played at, I rate today’s performance higher as well.
We were on that day in Hobart. Everything clicked and no doubt the group that day rode the momentum to a big win.
Today was about grit and maturity and IMO a much hard task as Greene is one of if not the most damaging mid forward in the game.

He was great today and I have been critical of him . Well done Luke a great game , no stupid frees or moronic efforts 👍.

Maybe it’s the coach that’s changed him or maybe it’s who’s not coaching that has changed him ?

I dunno but keep it going Luke . Not sure though that he should be kicking out from fullback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lockdown defender is THE hardest role in football.
It was the theme of the week.
Nullifying Greene’s influence on the contest. So much of yesterday’s outcome was dependant on what type of game Greene would play.
Obviously Tarrant and Goldi had to cover Cameron and Jacobs, but this was the pivotal contest and Luke was picked for the job and he came through superbly.
He looked fitter too.

It was the theme of the week.
Nullifying Greene’s influence on the contest. So much of yesterday’s outcome was dependant on what type of game Greene would play.
Obviously Tarrant and Goldi had to cover Cameron and Jacobs, but this was the pivotal contest and Luke was picked for the job and he came through superbly.
He looked fitter too.

It will be interesting to see who he gets next week. He doesn't have the wheels for Papley.

It will be interesting to see who he gets next week. He doesn't have the wheels for Papley.
Hayward or Gray. The latter failed to turn it on last year when at Port so maybe the same job again? Not sure who did the role that night but was impressed we kept him goalless.

I was very impressed by Luke yesterday, his best game since the Adelaide demolition in Hobart.

I hope it's a sign of things to come.

I've been critical of Luke but have to give him credit for what he's done in the two games this year.

the flying ham what I mean is that in that extra three minutes of clock time and maybe twice that of real time the gws running or endurance becomes more obvious. It's fairly even most of the time but as the quarter goes on the teams that seem to be full of running are the ones that are actually full of running in that last three minutes. It's the importance of red time goals in a normal season, especially multiple red time goals, that draws attention to the sides that finish with better legs.

Teams that gave good outside setups usually have good endurance runners as well. Whitfield and Kelly for example in the Giants side. Taranto as well when he's fit. So in the 20 minute quarters those players perform better the further the quarter goes into time on.

Someone like Josh Kelly, who I've heard has run a sub 9.30 three km, will have more of an advantage as the game goes on and he spends more time running his opponent into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back