Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine we would have never become the black sheep of the comp had 'that' never happened so critics would have been less judgemental today.
Ergo, credit where it would be due.

Forget about the comp, he'd have to deal with the wowsers entrenched at our own club first.

I could post a truck load of examples to anyone that want's to............."yeah, but not these days", the King.

Martin, Franklin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, he'd tear them all apart.

How cocky were we going to the footy when ‘the king’ was playing.
A conversation about footy with opposition supporters and been told regularly that he was too good.
Those were the days

Disagree. Carey & Ablett would still be dominate. Cousins & Buddy are two others who managed to be outstanding players whilst still having a fair crack socially.

I think it’s more a horses for coarses type thing. Some players need to be cleanskins to get the best out of themselves, others need a bit of freedom to stay committed to the game.
If they adopted the current expectations they probably would.

How cocky were we going to the footy when ‘the king’ was playing.
A conversation about footy with opposition supporters and been told regularly that he was too good.
Those were the days
I remember going to the Round 22 game vs the Dawgs in 98 and fanging out for a dart at half time and running into a Pies supporter at half time.

I remember him saying to me, I wouldn't miss The Greatest lining up in the biggest game of the year for nuffin'. I'll always go to a game that has Carey on the biggest stage."

I've no idea what this relevance has to the thread, but I've had a skinfull of piss.

It's been a good night.

Go Roos!

And didn’t they hate him! It was glorious.
Sure was. I'd have my whole family raining boos and flipping carey off at the footy. I'd just stand up, turn around, arms out, smelling the air. Their hate not only fed carey but it fed me too. It was like a reverse spirit bomb.

I could post a truck load of examples to anyone that want's to............."yeah, but not these days", the King.

Martin, Franklin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, he'd tear them all apart.
Agree he’s the best I’ve ever seen. Has nothing to do with me being a North supporter.

In any era at any time he would still be the best. He was sublime, silky, dominant, precise and an absolute pleasure to watch. He could of played anywhere on the ground with those skills.

Today’s game is different but there’s no doubt in mind that if he was playing today he would dominate as much as he did in the 90’s. Perhaps he may would of had a higher fitness base.

Those skills of his transcend eras.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really needs to show more confidence in his ability to drive through tackles. We saw glimpses last season of Luke shrugging tackles like a hot knife through butter (adelaide game comes to mind). He's a bull with a very strong core. It doesn't matter if he gets caught holding the ball a couple of times a game because when he gets through it opens space and negates the oppositions press. Should be his season. He's flirted with the breakout but we can't have another tease like Ziebell. Time too get to that next level.

Really needs to show more confidence in his ability to drive through tackles. We saw glimpses last season of Luke shrugging tackles like a hot knife through butter (adelaide game comes to mind). He's a bull with a very strong core. It doesn't matter if he gets caught holding the ball a couple of times a game because when he gets through it opens space and negates the oppositions press. Should be his season. He's flirted with the breakout but we can't have another tease like Ziebell. Time too get to that next level.

Not seeing what you are GG.

Luke isn't built like Cunnington or Ziebell..........or Dangerfield, Kennedy, Fyfe, Martin...........or Wines, Cripps, Curnow, Ablett................

He still has a good physical presence for his frame.

Not seeing what you are GG.

Luke isn't built like Cunnington or Ziebell..........or Dangerfield, Kennedy, Fyfe, Martin...........or Wines, Cripps, Curnow, Ablett................

He still has a good physical presence for his frame.
I respect you snake but ii disagree. There were several occasions last season when he took the game on and couldn't be taken down. Several occasions against Adelaide he surged through several tackles. We'll see more of it this year - keep a close eye on him.

Head is too far up his own ass. Been hanging around McMillan for too long.

Doesn’t work hard enough on the track and it’s reflective in the fact that he was blowing half way through the 2nd quarter.

How the * is his fitness not up to standard yet when he has been in the system for 4 years?

Where is Luke McDonald at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back