Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great shot that sums up Lukey

676e617be1925dbb280b87b03d518ee2--rugby-players-kangaroos.jpg
Head over heels in love with North

Pick seven was an absolute steal for this bloke!

This.

When you look at the lottery that the draft is what we got in Luke was a guy who will pour his soul into the club. Played a role from day one. Had senior footy experience. Who plays with his heart on his sleeve.

He'd have been a steal if we'd got him later or the games required to select a Father son was lower and we'd got Kelly as well.

All that is hair splitting though, he loves us, he's living a dream and he knows it.

Last edited:
Pick seven was an absolute steal for this bloke!

Interesting premise now.

Which would you rather?

Boyd? All things equal Luke at this stage as Tom hasn't produced too much to date apart from peaking on grand final day.

Kelly. Well taking out the bias it'd be Josh. But why not have both? ;)

Bontompelli. Let's be real. The malicious one would be first picked on the open market.

Kolodwhatshisname. Dunno.

Scharenberg. Luke as Matthew hasn't got on the park much.

Aish. Luke everyday and twice on Sundays.

Salem. Luke simply because he isn't a kent.

Freeman. See Scharenberg.

Sheed. Dunno couldn't give a funk about eagles players.

Lennon. Ha.

Cripps. There was a point this was heavily weighted towards Cripps but now I'd say objectively it's drawing more level?

There's other good players in the 1st round such as Jones and Acres but noone that makes me think "damn".

So yeh. We did ok. Fair market price you'd probably say.

For those that are old enough to have seen his old man play, remember he use to take forever to take his set shots on goal. With today's 30 sec rule, he wouldn't have kicked as many goals as he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season Luke has become my favourite North player, taken a massive step forward this year, will be up there in our best and fairest

Agree 100%! Looking at LMac currently it's like a New Day. The way some were talking about him in the preseason you'd be forgiven for thinking he was a Deadman. A Simple Boy playing HBF. All I Know now is that he is a Goliath.

Agree 100%! Looking at LMac currently it's like a New Day. The way some were talking about him in the preseason you'd be forgiven for thinking he was a Deadman. A Simple Boy playing HBF. All I Know now is that he is a Goliath.

Haha, very well done.

We Are all very proud of him.

Luke has to have the strongest core at our club.
He doesn't really 'shrug' tackles. He pivots patiently when tackled and stays strong long enough to shake the tackler off. I reckon he did 5 times this day against the hawks.
Has done it a few times this year.......onward and upwrad for Luke McDonald. I hope both his mates play along side him and have long successful careers.

Way he is going he is going to be leading the the breaking tackle count (exaggerating). I believe he was 3rd in the comp or 4th for breaking tackles. Media thought it was Cunnington but were surprised Lmac was above.

SPP and Dusty above him do it with fend offs but he does it with just core strength. Similar to what Judd used to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back