Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread has gone mental he had a slow start to the year but has picked up, he wasn’t an orphan having a quiet one yesterday and we still only lost by 37, as a club this season we’ve been exceptional with our attack on the ball and the man with the ball, he has been massive from that standpoint

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can you imagine this place if we were bottom like many had expected? geez

A narrow ground like Kardinia Park against a side bringing pressure is going to test disposal under pressure. Dumont's miss early in the last was costly - he had to kick a drop punt across his body a bit. I don't think he had time to straighten properly so he made the right choice. So why did he miss? Balance, ball drop? How do the coaches give him feedback on that kick? Do they know what he did wrong?

In golf, basketball, baseball, tennis etc, they use HS video, 3D sensors etc on players in the off season to assess techniques and change them if required. They compare players' 3D etc to the best and adjust through 21 days + of block practice to change habits. We should get the 3D sensors, HS video, ball data of an assett readily available - Boomer Harvey. Get him kicking straight back and through, across his body under pressure, low passes, snaps etc and use that as the bench mark to coach our players better.

I think a lot more could be done in coaching kicking to catch up to other sports. Invest in the technology, it's not that expensive.

He’s such a frustrating player this year but watching him celebrate Ziebell kick the winner like he was just one of us in the stands puts him back in my good books.

Then the important mark at the end helped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s such a frustrating player this year but watching him celebrate Ziebell kick the winner like he was just one of us in the stands puts him back in my good books.

No offense brother but if they want someone to play like s**t, get their kicks smothered and celebrate the game winning goal like they've just discovered the recipe for Coke, they don't need to pay Lukey $250K a year to do it, I'll do it for $100K and I get to keep the jumper

Was he locking down on bont or something - rarely saw either of them.
He certainly wasn't doing that.

He had a bit of Lepinski in the first half and Hunter in the second half as I recall.

Played more 'true wing' for most of the match - a position that he has no natural gifts for.

I know there is a stat for smothers, but I reckon he’d easily be leading a “smothers received” stat if there was one.......slowest ball to boot mechanism is the league
I'm glad someone else has noticed this, i thought it may have just been me. It's one thing to always get it smothered by taking so long on the non preferred side, but when it's constantly happening on your preferred it's a joke.....but hey, he did take a nice mark at the end.....that should be good for another 100 games

No offense brother but if they want someone to play like s**t, get their kicks smothered and celebrate the game winning goal like they've just discovered the recipe for Coke, they don't need to pay Lukey $250K a year to do it, I'll do it for $100K and I get to keep the jumper
Being in my good book just means I won’t slag him off this week... I’ve reserved that for Robbie Kruse this week.

For the record, I would do it for 45K and a Powerade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back