CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Hmmm, I don't know how this can happen? He's been nowhere near his form from last year.
I think last year is taken into account as well, so while he has had a less then perfect start this year he was huge last year which has shot him up to number 1.

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Hmmm, I don't know how this can happen? He's been nowhere near his form from last year.
It takes into account something like his last 40 games over a 2 year period, with the most recent being weighted more than game 39 and 40. So I'm pretty sure what has actually happened, is that he's moved past the games he had out with injury in '17.

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
His last month or so has been massive. Was also very good before that. If everyone prepares like this guy we’d be in a much different spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
This thread is giving me a bad sense of deja vu. Our team sucks, but we're clinging to the performance of our best player to keep our chins up. Very much how I felt as a young kid in the 80's.
Them: "Hey, Melbourne sucks!"
Me: "yeah, well, Brian Wilson/Peter Moore - Brownlow winners!"

stEdy

Team Captain
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd love Viney to step down from the captaincy so he can focus on his game but I feel like would never do that. Keen for Gawn to co-skip with him next year with Jonesy playing on in 2020 but without leadership responsibilities.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
This thread is giving me a bad sense of deja vu. Our team sucks, but we're clinging to the performance of our best player to keep our chins up. Very much how I felt as a young kid in the 80's.
Them: "Hey, Melbourne sucks!"
Me: "yeah, well, Brian Wilson/Peter Moore - Brownlow winners!"
Isn’t it great.

I think this s**t is why I’m a Melbourne supporter. Not for me your routine, boring “yay we are PREMIERS” crap. That’s for ordinary people. I’m a supporter of an atypical club - terrible overall but with spatterings of greatness. Basically a true AFL emotional connoisseur’s choice.

Daemon

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
When does his contract run out? I'm seriously worried the bloke will get sick of propping up the rabble and jump ship to a decent club.

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
When does his contract run out? I'm seriously worried the bloke will get sick of propping up the rabble and jump ship to a decent club.
The only point i can ever see Gawn leaving is like a Goddard like cap issue and the club turfs him or very late in his career to do some mentor role at another club

Top Bottom