Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say Hickey out & out beat Gawn but he did a good job of nullifying Gawn's influence. Remember Gawn did kick two goals.
Agree I rekon they probably broke about even but because of Gawns status everyone has seen that as a win for Hickey

He is a beast. Loved the razz up he gave to the members after kicking a goal too.

Shame he couldn't kick the last one but who gives a ****
Siren blown, * it

The best ruckman of the modern is Dean Cox by quite a margin I'd say. We've seen a hugely sharp trajectory of Gawn's ability this year. Huge tank, hit out beast, crafty taps, contested marking beast, kicking skills ok but above average for a ruckman, consistency this year as his first proper run at senior selection pretty damn good. Not saying he is as good as Cox (and Goldstein still has more credits in the bank), but if he can repeat this kind of performance over a long period of time....fair chance he enters the discussion? His influence on games suggests so to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One other little thing I noticed when watching the highlights (again) ... I love the look of resignation on the faces of Ceglar and McEvoy when Gawn kept on taking huge contested marks over them. They just know he's the king.

One other little thing I noticed when watching the highlights (again) ... I love the look of resignation on the faces of Ceglar and McEvoy when Gawn kept on taking huge contested marks over them. They just know he's the king.
Loved the little bum tap he gave Gibson after giving away a free against the Weed too.

"Sneaky!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back