Autopsy 2021 Rd 22: 14 point win over North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
North could of won this game had they been better in the 1st and 2nd QTR i expect them to move up the ladder in 2022.

Hickey and Parker absolute colossus, Hayward sealed the game late but Papley got us a comfortable lead early on.

Blakey injury looks serious sadly oh special mention to McClean who said dont you dare drop me!

On the down side Florent and Reid were putrid Heeney and Wicks very quiet.

Felt we did just enough for a win and stepped it up in the 4th.

I think 6th is about right to be honest massive improvement but inconsistent.

Yeah, I've defended him this season, because he was really good earlier in the year, but I think it's time to move on from Reid. He's woefully out of form and we're running out of time to play him into form. I'd personally be playing both McLean and Amartey next week to give them both a run before finals.

Funny that only a month ago, people were suggesting McLean is a poor man's Amartey.

Boy that was an unenthusiastic team song. Reckon they know they didn't play as well as they wanted.

Blakey injury really sucks - despite a couple of errors he was one of our best today before the injury.

Still need to work on our four quarter efforts.

Hickey smashed Goldstein.

Just don't seem to have our heads in it completely over the last couple of weeks. Could be the fact we can't really impact our ladder position, could be the distraction of family returning.
I think the first reason is the right one. I expect us to turn it around in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I've defended him this season, because he was really good earlier in the year, but I think it's time to move on from Reid. He's woefully out of form and we're running out of time to play him into form. I'd personally be playing both McLean and Amartey next week to give them both a run before finals.

Funny that only a month ago, people were suggesting McLean is a poor man's Amartey.
McLean has had some good games & some awful games.

Credit where it’s due - today was a good game.

OUT: Blakey, Reid, Rowbottom/Campbell/Florrent
IN: Lloyd, Franklin, Mills

McLean showed more than enough to be the deep forward imo

Dropping Florent and Rowbottom would be silly with our lack of midfield depth and they were a million times better than Melican. I liked Campbell's game. He could be an option to replace Blakey down back

Blakey, Reid, Florent, Wicks out
Lloyd, Franklin, Mills, Warner in

Just don't seem to have our heads in it completely over the last couple of weeks. Could be the fact we can't really impact our ladder position, could be the distraction of family returning.
Remove the family you say?

Doesn't sound like a good day. I did not watch the game but it sounds like we struggled a bit against the 18th place side and we also lost an important player for the finals.
We only played for about 50% of the game. Players obviously struggled for motivation.

Reid was just not good, neither Florent.

The rest were servicable

Midfield balance looked wrong tonight for me. Mills, Warner and a higher game time Rowbottom will help. Like McInerney on the outside at times too.

Thought Hayward stood up as a young leader when we were challenged. Well done.

What a boring game.

North scored a goal in the last minute of every quarter. 🤮

Worst game I’ve ever seen Florent play.

McLean was impressive.

great goal from Errol when it mattered.

Top game from the one time whipping boy Willy Hayward.

Has Paps stolen Buddy’s angry pills?
WTF, man!?

Parker is in the form of his life.

saw Reid in the last and had honestly forgotten he was playing.

So sorry for Blakey. I really like him off the backline. Fingers crossed it’s just a couple of weeks.

This was always gonna be a nothing game. Take the W and on to next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back