Retired #16: Tayte Pears - Has announced his retirement - 8/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the title really deserve an exclamation mark?

I move the exclamation mark be stricken from the record, as it violates the 8th amendment of the US constitution

What exactly is he capable of?
Well here's the thing, he was capable of a lot. Was a smooth mover and punched above his weight (or height) as a defender. Loved to run and bounce and neat skills....Was....

Really took it to Fev several times (love the game at the G Where Fev showed him the ball - missed the goal and was beaten the rest of the entire game by Tayte) who was arguably the best forward in the comp.

If they see any possible way he can return to near those levels then he is absolutely worth keeping over Stein.

Put it this way. Tayte pre-injuries was better than Gwilt (whom I like) by a fair margin.

I know I haven't really said anything and oddly enough I think that best describes this 1 year contract. Club may quote me.

That was in 2009 though, his form 6 years ago is completely irrelevant leading into 2016.

That was in 2009 though, his form 6 years ago is completely irrelevant leading into 2016.

You asked what he was capable of.
Not what's he going to do in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a tall defender (or two) short, any better options other than Brown? Not too fussed he got a year.
Hartley and Uebergang would be as good/better.

Got a better idea? I suppose I could just make some s**t up and post it like it's fact.

Or you could give an educated opinion about what he is capable of based on his past performances in 2009, while also taking into consideration the significant injuries and the amount of missed football between then and 2016. I don't think anyone is asking for a crystal ball reader, just an educated and informed prediction.

Or you could give an educated opinion about what he is capable of based on his past performances in 2009, while also taking into consideration the significant injuries and the amount of missed football between then and 2016. I don't think anyone is asking for a crystal ball reader, just an educated and informed prediction.

I'll give it a go

hes ****ed

Still have belief that he can be a solid contributor when given senior opportunities. Just needs some confidence in his body and a couple of good moments during games - confidence will rise and it will be invaluable.

An educated opinion is still a guess. I don't know what he is capable of in 2016 and I don't see the point in guessing.

What I see is a guy who has never given up despite some incredibly difficult challenges. I'm prepared to back him in as a one year signing as depth and I'm pretty sure the sky will not fall if it doesn't work out. If people want to piss and moan about it that's their prerogative but I prefer to be optimistic at this stage.

Playing for peanuts on a budget rate.

I would've been disappointed if they didn't give him another go.

Makes up for seeing Browne get the slice for me.

All the best for him and hope he stays injury free...or he breaks down and its back to the minor leagues for good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back