Player Watch #17 - Harley Bennell - Fingers can now be uncrossed

Remove this Banner Ad

Since schmuttt loves this so much I hate it.

but seriously, these are the type of "risks" (I say risk but there really isn't any) we need to take, absolutely nothing to lose with a high upside.

Jon Ralph tweeted a story saying bad news for Bennell? I can’t see it behind paywalls.
Apparently the bad news is him still being in rehab and unlikely be ready to play until mid year ... classic click bait rubbish from Ralphy

Apparently the bad news is him still being in rehab and unlikely be ready to play until mid year ... classic click bait rubbish from Ralphy

Releases it on a Sunday night too the a-hole.

Yeah the article is from last week, when Goody said that Bennell playing by mid season would be a good result. Treloar has since injured himself and they’ve added it above the original Bennell story. Pretty shady journalism really, especially given it was a non-story to begin with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Bennell in the Hell & Back doco - I'm so keen to see him finally get back on the park. He's getting so much support from the other blokes.

Mate who has worked with him said he's a ripping fella - one of the best - but just a pest on the grog. So if his life is in order off the field, can imagine why he has become so popular, so quickly.

Mate who has worked with him said he's a ripping fella - one of the best - but just a pest on the grog. So if his life is in order off the field, can imagine why he has become so popular, so quickly.
Not a heap of people getting smarter on the piss tbf lol

Not a heap of people getting smarter on the piss tbf lol

Some are fine tho, I've got some mates who are great on the piss, and ive got others who I just don't wanna be around cause they are annoying as *. Some people just shouldn't drink. Sounds like Harley is one of them.

I love the whole "my stress was due to changing codes/clubs" So I smashed as much cocaine as I could.

It must be so hard giving up $400k+ a year in the NRL to change to earning $400k+ a year in the AFL. Such a ******* stressful time for K.hUNT.

What a flog. The type of bloke to throw a team mate under the bus to protect himself.

FWIW, and I dont expect anybody to believe me or care, but Karmichael is an extremely intelligent guy and a lovely fella.

I daresay north of 30% of professional athletes in this country and taking party drugs in their off-season.

FWIW, and I dont expect anybody to believe me or care, but Karmichael is an extremely intelligent guy and a lovely fella.

I daresay north of 30% of professional athletes in this country and taking party drugs in their off-season.
That can be all good, but he's a shitty influence to others. If you read the article, he constantly brings others into his abuse. I supplied it and others took it.
It's pretty much if i'm in the s**t then I can burn others around me. Childish and s**t house IMO. Not the sort of bloke I would want around me.

I legit felt a bit teary in episode 4 when Goody made the announcement about MFC offering Harley a spot.

I hope he makes it. No kidding, I would be thrilled if another team had picked him up and he got back on the field. He’s such a talented player and if he wants to keep working at it, it would be amazing to see him play again

After he was charged, it is understood Hunt gave two statements to police in the knowledge it would lead to a lesser sentence, having pleaded guilty to the possession charges.

"Another Suns player paid half the money". Again for legal reasons, The Sunday Telegraph is withholding his name.

He names five other players who were with them. Their names cannot be published either.

According to Hunt, "all but two players used the cocaine".

"I don’t recall who did and didn’t use it as I was drunk and affected by the cocaine".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back