Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm usually reserved in calling for players to be dropped, but I've been on Melksham's back for a while. Last night really pissed me off, however. Enough is enough I think. In saying that, I don't agree with Fatessendonman at all.

I just dont understand what he offers?

speed - no
tackling - no
disposal - no
good overhead - no
pressures - no
Influence on the game /10 = 0.1

Melksham spent 75% time on the ground last night, finishing with 3 kicks, 4 handballs and a 57% disposal efficiency including 1 clanger.

No one is denying Melksham had a dog of a game last night. Seven possessions is pathetic, no matter how you spin it.

But to say he is not AFL standard? Sorry, rubbish. He's had a disappointing year, no doubt. If you need reminding of what he is capable of (and the fact he is AFL standard), look no further than our game against the Cats last year.

No one is denying Melksham had a dog of a game last night. Seven possessions is pathetic, no matter how you spin it.

But to say he is not AFL standard? Sorry, rubbish. He's had a disappointing year, no doubt. If you need reminding of what he is capable of (and the fact he is AFL standard), look no further than our game against the Cats last year.

Wow, 1 game out of how many? So reimers is a an elite player because he kicked 8 goals vs gold coast?

Hmmm, I'm finding myself agreeing with Fatessendonman at this stage, in that I really don't know what he is meant to be offering the team.

Just from my outside perspective, it seems as if he has become way too comfortable, in that he acts like he's guaranteed his spot in the team.

He comes across as highly arrogant, seriously.

Wow, 1 game out of how many? So reimers is a an elite player because he kicked 8 goals vs gold coast?

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Being BOG versus Geelong is quite different to shooting eight fish in a barrel against Gold Coast.

Besides, I didn't say Melksham is elite. I just said that he is AFL standard- when you said he isn't.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Being BOG versus Geelong is quite different to shooting eight fish in a barrel against Gold Coast.

Besides, I didn't say Melksham is elite. I just said that he is AFL standard- when you said he isn't.

When his last good game was a year a go, we seriously need to evaluate if he is AFL standard at the moment, to which I would say no.

Hmmm, I'm finding myself agreeing with Fatessendonman at this stage, in that I really don't know what he is meant to be offering the team.

Just from my outside perspective, it seems as if he has become way too comfortable, in that he acts like he's guaranteed his spot in the team.

He comes across as highly arrogant, seriously.

Agree that he does need to be dropped, to give him a rocket if nothing else. He's certainly had a pretty charmed run compared to quite a few others this year.

When his last good game was a year a go, we seriously need to evaluate if he is AFL standard at the moment, to which I would say no.

Yeah, right now, he is not performing up to either expectations or requirements.

I just don't quite get how one could think he's never been up to it.

Yeah, right now, he is not performing up to either expectations or requirements.

I just don't quite get how one could think he's never been up to it.

At the moment I liken him to a man in a relationship who gets too comfortable.

He no longer feels the need to continually better himself, as he thinks the woman will love him no matter how much he lets himself go.

I think Essendon and Jake need to see other people for a few weeks and then see if Jake approaches the relationship any different.

If he plays this coming week, he better provide a bloody big romantic gesture.

Never rated him, is he an inside or outside mid? He is slow, shit overhead, average disposal, weak, never goes in hard. not AFL standard.

you goose

a third year 50 game player who obviously is hitting the wall under one of the toughest training regimes in the league - yeh lets dump him, obviously never will be 'AFL standard'...

Not going to go as far as some but he does need to be dropped. He dogged a few contests last night along with running to spots he knew he would not be used.
Clubs have worked out his clearance trick and block him out and he is still suffering from the consistency issues he had at TAC level. Is also one of the bigger offenders of the brain fades that leave massive holes in the zone.
He has a future but is not doing enough to currently be playing week in and week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to go as far as some but he does need to be dropped. He dogged a few contests last night along with running to spots he knew he would not be used.
Clubs have worked out his clearance trick and block him out and he is still suffering from the consistency issues he had at TAC level. Is also one of the bigger offenders of the brain fades that leave massive holes in the zone.
He has a future but is not doing enough to currently be playing week in and week out.
I agree needs a rest , lets not crucify a 3 year player , massive upside when he finds some decent form IMHO

Not that I want Melksham to be the scapegoat for a 4 point loss... but I am tired of his sit down to take a piss performances. He can't stick a tackle which directly cost us 2 goals tonight. He doesn't run and pressure the ball carrier. His laconic jog infuriates me!

The reason he hasn't done an injury is because he doesn't chase. He is the epitome of not working hard enough that has plagued us the last few games. He has been tried in every position, surely even injuries can not save him this week.

First out this week for team selection for mine. Yes, I even have him out before Slattery.

Scary to think he could be a 80 game player come seasons end in 2013.

Big summer ahead.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps he has put too much weight on in the gym this pre season and is now just super slow.

Im forever the optimist and positive thinker and that's all I can defend him with he has been very poor.

Early in the season he got a fortune saying something about new employment. A foreshadowing perhaps?

I don't know who there is to come in but for god sake get rid of this bloke. Yea third year player bla bla bla... Shows very little defineable quality that says he's going to be a good AFL player. Liability. Go and get your development from Bendigo for the rest of the year as far as i'm concerned.

I don't know who there is to come in but for god sake get rid of this bloke. Yea third year player bla bla bla... Shows very little defineable quality that says he's going to be a good AFL player. Liability. Go and get your development from Bendigo for the rest of the year as far as i'm concerned.

How can you get rid of a guy when we have no-one to replace him.
I actually think he is playing injured in some way, either that, or he is terrified he will do a hamstring like everyone else around him.
He should at least be a sub this week, and give him a chance to impact.

I actually thought yesterdays performance was much improved from recent weeks.

Apart from the obvious mistakes I thought he had a bigger impact yesterday than his last 3 games put together. Good signs.

Apparently we could have as many as 5 ins this week (with 2 forced outs)?

If he gets a game this week there is definitely something going on. Somebody has compromising photos of somebody, or something. He’s been horrible for 8 weeks.

Serious question... would a bloke with identical output, who was drafted at pick 50, be getting a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back