AFL Player #17: Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

17 - goldstein.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 25, Vander18

Welcome aboard, big fella.

Never thought I'd see the day when Todd Goldstein plays for Essendon, but here we are

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin Powers Love GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a weird way, I am a bit sad for him that he's ended up with us instead of a genuine contender.

He very clearly can still play at a pretty high level.

Multiple contenders would’ve taken him. We offered the most money, simple.

He’s a good addition for us. Pretty much perfect insurance for Draper’s iffy body at the moment.

The most intriguing one in the whole picture is Bryan. Clearly they don’t have complete faith in him to be #1 when Draper is injured. He’s 22yo now with three solid years in the VFL incl a VFL B&F. You’d think he should be in that role.

The VFL will be an interesting watch if / when Bryan and Goldy play together.

Anyone else feel like his leadership is an underrated component as well?

Having a big guy in the middle, around the ground putting his body on the line, doing the 1%er's , leading from the front, he seems to lift those around him when he is on

Might actually provide a target when we are forced to kick down the line and help with that problem. Ruck work and involvement around the ground makes us look better.
Might help Parish have some extraordinary games too. Such a big unit, doesn't get pushed out of ruck contests easily, has super clean taps, is mobile and takes marks. I just hope Draper and Bryan watch and listen.

Todd is an interesting addition to our team.
He still is very durable at his age, played 20 games in 2023. Avg 20 games last 6 years.
Always liked his ruck work. Hope he plays most matches this year.
I didn't realise how durable until the Cats game, or that he's 35. That's nuts. If he plays that well for most of the season, we're in a good place.

I didn't realise how durable until the Cats game, or that he's 35. That's nuts. If he plays that well for most of the season, we're in a good place.

I'm sure if anything can break him, it's Essendon. Meanwhile if he can impart some wisdow on how to prepare and keep your body in one piece through the rigour of AFL to the other ruckmen (and the rest of the list) that would be nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back