Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Dr Larkins, has he ever been right?

Bt - "Whats happening down there Doc, looks like hes picked an injury up"

Doc - "Yes BT, it looks serious, could be a broken leg"

**3 minutes pass**

BT - "Any update on the leg injury down there Doc?"

Doc - "Yes BT, seems like it was just a knock to the forearm, hes back on"

Going by the comments from the club....when we got him, he was going to be good for rnd 1, maybe a few practice games, and now it's 'hopefully rnd1', and let's face it, the club isn't known for being up front about such things.

My guess is he's going to miss the first few rounds, and I wouldn't be shocked if he played a game of two of VFL (limited game time/help him get back up to speed).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The actual article is click bait. Big call from Doc Larkins - he may not get back to his best. Wooooo, gutsy call Doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on ZERO, NIL, ZILCH actual evidence.

It’s just negative press. Nothing actually in it, but just another “worst case scenario” article. Just like the other one where Ellis is the headline about not starting contract talks until after the bye. But go look at the way it’s written and what is actually entailed in it. Again, negative focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should we be concerned?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/ed2cef742a7870f0242d3c94018d1199

Richmond recruit Tom Lynch may never get back to his best after PCL surgery, Dr Peter Larkins fears
Sam Edmund, Herald Sun
February 27, 2019 8:54pm
Subscriber only
Leading sports physician Dr Peter Larkins says Tom Lynch’sprolonged PCL knee struggles have potentially put the Richmond recruit at risk of never getting back to his best.
Lynch missed the last three games of 2017, a month in early 2018 and didn’t play after Round 14 — going under the knife when rest failed to cure his knee pain at the Gold Coast Suns.
“At his best he’s obviously a really good player, but sometimes there are injuries that mean guys never get back to their best and you recruit them thinking you’re going to be a genius,” Larkins told the Herald Sun.
TIGER: LYNCH AIMING FOR ROUND 1 DESPITE NO GAME TIME
OPERATION: LYNCH UNDERGOES MORE KNEE SURGERY
FREE AGENT: BRANDON ELLIS PUTS CONTRACT TALKS ON HOLD

“Clubs are sometimes more optimistic than they need to be on certain things.”
Lynch remains determined to face Carlton in Richmond’s season-opener, but this week conceded: “I’m not sure”.
Jarryd Roughead, Luke Hodge, Cyril Rioli, Grant Birchall and Nakia Cockatoo have all undergone PCL operations in recent years, with varying degrees of success.
PCL surgery, while refined by modern medicine, is still considered rare given the complexity and risks with the procedure.
0d40cb3604810b4a2b223c673ca430e2
Tom Lynch battles with new teammate Ryan Garthwaite at training. Picture: Michael Klein
“Lynch is interesting because if he turns out to be a Luke Hodge, who we’ve almost forgot had one, he’ll be fine,” Larkins said.
“But you look at Lynch and it was a case of will-he or won’t-he (have surgery) and as the months go on the knee usually gets more wear in it and more cartilage damage.
“So even though you might have a PCL operation to make the knee stable, athletes have often got advanced change in the knee by the time you do it so the soreness continues afterwards. The secondary damage to the joint surface and cartilage is already established.
CRYSTAL BALL: EXPERT PREDICTIONS FOR SEASON 2019
GARY BUCKENARA: SUPERCOACH ROOKIES YOU NEED TO KNOW
INTRA-CLUB: DRAFTEE SHINES IN TIGERS SCRATCH MATCH

“Quite often clubs are leaving it a long time before they get it done. You can tighten the PCL looseness, but if you’ve got cartilage damage, that is what’s irreversible.”
Lynch, 26, joined Richmond as a restricted free agent, signing a seven-year deal to partner Jack Riewoldt in Damien Hardwick’s forward line.
The Tigers have cautiously eased him into their pre-season program and already ruled him out of both JLT Community Series pre-season matches.
1584e3546ad093f27750c09117567828
Lynch remains hopeful of playing in Round 1. Picture: Michael Klein
“If you took 50 knee surgeons in Melbourne and asked how many do ACLs I reckon 50 will put their hand up. (But) if you ask those 50 how many do PCL reconstructions you might find four or five put their hand up,” Larkins said.
“The PCL is totally different from the ACL in the sense it runs in the opposite direction. Everything in surgery is back to front so it’s more tricky.
RELATED CONTENT
38ea4b922f475d0f814c09080a694657

Doctor sends alarming Lynch warning to Tigers

e4085134ffcb2f9ef912e4584440bc16

Tiger to put contract talks on hold

v2

“In our Epworth Hospital network between 2016-2017 we did 1,730 ACL reconstructions and we’ve done around 14 PCLs so there’s the sign.
“Clearly the successful ones are the ones we like to talk about, but the problem is there’s a whole bunch that are slow.”
The Tigers face the Blues at the MCG on March 21 with Lynch desperate to make his Richmond debut in the traditional blockbuster.
“I don’t know if Round 1 is realistic because Round 1 is less than four weeks away,” Larkins said.
“It will come down to him being really confident and ready to go and not having a setback, because you only get one go at it.”

eb38656899fe4823e9e10cad978b09c1

COMMENTS

Show comments

GET OUR SUPERFOOTY'S TEAM DAILY WRAP
ic-field-logo.svg

Submit
template

MOST VIEWED
e535ed4e30fa6e6141018dd99c189461

Drunk wife’s car-crash cheating spree

3cdf5dd0010aa779d2b7caf79396e101

Robbo: Truth behind Saints’ biggest issues

8ace418bb0eebb9bb5cff18917e68937

Gaga comes clean on lady boy talk

ON TONIGHT: MY RESPONSE TO CRITICS OF MY DEFENCE OF
To summarise the whole article:

Peter Larkins:"Is he going to get back to his best? He may or may not. I'm not sure."

Should we be concerned?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/ed2cef742a7870f0242d3c94018d1199

Richmond recruit Tom Lynch may never get back to his best after PCL surgery, Dr Peter Larkins fears
Sam Edmund, Herald Sun
February 27, 2019 8:54pm
Subscriber only
Leading sports physician Dr Peter Larkins says Tom Lynch’sprolonged PCL knee struggles have potentially put the Richmond recruit at risk of never getting back to his best.
Lynch missed the last three games of 2017, a month in early 2018 and didn’t play after Round 14 — going under the knife when rest failed to cure his knee pain at the Gold Coast Suns.
“At his best he’s obviously a really good player, but sometimes there are injuries that mean guys never get back to their best and you recruit them thinking you’re going to be a genius,” Larkins told the Herald Sun.
TIGER: LYNCH AIMING FOR ROUND 1 DESPITE NO GAME TIME
OPERATION: LYNCH UNDERGOES MORE KNEE SURGERY
FREE AGENT: BRANDON ELLIS PUTS CONTRACT TALKS ON HOLD

“Clubs are sometimes more optimistic than they need to be on certain things.”
Lynch remains determined to face Carlton in Richmond’s season-opener, but this week conceded: “I’m not sure”.
Jarryd Roughead, Luke Hodge, Cyril Rioli, Grant Birchall and Nakia Cockatoo have all undergone PCL operations in recent years, with varying degrees of success.
PCL surgery, while refined by modern medicine, is still considered rare given the complexity and risks with the procedure.
0d40cb3604810b4a2b223c673ca430e2
Tom Lynch battles with new teammate Ryan Garthwaite at training. Picture: Michael Klein
“Lynch is interesting because if he turns out to be a Luke Hodge, who we’ve almost forgot had one, he’ll be fine,” Larkins said.
“But you look at Lynch and it was a case of will-he or won’t-he (have surgery) and as the months go on the knee usually gets more wear in it and more cartilage damage.
“So even though you might have a PCL operation to make the knee stable, athletes have often got advanced change in the knee by the time you do it so the soreness continues afterwards. The secondary damage to the joint surface and cartilage is already established.
CRYSTAL BALL: EXPERT PREDICTIONS FOR SEASON 2019
GARY BUCKENARA: SUPERCOACH ROOKIES YOU NEED TO KNOW
INTRA-CLUB: DRAFTEE SHINES IN TIGERS SCRATCH MATCH

“Quite often clubs are leaving it a long time before they get it done. You can tighten the PCL looseness, but if you’ve got cartilage damage, that is what’s irreversible.”
Lynch, 26, joined Richmond as a restricted free agent, signing a seven-year deal to partner Jack Riewoldt in Damien Hardwick’s forward line.
The Tigers have cautiously eased him into their pre-season program and already ruled him out of both JLT Community Series pre-season matches.
1584e3546ad093f27750c09117567828
Lynch remains hopeful of playing in Round 1. Picture: Michael Klein
“If you took 50 knee surgeons in Melbourne and asked how many do ACLs I reckon 50 will put their hand up. (But) if you ask those 50 how many do PCL reconstructions you might find four or five put their hand up,” Larkins said.
“The PCL is totally different from the ACL in the sense it runs in the opposite direction. Everything in surgery is back to front so it’s more tricky.
RELATED CONTENT
38ea4b922f475d0f814c09080a694657

e4085134ffcb2f9ef912e4584440bc16

v2

“In our Epworth Hospital network between 2016-2017 we did 1,730 ACL reconstructions and we’ve done around 14 PCLs so there’s the sign.
“Clearly the successful ones are the ones we like to talk about, but the problem is there’s a whole bunch that are slow.”
The Tigers face the Blues at the MCG on March 21 with Lynch desperate to make his Richmond debut in the traditional blockbuster.
“I don’t know if Round 1 is realistic because Round 1 is less than four weeks away,” Larkins said.
“It will come down to him being really confident and ready to go and not having a setback, because you only get one go at it.”

eb38656899fe4823e9e10cad978b09c1

COMMENTS

Show comments

GET OUR SUPERFOOTY'S TEAM DAILY WRAP
ic-field-logo.svg

Submit
template

MOST VIEWED
e535ed4e30fa6e6141018dd99c189461

3cdf5dd0010aa779d2b7caf79396e101

8ace418bb0eebb9bb5cff18917e68937

ON TONIGHT: MY RESPONSE TO CRITICS OF MY DEFENCE OF
LOL, is this the same Doc Larkins that declared that Troy Chaplin had done an ACL and would be gone for 12 months, only for Chaplin to return to the field 5 minutes later and play out the rest of the season. :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back